Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Saturday 12th August - Wolves 2-2 Everton

Kick-off 17.30 - Live on BT Sport

Venue - Molineux

vulver.jpg?itok=A_37TA8cVS  220px-Everton_FC_logo.svg.png

Head to Head
Wolves 0-0 Everton
Everton 2-1 Wolves
Wolves 0-3 Everton
Everton 1-1 Wolves
Wolves 0-0 Everton

Despite the positivity of deadline day I haven't changed my mind about this one. I think Wolves will win, and I'd take a draw. 

They'll be bouncing with their first game of the season and we'll have Keane and Jagielka at centre back who are already gash but now know that they're only placeholders until Mina, Holgate and Zouma are match ready.

I would love it if we won, and I'd especially love it it Richarlison scored on his debut but I think we'll suffer 90 more minutes of this weird limbo Everton who are pretty shit before we regroup and start to bed our signings into the side with Southampton at home next weekend.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just read that Rui Patricio is wearing the number 11 shirt. What the fuck?!

Apparently they've effectively retired the number 1 shirt which will always belong to Carl Ikeme according to the manager.

Jagielka and Keane today have their last chance to prove that they can still fight for a place in this team over the coming season. Those two starting is enough to convince me that we aren't winning this. Hopefully I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Just read that Rui Patricio is wearing the number 11 shirt. What the fuck?!

They haven't got a player wearing number one, they've got Patricio with 11, someone else with 21 and someone else with 31. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH GET ABSOLUTELY FUCKED.

#WhatAWasteOfMoney

On one hand, I’m disappointed that I’ll be out first week of last man standing. On the other, I’m glad the hype of Wolves pissing the league and finishing top 8 will be well and truly ended.

Red card? Fuck off he got the ball first. Can't have Everton ruining Wolves' title challenge on the first day though can we?

• Haha 1

Of course he did... Every Ruben Neves goal is a banger.

At least when Wolves take the lead from a Keane or Schneiderlin fuck up my over 2.5 goals and both teams to score comes in.

Can't believe we paid £75m for this lad and he's only scored two goals in his first game. Shite.

GET. THE. FUCK. IN.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Can't believe we paid £75m for this lad and he's only scored two goals in his first game. Shite.

GET. THE. FUCK. IN.

Does he improve you though? 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Can't even be arsed. So comfortable and you just know we're going to lose now, 3-1. You heard it here first. 

Catch AIDS. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WHAT A WASTE OF £££££££££

But I was under the impression that you were going to fall apart in the second half???  

• Haha 1

Was just thinking we can't sit back like this for another 15 minutes.

Shame as Keane and Holgate have been class.

Good game that. After the red card I thought we'd have one way traffic but it wasn't the case. Neves is going to get much better with time and what a cross for the header in the box leading to the equalizer. 

Frustrated, but very optimistic following that. 

This is all I could think off from your earlier post... 

Image result for game over man gif

• Haha 1

Draw would have been alright before kick off so under the circumstances can't complain although it is frustrating to have lost the lead twice.

Can't fault any of our players performances with Richarlison and Keane the stand outs. 

Wolves are absolutely bang average outside of Neves. How they can sign so many players and end up with that defence is a mystery. Patricio is a good goalkeeper but that back line I saw on the teamsheets and instantly felt better about our chances. I assumed they'd have some decent defenders the way all the pundits have been going on this summer but once again, I don't know why I put any stock by what those village idiots have to say.

If you can't beat last season's Everton team (plus Richarlison but apparently he's shite anyway) who won about 2 games away from home all season and played more than half the game with ten men and Holgate who isn't even fit playing the rest of the game at centre back, then you can forget about your rampage to 7th place. It's only one game today but I've seen nothing there to distinguish them from any other side that have come up recently, only Ruben Neves.

Still not convinced about the red card and replays now showing that Neves took the free kick from five yards closer to goal than the actual location of the foul so Wolves can't argue they didn't get any luck on their cup final day (and that's not because it's us, it's the same with any newly promoted side in their first home game).

I'm happy with our guts and some of our play out there though. Plenty to be positive about with Mina, Bernard and Gomes to join the fray as well. Keane and Schneiderlin will be like (cliche alert) new signings as well if they can play like they did today which was a major departure from their performances last season.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Wolves are absolutely bang average outside of Neves. How they can sign so many players and end up with that defence is a mystery. Patricio is a good goalkeeper but that back line I saw on the teamsheets and instantly felt better about our chances. I assumed they'd have some decent defenders the way all the pundits have been going on this summer but once again, I don't know why I put any stock by what those village idiots have to say.

I was also expecting more from Wolves tbh. Especially when they were gifted the red card to allow the game to turn in their favor. If you get a team that is a man down and you can't punish them then there's a lot to be said about what your attacking strength is going to be considering this same team scored a lot of goals last season too. It could also be attributed to you'll having a better day defensively but I dont buy that considering every time they got the ball the first option was to shoot from outside the box or recycle it to the wings and lob in a cross that 9.5/10 times never found its target leaving out the cross that resulted in a goal.

As for Richarlison, the guy is following the same trend he had last year where he was on fire in the first half of the season and then just dropped off as the second half came around. Still, that second goal was great and I think he's going to be a good signing for you'll because he offers so much more than just goals.

I've got to be honest, I'm quite glad both Wolves and Fulham both failed to win home games today. I feel both teams have become proper flavour of the month and over-rated. I expect us to beat Wolves next week.

• Upvote 1