talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What is wrong with Germany?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Low is a great team builder, but this World Cup he took profile more to account than actual quality players. His stubborness cost him the tournament. He was never a great tactician.

With Argentina it's easy to detect what's wrong with them but here we have a team that's got incredible talent and has mixed it with top quality youth for this tournament. Plus it's the same coach that has guided them to converting themselves as World Champions. This one isn't easy to be honest and I know most of the German fans on here will blame Löw, but it's not easy to justify that. 

I'll add one bit that may transcend to other parts of the field.  Even though Neuer may not have made any serious blockbuster blooper in goal, the on form guy all season for Germany in the shape of Ter Stegen was overlooked in Del Bosque style by one of his own. 

Ter Stegen

Kimmich-Ginter-Tah-Hector

Weigl   

Goretzka-Kroos

Brandt-Werner-Reus

Scrap basically any Bayern player who isn't utterly indispensable in his position, simples.

Well, Ithink this embarassing end of our WC campaign has a lot to do with arrogance, this bunch of players truely believed to be better than they are. It´s time to rebuild the team and cut off the dead wood like Özil and Müller, who both showed that they´re not good enough (in Müllers case anymore) to play in the German national team. I don´t think Löw is to blame @SirBalon I´m not like the English public, where players are always exempt from criticism, South Korea are minnows, German national team members are supposed to beat them without being coached at all, at least this has to be the standard of German internationals, I finally don´t agree with the statement it would be the managers job to motivate his players, if they´re not aware how priviliged they are by having their favorite activity as a job, a very well paid one on top of this, than they need shooting. By the way the defeat against South Korea had nothing to do with tactics and a lot with attitude and complacency. This is not the managers fault but the players, that said I think Löws time should be up now, he´s the team managers under whichs helm Germany went out at group stage of a WC for the first time in DFBs history.

17 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, Ithink this embarassing end of our WC campaign has a lot to do with arrogance, this bunch of players truely believed to be better than they are. It´s time to rebuild the team and cut off the dead wood like Özil and Müller, who both showed that they´re not good enough (in Müllers case anymore) to play in the German national team. I don´t think Löw is to blame @SirBalon I´m not like the English public, where players are always exempt from criticism, South Korea are minnows, German national team members are supposed to beat them without being coached at all, at least this has to be the standard of German internationals, I finally don´t agree with the statement it would be the managers job to motivate his players, if they´re not aware how priviliged they are by having their favorite activity as a job, a very well paid one on top of this, than they need shooting. By the way the defeat against South Korea had nothing to do with tactics and a lot with attitude and complacency. This is not the managers fault but the players, that said I think Löws time should be up now, he´s the team managers under whichs helm Germany went out at group stage of a WC for the first time in DFBs history.

Good post and I agree with many sentiments there including the fact that the buck passes with the coach whether or not he is to blame overall.

The only point in all that with which I disagree although I know the angle you were coming from is the part where you say that Germany don’t need to be coached to beat a team like Korea.

Football has changed and there are very few walkovers these days. Players from all continents play in Europe these days and all are tactically upto date everywhere with the globalisation of football over the last couple of decades.

All the same, yes, Germany should be beating Korea in a World Cup game without a doubt. 

Archived