talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aaron Ramsey Will Leave Arsenal This Summer

I think he's still living off that 6 month spell when he scored loads and isn't actually that good, but probably still good enough for Arsenal's starting 11.

Why does this happen to every half decent arsenal player? xD

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

So who is responsible for allowing these players contracts to run down?

That's where clubs protect themselves because the finger can't be pointed at one particular individual.  It's not only at Arsenal where these things happen.  I remember when Thiago Alcántara's contract ran down at Barça and then when they tried to negotiate with him, he gave the club the middle finger and signed for Bayern Munich.

Clubs are hesitant to renew players halfway through their contracts because it means renegotiating everything and usually giving substantial wage increases... It almost makes the whole significance of a contract null and void with the only beneficial factor in it all is the time span the contract has.

The issues lie in the pay structures at each particular club because when a club goes off the rails in giving one player special treatment (i.e. Özil in the case of Arsenal), then the player that's on course to renegotiate his own deal uses that as a reference for his new deal... This is where clubs shoot themselves in the foot by not assessing things properly and always playing catch-up.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

That's where clubs protect themselves because the finger can't be pointed at one particular individual.  It's not only at Arsenal where these things happen.  I remember when Thiago Alcántara's contract ran down at Barça and then when they tried to negotiate with him, he gave the club the middle finger and signed for Bayern Munich.

Clubs are hesitant to renew players halfway through their contracts because it means renegotiating everything and usually giving substantial wage increases... It almost makes the whole significance of a contract null and void with the only beneficial factor in it all is the time span the contract has.

The issues lie in the pay structures at each particular club because when a club goes off the rails in giving one player special treatment (i.e. Özil in the case of Arsenal), then the player that's on course to renegotiate his own deal uses that as a reference for his new deal... This is where clubs shoot themselves in the foot by not assessing things properly and always playing catch-up.

I suppose you could argue like you mentioned that they don't want to renegotiate mid term and so it is an acceptable risk

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I suppose you could argue like you mentioned that they don't want to renegotiate mid term and so it is an acceptable risk

It's not an acceptable risk in reality mate for the simple reason that in the final year a player is permitted to negotiate freely with another club with the worst possible scenario of running out the contract and going for free. Also players know how much their colleagues earn and they also know how to measure their worth against that by demanding a relative pay in accordance.

This is the last failure of the Wenger and Gazidis regime regarding contracts with players,  how on earth has a player still remained at the club with under a year left on the contract who is player in his prime.   Players should be sold off if they do not want to sign a contract if they have 2 years left on their current contract due to the risk of them leaving for free the year after. We have have already seen with a number of Arsenal players, it was never addressed at any point at all throughout the leadership of Arsene Wenger and this is a club that was suppose to have praise about how well they run their club and finances.     

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

This is the last failure of the Wenger and Gazidis regime regarding contracts with players,  how on earth has a player still remained at the club with under a year left on the contract who is player in his prime.   Players should be sold off if they do not want to sign a contract if they have 2 years left on their current contract due to the risk of them leaving for free the year after. We have have already seen with a number of Arsenal players, it was never addressed at any point at all throughout the leadership of Arsene Wenger and this is a club that was suppose to have praise about how well they run their club and finances.     

I agree with you, but I also have question marks for the new team. They had a part to play in this, especially Minsiltat and Sanhelli. Gazidis and those two have been the shot callers since January and they've made some pretty poor decisions so far. In all honestly I think they've realised how badly they fucked up in January and Ramsey has unfortunately been the sacrificial lamb. When I say they fucked up January, I mean they've committed £200m into Ozil, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang who all turn 30 by the start of next season.

19 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I agree with you, but I also have question marks for the new team. They had a part to play in this, especially Minsiltat and Sanhelli. Gazidis and those two have been the shot callers since January and they've made some pretty poor decisions so far. In all honestly I think they've realised how badly they fucked up in January and Ramsey has unfortunately been the sacrificial lamb. When I say they fucked up January, I mean they've committed £200m into Ozil, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang who all turn 30 by the start of next season.

This is why I've said that the real regeneration of Arsenal as a sporting identity where a relation to the size of the club and its potential resources will need an ample amount of time to sort itself out mate.  I've been saying that for a very long time and moreso since Wenger was told to leave (coupled with the restructure of the technical board into modern football)... That argument on another thread where people have been merely looking at the names we have in our squad and sensing that everything isn't as bad as it seems with some Arsenal fans just moaning and moaning is talking for the sake of talking without knowledge of the grave situation we are in on all fronts.  A reset is required and it will take time... The hope is that in the meantime a coach like Unai Emery who has worked with shackled clubs (obviously excepting his PSG tenure) in the past and juiced out results is something that we require until this is slowly and safely sorted out.

What we don't need is anymore panic buys in the meantime.

4 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

That is probably why Gazidis is leaving in all honesty, It would of made more business sense to just let Ozil go on a free, he offers nothing at all and is actually offering less then he has ever done.   This really could cost Arsenal big time as any new big signing would want  the wages to what Ozil is on. 

11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I'm just glad you didn't point the Wenger. Raises the hypothetical question if this was a genius held back by a hierarchy he never spoke out about. How he managed to guide that Arsenal team in 2011 and 2012 to a top four finish was an unrecognised miracle. 

21 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm just glad you didn't point the Wenger. Raises the hypothetical question if this was a genius held back by a hierarchy he never spoke out about. How he managed to guide that Arsenal team in 2011 and 2012 to a top four finish was an unrecognised miracle. 

We will never ever find out what’s occurred but we can give David Dein a listen as to the prelude for what was to come mate. I don’t want to point the finger soley at one particular individual because nobody has the authentic details on all of this but I’m pretty sure he was a yes man because of how he renewed his contracts and his pre season press conferences. 

15 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Not sure what is happening really, I think everyone is accountable, especially the top guys at the club. I don't think you can say the club hasn't been supported by hierarchy as in recent years we have one of the biggest net spends and we have always had one the highest wage bills in the league. Could Kroenke give more support, absolutely but I don't think you can safely say he is terrible.

I just think a lot of our issues have come from being in an out-dated system on the technical side and not enough ruthlessness. 

This season is all about those players proving themselves, players like Iwobi, Maitland-Niles etc... Players that I personally think are fringe-player types for a club of our capabilities.  They need to prove that they can compete against the best!  Someone like Ramsey departing leaves a big hole with nothing being returned and the hole needing to be filled with equivalent of superior quality (that last bit the most important because otherwise we keep on going round in circles).

I would really love to get rid of Özil and replace him with Insigne.

18 hours ago, Panna King said:

That is probably why Gazidis is leaving in all honesty, It would of made more business sense to just let Ozil go on a free, he offers nothing at all and is actually offering less then he has ever done.   This really could cost Arsenal big time as any new big signing would want  the wages to what Ozil is on. 

How about replacing Iwobi with De Jong?

I know we have no chance because clubs like Barcelona are courting him amongst others, but wouldn't or shouldn't that have been a job we should've been doing?

47 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

How about replacing Iwobi with De Jong?

I know we have no chance because clubs like Barcelona are courting him amongst others, but wouldn't or shouldn't that have been a job we should've been doing?

Well its too late now to get De Jong as Arsenal would never pay the money for what he will go for now.  A year ago Arsenal could of got him for 10 million or so but our scouting has been awful over the last 5 years. 

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Well its too late now to get De Jong as Arsenal would never pay the money for what he will go for now.  A year ago Arsenal could of got him for 10 million or so but our scouting has been awful over the last 5 years. 

You see!

It was quite some time ago but I remember reading an article on an Italian sports newspaper stating that Arsenal Football Club were one of the European clubs that spent the most on scouting across the world and definitely the English club with the widest scouting web...  What for?  What was identified during the last decade that has become a recognisable coup in terms of scouting professionalism?

There are so many factor to look at where Arsenal have been lacklustre in their duties for the football side of things that the only thing we can applaud is the brand name in the way it's been marketed and also the Arsenal Holdings PLC being as competitive as anything by comparison. Maybe those up top thought the fans were cheering our shareholders on!

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

You see!

It was quite some time ago but I remember reading an article on an Italian sports newspaper stating that Arsenal Football Club were one of the European clubs that spent the most on scouting across the world and definitely the English club with the widest scouting web...  What for?  What was identified during the last decade that has become a recognisable coup in terms of scouting professionalism?

There are so many factor to look at where Arsenal have been lacklustre in their duties for the football side of things that the only thing we can applaud is the brand name in the way it's been marketed and also the Arsenal Holdings PLC being as competitive as anything by comparison. Maybe those up top thought the fans were cheering our shareholders on!

Its not like De Jong was at a club that no one ever heard,  so many scouts are at Ajax youth and senior games.  Frenkie De Jong is everything of player that suits Arsenal but I have no idea what Arsenal scouts are evening looking for.

4 minutes ago, Panna King said:

but I have no idea what Arsenal scouts are evening looking for.

Maybe searching for ways to raise dividends?

Frenkie de Jong was identified by Barcelona 3 years ago mate!  That's the sort of scouting you'd have expected from a club like Arsenal back then and as you say, it's not like Ajax isn't one of those typical clubs you think of at the top of the line for production.

23 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

A few, fairly transparent rumours that we are wanting to take Ramsey next summer to replace Lallana. 

That would be a real coup but I doubt very much that Arsenal would let that happen.  Arsenal have to make statements now and if Ramsey is to go then he can only go abroad.

Just now, SirBalon said:

That would be a real coup but I doubt very much that Arsenal would let that happen.  Arsenal have to make statements now and if Ramsey is to go then he can only go abroad.

He can go wherever he wants in the summer can't he?

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He can go wherever he wants in the summer can't he?

He can indeed but he has interest from clubs like Atlético Madrid and this morning there are stories coming from Madrid based papers on Real Madrid really being in there... Over the summer there was speculation with Barcelona I seem to remember and of course Juventus which has made the headlines in Italy.  Arsenal would push that on him not to do a change to a rival in the Premier League.

Archived