talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Yerry Mina - Signs for Everton

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the latest official statement from FC Barcelona regarding Yerry Mina's future...

"We are making this statement due to fabricated speculation surrounding one of our players (Yerry Mina) and his future.  He is a player we value and that we want the best for him and his future.  With this we also want to add that the ONLY football club we have officially been negotiating with during these past two weeks has been Everton FC and not other.  Any speculation surrounding Manchester United has been done behind our backs and without our knowledge so we cannot comment and if they want to make their interest official they'll have to negotiate with us seeing as Yerry is under full contract with FCB.  So as things stand we will continue to finalise any deal with Everton FC and no other."

Spanish sports daily, SPORT are stating that the deal between Barcelona and Everton for the transfer of Yerry Mina is done at €32m for 5 years.

The only thing being done at this moment in time before it’s all processed is the time for the medical and where it will be done.

The signing should be made public very soon. 

So the saga thickens...

The agreement between Yerry Mina’s agent and himself with Everton was done and dusted 100%... Barcelona were in the process of finishing all the relevant paperwork with lawyers and everything else that goes with a transfer...

And suddenly...

Manchester United officially contact FC Barcelona for the first time this summer regarding a formal offer for the Colombian defender. They apparently haven’t offered Mina a better personal deal but have allegedly risen the stakes in terms of the transfer fee.

It’s 72 hours before the transfer window closes where the Premier League is concerned and United have put the cat in amongst the pigeons. 

• Subscriber

United trying to unsettle us in the battle for 6th and 7th? :ph34r:

This one has looked more trouble than it's worth for the last two weeks if not more.

Tell the cunt there's a place for him at Everton where he'll play every week. If that's not enough to him find someone else.

Everton and Manchester United target Yerry Mina missed Barcelona training this morning, reporter Vinny O'Connor has just confirmed to Sky Sports News.

The Colombian defender, who scored three goals from centre-back at the World Cup, is being chased by both clubs - so his absence will increase speculation over his future even more.

• The title was changed to Yerry Mina - To Move to Everton or Man Utd?
11 hours ago, Danny said:

Hope United sign him as it means they won't need Maguire

For the sake of his career, Everton would be a much better move. A very talented lad and seems like a top notch character who you'd want to be around in a dressing room, but going to United won't work for him under Mourinho, it just won't I don't think. At Everton, he would be guaranteed a place and would be able to get away with making more errors, which he will inevitably make at first while still adapting.

52 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The news I'm hearing from Spain isn't that United didn't want to pay the agent fees.  The news is that Man Utd matched what Everton offered on all personal terms (that also includes agents fees) but were offering Barcelona more in terms of a transfer fee.  But Mina insisted on the Everton choice after speaking to various teammates at Barça.  That's what swayed it and if I were an Everton fan I'd be happy with that as it means you're getting a player that really wants to go to play for your club.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The news I'm hearing from Spain isn't that United didn't want to pay the agent fees.  The news is that Man Utd matched what Everton offered on all personal terms (that also includes agents fees) but were offering Barcelona more in terms of a transfer fee.  But Mina insisted on the Everton choice after speaking to various teammates at Barça.  That's what swayed it and if I were an Everton fan I'd be happy with that as it means you're getting a player that really wants to go to play for your club.

That does sound good for us. However I didn't want to argue too much against the Ed Woodward part because if that's the line that gets played in the UK it could be another step down the Mourinho meltdown route which I think we all want to see.

25 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

That does sound good for us. However I didn't want to argue too much against the Ed Woodward part because if that's the line that gets played in the UK it could be another step down the Mourinho meltdown route which I think we all want to see.

As you well know, clubs give their own version of events like when they don't disclose the amount on a transfer fee and you get a disparity of amounts coming from the selling and the buying club with thei purchaser always saying they paid less.  That as an example...

But because in this case Barcelona and especially the Spanish press are neutrals in the finer details of what's been ocurring I trust what they're saying especially when Barça have given into receiving less money and the possible grumbles coming from their members.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It sounds like if he's going anywhere it's going to be Everton. That would complete a good window for them if they can land Mina and Bernard.

It could be misleading, but the very latest is that Man Utd may have upped even further the transfer fee...  Further listening to another journalist I understood that Mina hasn't personally entertained Manchester United at all during the whole transfer situation surrounding him but that Man Utd have been making this transfer stutter with adding the odd million here and there.

United are finding it rather difficult to sign top names this summer with Kovačić for example making it plainly clear that under no circumstances would he move to the Manchester club because he didn't want to play for Mourinho.  In my personal opinion the consistent signing of players (100s of millions spent) every summer that haven't worked for Manchester United under Mourinho has now made players hesitant with the added factor of Paul Pogba (a very expensive Mou signing) searching to leave...

• Subscriber

I'm optimistic about this one. Sounds like he has his pros and cons but unless you go into the £40m+ price bracket you won't get guaranteed top 6-7 ability.

This price seems about right for his age and the potential he has. Now it is down to Marco Silva to mentor him into a good Premier League centre half.

What's most encouraging is that he's been our top target all summer for our weakest position in the first eleven, and we've got him. Have to trust Brands and Silva that he's the best man for the job. He certainly can't be worse than Williams or Keane.

Archived