The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-0 Everton - Sunday 23rd September

football forum

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

A worse start than last season for Everton despite having a much easier start than Koeman's side :eek:

Last season we ended up with Allardyce as manager playing the worst football in the league. Let us hope that this season continues to contrast with the last one. :whistling:

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Dont get that. I go to arsenal by myself all the time

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There was no Dutch men with Arsenal belly tops... He didn't go. :(

This explains why there's so many empty seats. No one wants to sit near that. 

16 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

If we never hear from @Panna Kingagain we know why.  He is stood by the Dennis berkamp statue waiting for @SirBalon with a broken heart 

Haha xD

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

He didn't get back to me. Probably he didn't go today.

No sorry I couldnt go in the end but will go to the Watford game if you are going? 

It's quite sad to see how far away Arsenal have drifted. I know they won but I thought it was a pretty sub par performance. 

They were pretty fortunate that they were not playing a team with real cutting edge, or you could see them getting a pasting at home. Dread to think what will happen to them when City or Liverpool rock up there. But I guess a win's a win. I just exoect so much more from them and that standard isn't there.

Everton should be disappointed, points dropped there. They had Arsenal there for the taking but with the greatest respect, pretty toothless. Cech made some decent saves but you never seemed convinced they would score.

Maybe I don't know the full story but if Everton are as wasteful as that, why does Lookman not get a chance? Surely you'd give the kid a go.

2 hours ago, Panna King said:

Haha xD

No sorry I couldnt go in the end but will go to the Watford game if you are going? 

I'll have to wait and see mate because as I said at the start of this thread, I sold my season ticket to a friend from work for two seasons so I go when he he goes abroad which is quite often.

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I'll have to wait and see mate because as I said at the start of this thread, I sold my season ticket to a friend from work for two seasons so I go when he he goes abroad which is quite often.

Next time I go to arsenal we can meet up. If it's  a twelve o clock  kickoff and we meet after the match  at  about 3 and I ask you the way to the toilets the conversation should be done by 10 xD

30 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's quite sad to see how far away Arsenal have drifted. I know they won but I thought it was a pretty sub par performance. 

They were pretty fortunate that they were not playing a team with real cutting edge, or you could see them getting a pasting at home. Dread to think what will happen to them when City or Liverpool rock up there. But I guess a win's a win. I just exoect so much more from them and that standard isn't there.

Everton should be disappointed, points dropped there. They had Arsenal there for the taking but with the greatest respect, pretty toothless. Cech made some decent saves but you never seemed convinced they would score.

Maybe I don't know the full story but if Everton are as wasteful as that, why does Lookman not get a chance? Surely you'd give the kid a go.

City have already played and Won 0-2 at Arsenal.   Arsenal need an organised defence and full backs who know how to defend.   Also no width in attack as playing Ozil is pointless he is too weak in the centre and when out wide he drifts in all the time.   Its work in progress for Emery to build a balanced team from the mess he was left.

25 minutes ago, Lucas said:

We were very lucky indeed especially in the first half. Sometimes it's not about cutting edge why you fail to score goals because how many times do we see the best sides on the continent have chance after chance and on that day coupled with a good goalkeeping performance you just can't put it in the back of the net.

We've won five on the trot now in all competitions and in a few of them it could've been a different story...  The main thing from our perspective is to tot up those points as much as possible during this more than just erratic period.  We don't look stable and the team is partitioned from midfield to defence.

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Next time I go to arsenal we can meet up. If it's  a twelve o clock  kickoff and we meet after the match  at  about 3 and I ask you the way to the toilets the conversation should be done by 10 xD

I'll wait for you in the toilets then. :banana:

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Lucas said:

why does Lookman not get a chance? Surely you'd give the kid a go.

Because his attitude has been poor for much of pre season by all accounts but Silva and Brands have made a big deal about him not being for sale at any price and they want to make him a big part of the club's future so they're gradually trying to get him in. He's had two sub appearances and not really made an impact though it would be harsh to hold that against him.

Basically at this stage you've got Walcott on one side who has two goals to his name this season and at least one assist, and you've got Richarlison on the other side who has been our best attacking player.

When Richarlison was suspended, Lookman may have had a chance, but Calvert-Lewin got the nod ahead of him for the Rotherham game and scored twice then followed up with a goal against Huddersfield in the league so he has rightfully kept his place.

He's a talented and exciting player but he still gets shoved off the ball too easily when under pressure and his decision making leaves a lot to be desired in a league where the pace of the game is like the Premier League.

You'll see Lookman throughout the season I'm sure, but in the chances he's had, which have been limited due to Leipzig's unpunished public tapping up of him and his resulting poor attitude, he hasn't shown anything to earn his place ahead of Richarlison, Walcott or Calvert-Lewin as of yet.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived