talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-0 Everton - Sunday 23rd September

football forum

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty even game so far, in my opinion. Both sides look like potential 6th placers.

Problem for Arsenal is that home advantage isn't really a big advantage for them anymore. No one fears going to the Emirates. It's usually a pretty eerie, sleepy and quiet atmosphere. And it's quite detrimental to the side because that seems to transmit on the pitch.

And I think as a result, Everton fancy it. I wouldn't be surprised to see them nick it. But they are short of a bit of quality. Some great situations squandered.

• Subscriber

Looking back, Cech made a great save from Calvert-Lewin right at the start, still Dominic should have done better.

Also Gueye took a big risk with that little tug on Lacazette. Everything is a penalty these days so lucky Lacazette stayed on his feet to be honest.

Really like the look of Richarlison again. A total rough diamond but a really high ceiling for his ability, I'm looking forward to see how he comes on this season because he already looks our biggest threat week in week out.

• Administrator

Everton are becoming seriously frustrating with how they're getting in good positions after stealing the ball in Arsenal's half but doing fuck all with it. They'll rue not making the most of those good positions.

• Subscriber

2-0 but clearly offside. Can't wait for all of these decisions to level out later in the season. We'll be having parties aplenty.

Our own fault though. Fucking hell Zouma. Dont get why manager after manager keeps not playing Holgate when he's at least no worse than our other centre halves and has the most excuse to make mistakes.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, 6666 said:

It was obviously offside but it makes up for us not getting a penalty. Shit decisions evened each other out.

Not sure the penalty was quite as nailed on as that offside but I have to bear in mind that any contact in the box is an instant penalty these days so maybe you're correct.

Not a fan of managers who leave it until 70 minutes to make a change when you're two down. Bernard and Tosun should have been on 10 minutes ago.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Not sure the penalty was quite as nailed on as that offside but I have to bear in mind that any contact in the box is an instant penalty these days so maybe you're correct.

Not a fan of managers who leave it until 70 minutes to make a change when you're two down. Bernard and Tosun should have been on 10 minutes ago.

I wonder if he meant the 'hand-ball', as opposed to the pull on Lacazette.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I wonder if he meant the 'hand-ball', as opposed to the pull on Lacazette.

In that case I disagree more. That would have been a mad penalty but again, seen those given too because football is more of a soap opera than a sport these days.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

In that case I disagree more. That would have been a mad penalty but again, seen those given too because football is more of a soap opera than a sport these days.

Agreed. I don't think either were penalties for what it's worth. So I don't see how it 'evens' up the fact that Arsenal can get away with a clear offside goal.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 2-0 Everton - Sunday 23rd September
  • Subscriber

Disappointing result for us again, but nothing like the shit show of last week. We could have taken three points today but for the total lack of composure and quality in the final third. Have to say though Cech was probably man of the match today in the absence of a standout performer from either side.

We did a lot of things well that if we can replicate them and keep our heads when we create half chances like we did today there will be no problems going forward. Should be looking for a positive result against Southampton in the week ahead of at least our next three league games giving us the chance to get back on track.

Finally, we can get bashed all day for spending loads of money on one or two players to achieve nothing but the fact that the most catchable team in that top six Arsenal can put in an average performance like that but get bailed out by £50m Lacazette, £40m Ozil or £60m Aubameyang twatting in a screamer out of nothing just goes to show how much of an uphill task it is for us to consistently get anywhere near them.

Like I said last week, it's a long road ahead and hopefully our fans continue to back the manager despite the inevitable early bumps in the road.

5 wins in a row and now 4 in a row in the league. Another shocking first half performance followed up by a much better second. First goal was a super finish from Lacazette, but very lucky with the second. Everton may feel hard done by especially with Aubameyang's goal, but they only have themselves to blame for not getting anything from the game. Overall a solid win and finally a clean sheet.

Worrying performances from Ozil and Ramsey today though. Ramsey was much better in the second half and did pick-up two assists but I have been a little disappointed with him this season. Obviously it's a difficult situation for him on where he stands on his future, but I do still expect more from him. Ozil on the other hand just dropped a straight clanger, genuinely doesn't look like he gives a shit. He had a difficult summer, but he has to move on and start playing to what he's paid here.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Very lucky to get away with that and Everton missed a chance to win because they should’ve been out of sight in the first half. Thankfully Čech was on song for us this afternoon. 

You and @Panna King having a beer?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived