football forum

27 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I SAW HIM 1ST ON THE FIFAZZZ!!!11 :ph34r:

Don't mean to go off topic, but I had a solid Bilbao team. xD

Griezmannn

Muniain

Herrera----DeMarcos

Iturraspe

Ibai Gomez---------------------------------------------------------------------Azpilicueta

Inigo Martinez-----Laporte-----Javi Martinez

Kepa

Real Madrid obviously have some sensitive issues like the fact there's now no diversity in attack due to the sale of Álvaro Morata...  He didn't want to play second fiddle anymore.  Cristiano Ronaldo needs a companion that does his work for him up front and that's been Karim Benzema for a number of years now especially since Cristiano himself has taken the position of the pure 9 up front.  Benzema plays off him by creating gaps in defences and also providing many interchanges in the attacking position for the Real Madrid number 7.

There are also issues in defence with so many injuries although the only player out yesterday against Betis through injury was Benzema, so there's no excuse for yesterday in that sense.

Before the two legged tie against Barcelona in the Supercopa de España, Real Madrid had been part of a very indifferent pre-season with a number of negative results.  The Madrid based press was asking many questions at that time but then came that demolition job on Barça and all the questions were forgotten and left as mere anecdotes of what can sometimes happen in pre-season.

On the positive side that can and will be spoken about is the fact there hasn't exactly been a lack of chances created in the three negative results at home (Valencia, Levante and Real Betis) because a multitude of chances were created but the lack of effectivity (return to my first paragraph) has had a big part to play.  But then again lets not forget the amount of chances Real have been giving their opponents too!

It will be curious to see how all of this is combined with the Champions League because the start to the season is very important not only to get a foothold on what's to come and not let rivals get too far ahead...  But because the games come thick and fast and you can suddenly find yourself in a footballing depression that can cause a crisis.

All the same...  Real Madrid have a very special team in some sections of the pitch with very talented young players.  I have no doubt that they'll soon go on a run of positive results that will lift their confidence.  But it's also about what other competitive sides around them in all competitions do also.

1 hour ago, True Bender said:

It happens countless times but it doesn't get the same publicity as other club players doing it.  He's a serial diver!

But diving isn't a massive issue for me if it were to be punished retrospectively...  My problem is when people like him get up and go mental because they feel they've been fouled.  I don't doubt for a single moment he actually felt he got elbowed in the eyeball and got a brain haemorrhage the referee didn't see.

14 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It happens countless times but it doesn't get the same publicity as other club players doing it.  He's a serial diver!

But diving isn't a massive issue for me if it were to be punished retrospectively...  My problem is when people like him get up and go mental because they feel they've been fouled.  I don't doubt for a single moment he actually felt he got elbowed in the eyeball and got a brain haemorrhage the referee didn't see.

He's the worst diver in the game by a margin. Some players, such as Busquets have a terrible reputation due to 1 or 2 moments in their younger days, but this man has been at it in nearly every game he's played in for over a decade. He actually made diving more popular than it's ever been in the sport, as despite it always being part of the game, it's the past decade or so when it's been taken to another level and he was one of those who took it to this level. He was obviously much worse in his younger days, but it'll never completely disappear from his game and he'll never grow up in this respect.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

6 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

He's the worst diver in the game by a margin. Some players, such as Busquets have a terrible reputation due to 1 or 2 moments in their younger days, but this man has been at it in nearly every game he's played in for over a decade. He actually made diving more popular than it's ever been in the sport, as despite it always being part of the game, it's the past decade or so when it's been taken to another level and he was one of those who took it to this level for me. He was obviously much worse in his younger days, but it'll never completely disappear from his game and he'll never grow up in this respect.

I don't want to go too deep into this because it gets interpreted all sorts of ways that I'm not searching for and where I'm not going with it.  But the reason I came out with it is because he doesn't seem to be part of the banter when references are made about divers...  Yes it's true that in any given game where he does one of these absolutely ridiculous dives, comments are made in reference of what he's done.  But he isn't one that's targeted either by the media or football fans in general.

Take for example the tax evasion issue he's involved in now...  A tax issue that goes far and beyond what Messi allegedly committed.  I'm not justifying Messi with this at all and as far as I'm concerned all tax evaders no matter who they are should get done royally!  But where I'm going is that he's nowhere near getting the bad press Messi got, he's not getting all the 500+ posts in reference to this in the manner Messi got when his was news back in the day.  I remember, because I was already part of TFF back then.  It's hardly mentioned and there's even been news updates in recent weeks to how far he or those that work for him went in evading tax.

Do you see where I'm going?  You've more or less touched on what I'm going on about by comparing the diving situation to that of the banter Busquets gets.

Anyway...  The only reason I said what I said is because in that mini video, that dive is absolutely ridiculous and almost on the verge of being Monty Python-esque.  It doesn't stop there with him because it's then those strops and gestures he makes like he's been robbed of a genuine foul.  Maybe in fairness he's mental and he actually does believe he's been fouled when he does that and if that's the case, then he has a a reason to be aggrieved! xDO.o

skysports-marco-asensio-real-madrid-span

Official: Marco Asensio renews with Real Madrid until 2023

It was meant to be announced last week but negotiations on the contract nobody ever doubted Marco Asensio would be signing was ongoing with only one sticking point, the buy-out clause.  Real Madrid wanted €1b and the player and agent wanted €500m.  In the end a consensus was achieved and the buy-out clause has been set at €700m which is a sure guard against any Arabic intervention one would say.  €500m would've been enough to be honest as we then have to add the almost 50% tax on top of that which comes to ridiculous sums of money.

Anyway...  The important thing is that Real Madrid CF have insured that their most treasured asset will be playing in their all white strip until at least 2023 which is one year more than all the recent contract renewals which have been made until 2022.  Asensio's immediate future is set and now has a major superstar contract that's presently only superseded by Cristiano Ronaldo at the club.

Edited by SirBalon

856370080_20171001223236-kPZB-U431889691

Real Madrid secure their future

With Sergio Ramos rumoured to have agreed his new improved and extended deal while he's been on international duty (he'll apparently sign on his return to Madrid) and all the recent renewals this past month, Real Madrid have assured they have the foundations for a very successful side for many years to come.

Since the start of the season Real Madrid have renewed the contracts of; Marcelo (2022), Isco (2022), Karim Benzema (2021), Dani Carvajal (2021), Marcos Llorente (2021), Raphael Varane (2022) and Marco Asensio (2023).  Let's not forget that Zinedine Zidane himself renewed a few weeks back until 2020.

This is how the Real Madrid squad and their contracts look;

Achraf Hakimi (2018)

Luca Zidane (2018)

Luka Modrić (2020)

Kiko Casilla (2020)

Keylor Navas (2020)

Nacho (2020)

Sergio Ramos (2021)

Dani Carvajal (2021)

Karim Benzema 2021)

Marcos Llorente (2021)

Lucas Vázquez (2021)

Mateo Kovacić (2021)

Casemiro (2021)

Jesús Vallejo (2021)

Borja Mayoral (2021)

Cristiano Ronaldo (2021)

Marcelo (2022)

Isco (2022)

Raphael Varane (2022)

Gareth Bale (2022)

Toni Kroos (2022)

Marco Asensio (2023)

Theo Hernández (2023)

Dani Ceballos (2023)

• 3 weeks later...

img_jagsirvent_20170502-210314_imagenes_

Morata regrets having been forced to return to Real Madrid from Juventus

Álvaro Morata doesn't miss his time at Real Madrid at all.  The Spanish striker has opened a new chapter in his footballing career in the English Premier League by becoming a player of reference for his club Chelsea and having scored 7 goals in 12 games already this season.  In an interview two days ago for the Italian sports newspaper, La Gazzetta Dello Sport, the Real Madrid academy alumni talks about many things but what sticks out is when wide eyed he relives the treatment he was given on his return to Real Madrid from Juventus two summers ago.

"There were contractual agreements that everyone was obliged to respect and that neither Juventus or I thought would be executed.  The disappointment was massive:  I found myself returning to the start of my footballing career in more ways than one.  I walked back in through the door at Real Madrid and right from the word go I was again being treated like a youth player in exactly the same manner as before my two seasons in Series 'A' playing for Juventus.  Not only did I feel personally disrespected, but I also felt that a legendary club like Juventus was being looked upon like a Spanish 'B' team somewhere in Spain's lower divisions."

"I arrived in Italy as a child and returned to Real Madrid a real footballer.  Had I ever been given the choice, had they ever asked me that summer when they forced me to return from Juventus to Real Madrid, I'd have said no!  I would never have left Italy and I would never have left Juventus.  My wife who is Italian wants to live in Spain, but I who am Spanish, I want to live in Italy."

"I chose Chelsea because Antonio Conte was there.  I had already been talking to Antonio during the season of my return to Real Madrid...  Three or four times a week we would make each other phone calls and there were also three personal meetings during the season between us, one in Spain and two in Italy.  He told me he would be telling the Chelsea board that he wanted me for this season and that I should stay strong because not everything a coach wants ends up coming to fruition.  There were moments where I thought I was going to end up staying in my personal nightmare at Real Madrid because all the news coming from England was that Antonio Conte was finding it difficult to convince his board to make a serious bid for me.  It was only when I read that Chelsea were apparently seriously going for Lukaku that I broke my promise to Conte in that I shouldn't get in contact with him until he called me and I made a FaceTime call which he accepted.  He took the call knowing full well what I was going to ask him and why I'd called and he smiled telling me to sit tight and that neither I myself or him were going to be manipulated by anyone.  That put me at ease and I finally breathed deep clean air for the first time in my footballing career with the knowledge that I was going to be a real footballer for a big club and a great manager with no contract agreements to be afraid of.  Few people can really understand how great a coach is Antonio Conte, but that will be a story for many years to come, not now."

@Cicero

@True Blue

@carefreeluke

@Spike

@Bluewolf

Edited by SirBalon
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Morata certainly seems badly missed so far for Madrid 

That's the general consensus from every single Madrid based sports journalist.  They say that he is the one who's missed the most and they're placing a big part of the blame on Zidane and some elections he's made.

Just now, SirBalon said:

That's the general consensus from every single Madrid based sports journalist.  They say that he is the one who's missed the most and they're placing a big part of the blame on Zidane and some elections he's made.

You only have to look at the amount of late goals he gave them last year. To me it was the difference from winning the title to not. think he had 2nd most goals for them after Ronaldo?

4 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

You only have to look at the amount of late goals he gave them last year. To me it was the difference from winning the title to not. think he had 2nd most goals for them after Ronaldo?

Well he was the overall second top scorer for Real Madrid last season after Cristiano Ronaldo.  He continued to be treated like a youth player getting minutes when Zidane thought something needed to be changed.

Infact a lot can be read into a spat both Lineker and Zidane have had over the past week.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Well he was the overall second top scorer for Real Madrid last season after Cristiano Ronaldo.  He continued to be treated like a youth player getting minutes when Zidane thought something needed to be changed.

Infact a lot can be read into a spat both Lineker and Zidane have had over the past week.

Don't know about you but I personally would of choose morata over benzema without question. I know he does other things and he can hold the ball up well but think he would of been the better option going forward

Just now, Pep Talk said:

Don't know about you but I personally would of choose morata over benzema without question. I know he's Algerian does other things and he can hold the ball up well but think he would of been the better option going forward

I've corrected that for you mate...  There's the reason on that one and the cover for Carvajal (Real Madrid's official best player last season) is another issue Real Madrid are suffering from this season with the cover they have now.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

the super "subs"   Morata and James.   those two were instrumental last season.

the board maybe perhaps was too engrossed with the term BBC that they're not willing to offload Bale.   I was hoping that they would have sold Bale and kept Morata.   Look at Bale now, when he's fit, yeah he is good, but he's like a clay toy, too fragile.

Very pleased with him so far, even tough he is very different from Costa in every way personal and as a player. In some perfect world i would kept them both if Costa wasn't a maniac, i would play him against physical teams and Morata against teams where he wouldn't wrestle them all game long. I feel Morata also adapted pretty well, much faster than i expected he would. He scored 6 and assisted three in nine games which is more than good.

Edited by True Blue