talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid CF Discussion

football forum

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It's not just that, it was literally the fact that their defense was just as good as their attack. The way they win the ball back, control the game aswell as produce football this world has never seen before makes them at the pinnacle for me. 

I agree

I was going with the point though that I prefer clubs made from pure development over bought teams. Successful teams that have players who have fully developed since a young age, it leaves more of a legacy and leaves more connection with the fans. While its definitely not as important as whats been played on the pitch, I do believe it has its importance in what made a team so good and I'll use the word likeable.

Besides, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol were all among some of the best of all time in their position. As for this Real side, we still have to wait and see if they become that. Right now, only Ronaldo fits into that, where as Casemiro, Carvajal, Isco and Marco Asencio are the 4 that I believe have a shot at getting into that category.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Spike said:

How far will Asensio go? Will he falter like many before him? Sergio Canales, Guti, Jose Jurado, Thomas Graveson, Antonio Cassano, among others, all have failed to reach their potential at Real Madrid. I've known about the bloke for a while now, since Mallorca but I didn't know he was going to be the real deal. It is always easy to spot talent but it's hard game to know that they are going to make a mark.

This RM team is close to being on level with Pep's Barcelona and I feel if they win La Liga and the CL again, they have easily trounced them. It is unbelievable, the quality of this team, they can almost feel like two clubs at some points. The youngsters breaking through and the established stars, Pep's Barca never had that depth. That is saying a lot as well, not many teams throughout history can hold a candle to that Barca team. 

I think he will be a great player because unlike most of them you mentioned above Asensio is playing for the best team in the world right now by a mile while it was probably not the case back then for Real Madrid. Add to that a good manager (not sure about his tactics) but he is getting something done right and its all working, especially the way he is handling so many superstars and the rotation, and also trusts in their young players. There couldnt be a better platform to boost his confidence and help him play the best he can. Unless he gets a bad injury like Jese had or he loses his head by diverting like Balotelli or a mix of both like Wilshere :ph34r:, he should be the next big thing in football for me. 

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

It's not just that, it was literally the fact that their defense was just as good as their attack. The way they win the ball back, control the game aswell as produce football this world has never seen before makes them at the pinnacle for me. 

and don't forget their acting.

i agree that it was a good side, but it was tainted with too much controversies that it's shameful.    i don't need to tell em all here coz this is a real madrid thread, but ALL football fans know of what play-acting that Pep-Barca was.

back on topic ::   the evolution of Real is quite funny, from a team that relies on money to a team that relies on the youth-system.    zidane is doing wonders.   but c'mon, who in their line up can really challenge for greatness against Zidane ???  even ronaldo will shut up with the accomplishments of his coach.   maybe that's why the players listen to him and respect him.

On 17-8-2017 at 4:11 AM, Cicero said:

Barcelona's defence in their golden era is indeed underestimated. They were so good they succeeded for years to obscure the fact they had a very mediocre goalkeeper (Valdes). I remember reading a statistic in the 2006/07 season or the one after that which showed that Casillas had let in just a few more goals than Valdes despite receiving literally 3 times as many shots on goal.

24 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

yeah.     years back, in every Clasico he always gets red carded

it's a good thing now that he is alone, before there were two of them, him and that bastard pepe.

Pepe actually exceeded the value of the word 'cunt'. I honestly don't know the definition or term for it. 

It's weird because tensions culminated so much under the Mourinho era that you'd think people have calmed down by now. For the most part this is true, but Ramos seems to have gotten progressively worse. He was one of my favourite footballers ever since he came over from Sevilla, but I'm really starting to grow tired of his shenanigans.

By contrast, Marcelo has grown into my favourite player of the whole bunch.

56 minutes ago, Panflute said:

It's weird because tensions culminated so much under the Mourinho era that you'd think people have calmed down by now. For the most part this is true, but Ramos seems to have gotten progressively worse. He was one of my favourite footballers ever since he came over from Sevilla, but I'm really starting to grow tired of his shenanigans.

By contrast, Marcelo has grown into my favourite player of the whole bunch.

Ramos is spanish.   the board protects him.

if i were the coach of the opposing team, i'll give only one advise for my players  "Go, F**k up Ramos' head".   He'll get a red card and Madrid will lose their cool and lose the game.

Ramos isn't only defended by the club because of his ultra-Spanishness... Or hyper-patriotism.  He is massively defended by Madrid's press.  He is their hammer figure and one they coax to come out with quirks or partisan comments especially when in reference to another vocal character in Spanish football which is Gerard Piqué...  The only difference being that Piqué in general is much more intelligent than the man from Seville and I promise you I'm not being biased there.

In saying this, Sergio Ramos is a very good defender when concentrating and not letting his emotions take over the few top quality football brain cells that live within his skull.  Not only is he a very good defender, but he's also a player that lives in the the epic world of football.  He is the epitome of "EPIC" in the football sense and THAT is something extremely important for a top football club if we can somehow dismiss the fact he loses it and gets himself sent-off so many times a season.

Due to tours and pre appointed pre season friendlies, the Trofeo Bernabéu like the Joan Gamper sometimes is played once the season starts especially when it's an international tournament season like this one where the World Cup is coming. The season starts earlier and some clubs find themselves without dates. 

Whomever the best is player is changes like the eb and flow of the tide.  Yes, Modric is the best... for now. Who is to say that in six months Iniesta goes through an unreal revitalisation and drags Barcelona to success? Or that someone new doesn't usurp that title?  For instance: overall I'd pick Messi; right now I'd pick Cristiano. Perhaps in six months I'd choose Zlatan or even Morata.

Dish of the day syndrome!

Not just this...  An absence on understanding the sport and comprehending human beings. Anyway...  As I've always said, Modrić is a brilliant player and I wouldn't dispute him winning the award for last season.  We are talking about last season, aren't we?

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Whomever the best is player is changes like the eb and flow of the tide.  Yes, Modric is the best... for now. Who is to say that in six months Iniesta goes through an unreal revitalisation and drags Barcelona to success? Or that someone new doesn't usurp that title?  For instance: overall I'd pick Messi; right now I'd pick Cristiano. Perhaps in six months I'd choose Zlatan or even Morata.

exactly.   that's how sports goes.   as what michael schumacher has said  " ti's like a wheel, sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down"  ............ 

just out of the blue .... this would be my all time 11 ..

Gk - Kahn

defense -   Roberto Carlos - Franz Beckenbauer - Fernando Hierro - Cafu

midfield - Zico - Zidane - Cruyff - Chris Ronaldo

forward - Pele - Batistuta

my Best 11 of the last 10 years ..

GK - Casillas

defense - Lahm - Terry - Chiellini - Marcelo

midfield - Xavi - chris ronaldo - Gerrard - Lampard

forward - messi - raul

last night Madrid had the "United Curse".   too many chances but the ball DON'T want to go in. :P   Little Marco is such a marvel to watch,  he is very helpful in defense and his movement off the ball is very good, his first goal was a beauty, it's like a fade-away shot of Michael Jordan :D:D 

While some ridiculous examples of journalism in the UK claim that Arsenal are about to sign Marco Asensio for £70m xD...  Florentino Pérez is already reviewing Asensio's buy-out clause which was reviewed only 4 months ago.  It stands at €350m but seeing as what happened with Neymar going to PSG for €222m, and one or two other Arab clubs floating around in Europe, the Real Madrid president wants to put a diamond coated insurance block on what's fast becoming one of the world's biggest rising stars...  They're talking about maybe football's first €1b buy-out clause.

Edited by SirBalon

I don't know, maybe just maybe Manchester City is only waiting on how PSG can fulfill within the laws of FFF after buying Neymar.    If PSG isn't sanctioned, maybe, just maybe, City will buy Messi.

But as for Marco, well, a 1 Billion Buy Out Clause is deserving of his youth and talent.

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

While some ridiculous examples of journalism in the UK claim that Arsenal are about to sign Marco Asensio for £70m xD...  Florentino Pérez is already reviewing Asensio's buy-out clause which was reviewed only 4 months ago.  It stands at €350m but seeing as what happened with Neymar going to PSG for €222m, and one or two other Arab clubs floating around in Europe, the Real Madrid president wants to put a diamond coated insurance block on what's fast becoming one of the world's biggest rising stars...  They're talking about maybe football's first €1b buy-out clause.

How does the buy out clauses work mate? I know that the clause means any club wanting to buy a player needs to pay a minimum of that clause amount to the club owning the player. But how do they determine how much the buy out clause should be and when they change the number do they have to pay the player more? Like in this case if they are improving the buy out clause to 1billion then will Real Madrid have to pay a % of that to Asensio, the player, as his salary?

Edited by Asura