talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2017 - General Chat

football forum

• Administrator

No replays.

Extended highlights.

Split screen. Left half is overview. Right half is [club] stats so I can keep an eye on fitness and match rating.

Don't do the assistant instructions, either. It overlaps on the stats and just annoys me xD.

I don't do press interviews because they take too long and delays me. I let my assistant to all the interviews and pre-match tunnel interviews. I'll do team talks but sometimes choose the option for my assistant to do one. 

I'll give bollockings to players though if they play shit. And praise them of course if warranted. 

Friendlies, contracts and transfers are all me as well. 

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I've got the same problem with Bennacer. Tidy player but the bloke's got 15 bookings by January. They need to tweak the algebra a bit here because that's an absolutely stupid number, he isn't even overly aggressive.

I think a BWM is good as a CM when there are others covering. I think it's risky to have it as your most defensive midfielder because you're surely inviting the opposition to open you up if you're getting your deepest midfielder leaving their position. I actually see it as quite an attacking role.

I'd never play a BWM as a CDM. Always CM for me.

Yeah I see BMW as a good option for teams that want to win the ball back quickly and break but he closes down offensive players too much to be a solid shield in front of the defense. Defensive Midfielder with the defend duty has been the best for me if I want to sit back or shore up my defense. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Takyon said:

Yeah I see BMW as a good option for teams that want to win the ball back quickly and break but he closes down offensive players too much to be a solid shield in front of the defense. Defensive Midfielder with the defend duty has been the best for me if I want to sit back or shore up my defense. 

apparently they have good engines :ph34r: 

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

@Dan also let it slip over PM's that he reloads his save if he loses a big game. 

Shameful.

On FM06 I used to only ever pick Leicester, and Leicester were seriously dog shit - I was also only 12 years old, so my tactical knowledge was limited if I'm being generous.

One year, I started the game so that the save started in March 2017, and Leicester were in the play-offs. I finished in there, and miraculously got to the final to play Crystal Palace. Crystal Palace were stupidly good on the game, they had the best team in the league by a mile.

I kid you not, I think I replayed the game about 20 times before eventually giving up and just accepting a second season in the Championship xD I just could not get Leicester promoted.

• Administrator
Just now, Tsubasa said:

Did your captain ever help you to resolve an issue with an unhappy player? Every time I ask my captain to intervene it comes back with "unable to resolve..". 

yeah it has for me.

Not sure if there's any science or detail behind it, but I've had some luck with it on occasion. 

Since 3D came out I would use that and that alone. Since the start of my latest season with Benfica, I've switched to the 2D classic, purely because I think you get a much better representation of how your tactic works doing it this way, which I needed. Goal replays in 3D though.

Key highlights for majority of the games. Extended for big games. Comprehensive (for a bit) if there aren't any highlights in the first half to get an understanding of what's going on.

My screen layout is similar to Cannabis, except I have the Match Stats down all the left and load up a lot of the stats. On right is the table and underneath the opposition formation (so I can react if they overload in an area or drop deep and shut up shop).

As for staff responsibilities; my assistant does all press conferences, couldn't think of something more tedious. I'll do team and individual training.

I feel to try and use my Director of Football some more, particularly with high profile signings to see if they can get a better deal than I would, as well as contract negotiations for existing squad to see if they can get my better players on less wages than I could have.

• Subscriber

I definitely think there needs to be an attribute for level of negotiation skills from a DoF. As it is now I don't really see how big a difference it makes having one DoF over another.

I'm surprised none of you do press interviews. Since an Assistant Manager did a press interview for me back on fm'09 where he said we didn't have a chance of winning despite being on a winning streak and it bollocked up my whole season I've never been able to trust them.

As I'm sure Dan will tell you, I'm an excellent regen hunter. When I get home I'll post a guide for finding regens.

Aside from the big nations, where do you hunt for regens?

My personal favorites are Peru, Colombia, Czech Republic, Japan, Costa Rica and Ghana.

• Administrator

France. Stade Rennais produced loads of gems in the last version and still seems to be the case this season too. 

England is decent, too. Improved compared to previous years. 

I don't know what it is but on every save there's always at least 1 world class Bolivian player. Very hard to find at first but get looking for the youngest Bolivian player on the NT and he's usually quality. This is near the start anyways.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

Archived