talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid CF Discussion

football forum

40 minutes ago, Asura said:

How does the buy out clauses work mate? I know that the clause means any club wanting to buy a player needs to pay a minimum of that clause amount to the club owning the player. But how do they determine how much the buy out clause should be and when they change the number do they have to pay the player more? Like in this case if they are improving the buy out clause to 1billion then will Real Madrid have to pay a % of that to Asensio, the player, as his salary?

There is no set rule!

That's between the club, player and player's agent on the moment of a contract review or renewal depending what the circumstances are.  Sometimes clauses are lowered when a player renews so as to lower his wages.  But then a contract is reviewed or renewed, the normal thing is for the player to subsequently earn more and the club get their part with a much higher buy-out clause.

In the case of Marco Asensio, he will no doubt now have a superstar contract this time around and get the top bracket wages which will mean  a massive buy-out clause like the one being speculated on.

What's for sure is that the bigger clubs in La Liga want to stop this buy-out clause situation as their defence mechanism with a negotiation only rule is much more adequate.  For medium to especially smaller clubs, a buy-out clause sometimes makes sure they get top dollar for players that can be poached by bigger clubs.  The player will put pressure on the club to move and that can cause chaos in the club.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

There is no set rule!

That's between the club, player and player's agent on the moment of a contract review or renewal depending what the circumstances are.  Sometimes clauses are lowered when a player renews so as to lower his wages.  But then a contract is reviewed or renewed, the normal thing is for the player to subsequently earn more and the club get their part with a much higher buy-out clause.

In the case of Marco Asensio, he will no doubt now have a superstar contract this time around and get the top bracket wages which will mean  a massive buy-out clause like the one being speculated on.

What's for sure is that the bigger clubs in La Liga want to stop this buy-out clause situation as their defence mechanism with a negotiation only rule is much more adequate.  For medium to especially smaller clubs, a buy-out clause sometimes makes sure they get top dollar for players that can be poached by bigger clubs.  The player will put pressure on the club to move and that can cause chaos in the club.

I thought you claimed it didn't exist? :coffee:

24 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I thought you claimed it didn't exist? :coffee:

There is no law telling clubs to implement it... Although the player's union back in the late 1990s did get all the players onside to use this as they felt it hindered their freedom of choice and wanted the same work ethics as every other worker. Like I said then mate...  I've searched and searched without every having found where the law stands on this.

Edited by SirBalon

• 2 weeks later...

Marco Asensio has revealed that former Real Madrid star Ruud van Nistelrooy approached him while working as Netherlands assistant coach to ask if the young Spain star would consider representing the Dutch national team.

The 21-year-old could have chosen to represent Netherlands through his Dutch mother, but the exciting Los Blancos winger has never represented the country at any level.

Instead, Asensio played for Spain through the youth categories before making his senior debut against Switzerland in 3-1 victory in May 2016. 

Things could have been very different had he succumbed to Netherlands' advances when Van Nistelrooy made the call, though Asensio is adamant he never wavered from his Spain dream.

"I was called by Van Nistelrooy to play for Netherlands," Asensio told Cope.

"I talked to him for a while, then he passed me to the head coach and he told me that they wanted me at all costs. 

"[But] I really did not hesitate [in committing to Spain]."

Well I think talking to Danny Blind was never going to convince him.

15053063296324.jpg

Marcelo renews until 2022 with Real Madrid

Real Madrid CF have just announced that Brazilian right-back Marcelo has renewed with the club until 2022.  Marcelo 29 years of age has played 415 games for Los Merengues and is chasing down his idol and fellow Brazilian Roberto Carlos (who he replaced) with 527 games for the club.  Marcelo joined Real Madrid CF at the young age of 18 and has formed himself into one of the best right-backs in the world. It's only a matter of time before he passes Roberto Carlos at Real Madrid.

20170913-636409358109354589_201709132146

OFFICIAL: Isco renews with Real Madrid CF until 2022

Yesterday it was Marcelo who put pen to paper on a new extended contract at Real Madrid until 2022 and today Isco done likewise.  In the light of how things are working in the transfer market after the departure of Neymar to PSG from Barcelona, Real Madrid are taking no risks and have placed a hefty €700m on his head as a buy-out clause.  Real Madrid are the only club at the moment that have officially reported Paris Saint-Germain to UEFA from Spain due to how they're run in a fan based ownership which if made legal in the way PSG signed the Brazilian, they know they won't be able to compete due to not being owned by an individual.  Isco will present himself in front of the media tomorrow afternoon with his new improved deal and next in line is Marco Asensio who is rumoured to have agreed a €1b buy-out clause.

Edited by SirBalon

On 13/09/2017 at 9:50 AM, SirBalon said:

15053063296324.jpg

Marcelo renews until 2022 with Real Madrid

Real Madrid CF have just announced that Brazilian right-back Marcelo has renewed with the club until 2022.  Marcelo 29 years of age has played 415 games for Los Merengues and is chasing down his idol and fellow Brazilian Roberto Carlos (who he replaced) with 527 games for the club.  Marcelo joined Real Madrid CF at the young age of 18 and has formed himself into one of the best right-backs in the world. It's only a matter of time before he passes Roberto Carlos at Real Madrid.

Marcelo is a great player, arguably the best left-back in the world, but isn´t this a bit too long? Especially considering the investment they made in Theo Hernández. 

6 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Marcelo is a great player, arguably the best left-back in the world, but isn´t this a bit too long? Especially considering the investment they made in Theo Hernández. 

He said only today; "As far as I'm concerned I'm a Real Madrid academy player".  You're right about Theo and he's a marvellous prospect. Many said that they should've done with him what they done with Asensio at Mallorca which is to leave him there on loan.

What's for sure is that Marcelo is basic for Real Madrid right now and is a protagonist in their attack. He is very important and thus this particular contract. Unless something untoward happens I can see him being a Roberto Carlos at Real or a Dani Alves at Barça that plays his best years where he is. 

16 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

by far the best LB. It still amazes me that some clueless people on here said it was Sandro not Marcelo 😂😂😂😂

Because Sandro can actually defend. If both players switched clubs you wouldn't be saying the same thing. 

In terms of influence, Marcelo edges it ahead of Luis and Sandro. 

Sandro is the superior defender...  Infact Marcelo's defending is substandard and isn't anywhere near one of the good full-back defenders in the world.  He needs cover and the guy who plays beside him at centre-back is the one who covers for his defensive errors.  This is part of the reason for so many of Sergio Ramos' bookings with Real Madrid...  A great example of this situation where Marcelo goes awol in defensive duties was the previous 'El Clásico' at the Santiago Bernabéu for Barcelona's winning goal...  Marcelo failed to recover a simple position on where he was situated and let Sergi Roberto drive through midfield with the ball opening up the pitch on both flanks.

In saying this...  No left-back in the world attacks like he does which is why I mentioned that facet in the post relating to his contract renewal.  He is the best in the world at that and perfect for Real Madrid because of the demise of Cristiano Ronaldo as a player that can force the left-side of the pitch.  The Portuguese player now plays as a full-9 through the middle leaving the whole flank for Marcelo who exploits it unbelievably.

Edited by SirBalon

15056539246528.jpg

OFFICIAL: Dani Carvajal renews with Real Madrid CF until 2022

It looks like Real Madrid's technical team have been busy these past couple of weeks because after Marcelo and Isco's contract renewals until 2022, now Dani Carvajal has done likewise.  His buy-out clause is set to go upto €500m from €150m and a considerable wage raise for the best Real Madrid player overall last season.  Dani Carvajal has been basic to anything Zidane has set out and Ancelotti before him...  When he was brought back from Bayer Leverkusen where he was on loan and had just been voted the Bundesliga's best right-back of the season, he was initially questioned by the president of Real Madrid, Florentino Pérez.  Even though his first season back at Madrid had been very good, it didn't stop the president from forking out €40m on Danilo from FC Porto...  Carvajal never let Danilo get a look in apart from when Carvajal was injured...  Even then Danilo was so terrible, that in the end he was sold for a decent amount to Manchester City this summer.

A good reward for a player that more than merits this new deal.

Kepa has only just broken into Athletic's first team, and they aren't a club that are known to lose players they want to keep very often, especially not on a free. So I'm surprised they hadn't tied him up to a big contract a lot sooner as to prevent losing him to Real Madrid or any other potential suitor. It's not often they make mistakes like this.