talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

Quite a bit of news about the stadium today. Main bits suggesting stadium will be 450 million, which is up but to be expected, consultation take 1 year and build take about 3 years. 

Dan Meiss, the architect, seems really confident so it seems to be a likely to get underway soon. This could be a such a great thing for Everton but more importantly, Liverpool as a city, very exciting.

in other news, joe anderson is a fat, dodgy embarrassment who only damages the city.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

The tax payers are paying for it anyway so shouldn’t hinder Everton too much :ph34r:

Think of it as mandatory charity for the less fortunate.

Honestly though, what a disgrace. Especially as they've got a supposed billionaire owner - no reason for the taxpayers to be funding this. Food banks at every side of Stanley park when there's a game on, growing homeless population, but yeah let's spend millions of tax money on a waterfront stadium.

2 hours ago, HK85 said:

Fat Joe will do anything to get his name in the papers. 

He's a total mug - did you hear he referred Barkley to the police for his transfer lol. I didn't click on the story, so I don't know if that's just a sensational headline... but it's a funny fucking headline.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Think of it as mandatory charity for the less fortunate.

Honestly though, what a disgrace. Especially as they've got a supposed billionaire owner - no reason for the taxpayers to be funding this. Food banks at every side of Stanley park when there's a game on, growing homeless population, but yeah let's spend millions of tax money on a waterfront stadium.

He's a total mug - did you hear he referred Barkley to the police for his transfer lol. I didn't click on the story, so I don't know if that's just a sensational headline... but it's a funny fucking headline.

The council will receive money every year from the stadium so them paying 2/3 of the cost of construction isn't free. 

The letter is a funny read. Arguing collusion and fraud. His agent made £7 million by pulling him out of the summer deal and letting him sit at Everton. Just how it goes. 

Just now, HK85 said:

The council will receive money every year from the stadium so them paying 2/3 of the cost of construction isn't free. 

The letter is a funny read. Arguing collusion and fraud. His agent made £7 million by pulling him out of the summer deal and letting him sit at Everton. Just how it goes. 

I suppose if the council's paid back over time, it'll likely make money for the city over time. And if it does in fact bring in regeneration to the northern docks that's great for the city as well. But all said and done, it seems odd considering Everton've got billionaire owners. I'm never a fan of giving handouts to billionaires - but if the city does in fact make money off this in the long run, it's alright.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I suppose if the council's paid back over time, it'll likely make money for the city over time. And if it does in fact bring in regeneration to the northern docks that's great for the city as well. But all said and done, it seems odd considering Everton've got billionaire owners. I'm never a fan of giving handouts to billionaires - but if the city does in fact make money off this in the long run, it's alright.

It’s alright if you’re Everton. An interest free loan whilst the rest have to generate their own money?

Cant be bad :coffee:

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It’s alright if you’re Everton. An interest free loan whilst the rest have to generate their own money?

Cant be bad :coffee:

I seem to remember we were told we would have to pay for regenerating the area around Anfield before we could expand our stadium. And then our club acted in a totally cunty way and bought up houses at Anfield, left them unoccupied and in a terrible state in order to drive down the house prices so they could get the rest of the land to extend things.

So I guess one thing is clear: neither the city council, nor the owners of football clubs really give a fuck about the working class people that support their fucking clubs. Sad but true.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just the one billionaire here. Well, one that puts his money into the club and even then in terms of PL owners he's middle of the pack. Stoke and Leicester's have more wealth than our one. Think even Ellis Short was as well in the table I seen last season. 

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Every day I become more and more convinced that Everton are just the West Ham of the North

It's the Reds that are the Tory club, brother. 

2 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Just the one billionaire here. Well, one that puts his money into the club and even then in terms of PL owners he's middle of the pack. Stoke and Leicester's have more wealth than our one. Think even Ellis Short was as well in the table I seen last season. 

It's the Reds that are the Tory club, brother. 

None of my LFC supporting friends are tories, and only 1 Evertonian I know is a Tory - my cunty cousin. Don't know if that's because I don't know many tories lol, or if we don't have too many of those generally in and around Merseyside. It feels like the latter, but idk.

I thought that Persian bloke (forget his name) that's running Everton was the head of a consortium looking to purchase the club? May be totally wrong though - you'd know better though because it's your club lol.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

• Subscriber

Usmanov is somehow involved and he has the sponsorship rights to the training ground. As long as he is so involved with Arsenal there's obviously a conflict of interests which prevents him from getting on board with us though it has been rumoured more than once that that door is open to him.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

None of my LFC supporting friends are tories, and only 1 Evertonian I know is a Tory - my cunty cousin. Don't know if that's because I don't know many tories lol, or if we don't have too many of those generally in and around Merseyside. It feels like the latter, but idk.

I thought that Persian bloke (forget his name) that's running Everton was the head of a consortium looking to purchase the club? May be totally wrong though - you'd know better though because it's your club lol.

The ground was nearly full with them on Friday. The Brighton Kop boys turning their noses up at food banks and calling Everton fans Scouse cunts. 

Moshiri it is, already here. Only majority shareholder though, 49.9%. He knows some people with a lot more money though (who are dodgy characters) so maybe that's why he's holding back on buying more shares. 

Edited by HK85

50 minutes ago, HK85 said:

The ground was nearly full with them on Friday. The Brighton Kop boys turning their noses up at food banks and calling Everton fans Scouse cunts. 

Moshiri it is, already here. Only majority shareholder though, 49.9%. He knows some people with a lot more money though (who are dodgy characters) so maybe that's why he's holding back on buying more shares. 

Lol Liverpool fans not from Merseyside calling Evertonians Scouse cunts must be the stupidest fucking cunts amongst our support lol. That's fucking ridiculous.

I'm sure Moshiri knows some dodgy cunts, as he's been involved with Usmanov's USM Holdings, Metalloinvest, MegaFon... and Russian oligarchs are about as dodgy as "legitimate" businessmen come. I've just looked him up on Wikipedia - his wife is a pretty big deal amongst the English-Persian community. Not saying Moshiri is a dodgy cunt though purely because of some of his investments - USM Holdings has a shitload of worldwide investments - and between Moshiri and Usmanov, it looks like there've been a lot of philanthropic donations in the last 20 odd years.

If the council's going to be paid back and this ends up providing much needed revitalisation of the northern docks, then I've actually got no problems with this... although I do feel like billionaires should be throwing their own money in for their own stadiums (but that's a personal and political opinion). For pretty much all of my life, that area's been a shithole. And I imagine they've only gotten worse.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Kopites abroad really are the gift that keep on giving xD so much AIDS its untrue.

Don’t even start you. First time Everton get into Europe and what happened? I’ll tell you what happened shall I? You got shat on from a great height by doctors and travel agents playing part time football, that’s what :rofl: