talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aaron Ramsey Will Leave Arsenal This Summer

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

If Ramsey's out of contact next summer, foreign clubs can get him for free on a pre-contract in January. So Liverpool would have to do some top-class tapping up in January to convince him not to go anywhere else for 6 months. 

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

If Ramsey's out of contact next summer, foreign clubs can get him for free on a pre-contract in January. So Liverpool would have to do some top-class tapping up in January to convince him not to go anywhere else for 6 months. 

I'm pretty sure Liverpool Football Club can offer Ramsey anything competitive the elite clubs around Europe would offer him. It's all about the challenge he wants at what is now the hight of his career in terms of age.  The decision should be one that's very well thought out by him!

In my view even though it sounds odd because he's out of contract in the summer at Arsenal, the club should have a lot of persuasion in his options so as to not go to a domestic competitor.

Liverpool seem like future league winners so wouldn't be a bad option, but take the chance and play abroad. Real Madrid, Juve, Atleti, Bayern, Barce...tbh only side I'd not go to is Bayern as winning the league wouldn't feel as much of an accomplishment as in Spain or England. Could say that about Juve but not many players get the chance to play alongside Ronaldo!

On 28/09/2018 at 06:55, The Palace Fan said:

So who is responsible for allowing these players contracts to run down?

With how much money there is around now, it benefits players to run their contracts down and get offered more money in wages as there isn't a gigantic transfer fee involved and then play their current club against other clubs that are interested.

It's always been weird to me how people talk as if players don't have a say in when they sign their contracts... "How could the club let this happen!?" is always a funny one.

8 hours ago, 6666 said:

With how much money there is around now, it benefits players to run their contracts down and get offered more money in wages as there isn't a gigantic transfer fee involved and then play their current club against other clubs that are interested.

It's always been weird to me how people talk as if players don't have a say in when they sign their contracts... "How could the club let this happen!?" is always a funny one.

The issue is this is the third occasion in a very short period that it's happened to Arsenal. In that time, other than with Hazard, none of the other top six seem to have had the same issue.

10 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

The issue is this is the third occasion in a very short period that it's happened to Arsenal. In that time, other than with Hazard, none of the other top six seem to have had the same issue.

Alderweireld is doing the same thing at Tottenham. People just aren't making a big deal about it as the narrative is supposed to be that it only happens at Arsenal. The point is that if a player wants to run down their contract for a better deal then there's not much the club can do about it.

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

Alderweireld is doing the same thing at Tottenham. People just aren't making a big deal about it as the narrative is supposed to be that it only happens at Arsenal. The point is that if a player wants to run down their contract for a better deal then there's not much the club can do about it.

So that's one player against three?

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

So that's one player against three?

And? How does that disprove anything I've said? Players do it when it benefits them in getting a new contract with their club or getting a contract elsewhere. I don't know how that's hard to even understand. I don't even know how it's hard to understand that a club can't do much about it if a players doesn't sign earlier. What are you exactly having difficulty with?

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

And? How does that disprove anything I've said? Players do it when it benefits them in getting a new contract with their club or getting a contract elsewhere. I don't know how that's hard to even understand. I don't even know how it's hard to understand that a club can't do much about it if a players doesn't sign earlier. What are you exactly having difficulty with?

Someone's touchy.

Three of your very best players all ran their contracts down. That would suggest someone at board level isn't quite doing their job properly because that doesn't happen often, if at all. Players will have demands, you meet those demands and they sign. If they don't sign you sell.

It's been quite clear why Alderweireld isn't signing and that's because he can get a bigger wedge somewhere else, in fact there was a massive news story about how Spurs will lose their entire team at some point because they can't afford to keep them on. Even Danny Rose came out to the media about it. But everyone knows why Spurs can't afford that, smaller finances than the rest of the top 6 and new stadium = no money. Old story.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Someone's touchy.

Three of your very best players all ran their contracts down. That would suggest someone at board level isn't quite doing their job properly because that doesn't happen often, if at all. Players will have demands, you meet those demands and they sign. If they don't sign you sell.

It's been quite clear why Alderweireld isn't signing and that's because he can get a bigger wedge somewhere else, in fact there was a massive news story about how Spurs will lose their entire team at some point because they can't afford to keep them on. Even Danny Rose came out to the media about it. But everyone knows why Spurs can't afford that, smaller finances than the rest of the top 6 and new stadium = no money. Old story.

I wasn't creating an Arsenal vs. Tottenham issue regarding contracts. I was giving examples of how it's ignorant to pretend it only happens at Arsenal. I thought that was clear...

You saying either a player has to sign to be sold in a way to criticise the way Arsenal specifically are dealing with contracts regarding 3 of our very best players doesn't make sense as Sanchez who didn't sign, didn't leave on a free and Ozil did end up signing. We'll have to wait and see what happens with Ramsey but I agree that he should be sold in January. Pretending that this is a situation that only Arsenal can find themselves in is where the ridiculousness from people lies.

5 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I wasn't creating an Arsenal vs. Tottenham issue regarding contracts. I was giving examples of how it's ignorant to pretend it only happens at Arsenal. I thought that was clear...

You saying either a player has to sign to be sold in a way to criticise the way Arsenal specifically are dealing with contracts regarding 3 of our very best players doesn't make sense as Sanchez who didn't sign, didn't leave on a free and Ozil did end up signing. We'll have to wait and see what happens with Ramsey but I agree that he should be sold in January. Pretending that this is a situation that only Arsenal can find themselves in is where the ridiculousness from people lies.

What other clubs have had their three best players have their contracts run down in quick succession?

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

What other clubs have had their three best players have their contracts run down in quick succession?

So now you're taking a different approach seeing as your "they should sign or be sold" attempt didn't pan out... xD

What exactly are you trying to say is the issue? It seems you don't even to know. Maybe you should take a look at the contract situations at all other clubs rather than being amazed by one club. Every player doesn't have an individual end date to their contract, sometimes they end at a similar time.

You mentioned Tottenham players not signing new contracts because they can get more money elsewhere and that's perfectly fine and they shouldn't be criticised for it... but that's an example of one of the reasons why a player may want to run down their contract at any club. Another reason is that it's a way for them to get a move a lot easier to a club better positioned to win trophies. In some cases both money and an easier path to trophies are reasons. The club the player is already at then has to decide how they deal with that. If the player has given signs that they're willing to stay, you try and negotiate a new contract. If discussions fail (which Ramsey's has only done now) then you decide to either keep them until the end of their contract or sell.

As far as players having their own individual, unique end dates to their contracts like you're suggesting they should have, I don't think that's really that realistic.

You sold Sanchez in the last 6 months of his contract, you're about to sell Ramsey in the last 6 months of his. Doesn't get you the optimum price for selling a player when you have no leverage over the buyer. I thought that concept would be pretty standard when hearing the words sign or be sold.

You're incapable of criticising your club, constructive or otherwise.

8 hours ago, Danny said:

You sold Sanchez in the last 6 months of his contract, you're about to sell Ramsey in the last 6 months of his. Doesn't get you the optimum price for selling a player when you have no leverage over the buyer. I thought that concept would be pretty standard when hearing the words sign or be sold.

The one we did manage to sign took us to the absolute cleaners as well. Not to forget we let Chamberlain get into his last year and currently have Monreal, Welbeck and Cech in their final year. It's clearly an issue at the club and I'm hoping with the new technical team we will be seeing a lot less of this because it has been an issue for years now, starting with Nasri and Van Persie.

13 hours ago, Danny said:

The fact that discussions are still going on would suggest that the option of "sign" is still open... 

It's not about being incapable of criticising, it's about making sense when criticising. You should try it.

17 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The only thing worrying about negotiations not being concluded is that we run the risk of overpaying like with Özil and this opens the door for all renewals and being paid comparatively. 

Its going to be hard to bring big names to the club now, if Ramsey wants close to what Ozil is on, what are better players going to ask for, the board have really screwed up on this one and it could have a very long lasting effect while Ozil is at the club.

4 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Its going to be hard to bring big names to the club now, if Ramsey wants close to what Ozil is on, what are better players going to ask for, the board have really screwed up on this one and it could have a very long lasting effect while Ozil is at the club.

Some fans don't take much notice of these types of things because all they want is top players remaining at the club or arriving... Obviously everyone wants this but this should be done with care.  Players and their agents aren't fools and they can get the information on wages quite easily which means that an analysis of their client's worth comparitively to what's on offer at the club will be demanded!

The club can't just then go and say; "That was a one off, an extreme situation that is singular."

You open a black hole where the only solution is to scrap it all and start again meaning that the best scenario is for Özil to go and anyone else earning way and above their worth comparitively (again using that word) with what other top clubs pay their players in the division.

How can the club cry "poverty" when talking about not being able to compete for today's mega signings that are now start at £100m or there abouts when we compete perfectly fine with the wages that those types of players earn at the club's that sign in that manner?

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Some fans don't take much notice of these types of things because all they want is top players remaining at the club or arriving... Obviously everyone wants this but this should be done with care.  Players and their agents aren't fools and they can get the information on wages quite easily which means that an analysis of their client's worth comparitively to what's on offer at the club will be demanded!

The club can't just then go and say; "That was a one off, an extreme situation that is singular."

You open a black hole where the only solution is to scrap it all and start again meaning that the best scenario is for Özil to go and anyone else earning way and above their worth comparitively (again using that word) with what other top clubs pay their players in the division.

How can the club cry "poverty" when talking about not being able to compete for today's mega signings that are now start at £100m or there abouts when we compete perfectly fine with the wages that those types of players earn at the club's that sign in that manner?

Its just going to be another 50-60 million lost when Ramsey leaves for free, Ozil must make Arsenal a lot of money through merchandise from the fanboys around the world to of made such a decision to just pay 1 player 2 or 3 times as much as anyone else, it alienates the rest of the players.   

I am not sure what the clubs plans are with about 5 players able to leave for free at the end of the season,  we do not have a big squad once this happens so a lot of money will need to be spent to build which is unlikely to happen with this board.

1 minute ago, Panna King said:

Its just going to be another 50-60 million lost when Ramsey leaves for free, Ozil must make Arsenal a lot of money through merchandise from the fanboys around the world to of made such a decision to just pay 1 player 2 or 3 times as much as anyone else, it alienates the rest of the players. 

Özil's stock isn't what it was and wasn't ever a top platform player where marketing potential is in question Althohgh he was big enough to be the club's insignia name and bring in that media attention... Right now there are other players worth much less that what his wages would suggest bringing in the amount of potential he does.

What occurred with Özil was that in the very same month we lost another of our marquee players in the shape of Alexis Sánchez and two in one shot would've been extremely damaging for the club brand outside English borders and also considering there is no Champions League football to be played by Arsenal for the foreeable future, definitely not now anyhow.

All that with losing players on a free to boot.

36 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Özil's stock isn't what it was and wasn't ever a top platform player where marketing potential is in question Althohgh he was big enough to be the club's insignia name and bring in that media attention... Right now there are other players worth much less that what his wages would suggest bringing in the amount of potential he does.

What occurred with Özil was that in the very same month we lost another of our marquee players in the shape of Alexis Sánchez and two in one shot would've been extremely damaging for the club brand outside English borders and also considering there is no Champions League football to be played by Arsenal for the foreeable future, definitely not now anyhow.

All that with losing players on a free to boot.

Its just all shocking management from the top to bottom, it has been going for a while and they have never learnt their lessons, do they even realise that the football players are assets and just not all the buildings Arsenal PLC seem to own.

28 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Its just all shocking management from the top to bottom, it has been going for a while and they have never learnt their lessons, do they even realise that the football players are assets and just not the all the buildings Arsenal PLC seem to own.

Most of the mess we're in is by the past tenure on all fronts.  This is something I think the club is trying to repair which is why talks with Ramsey broke down.  It won't be easy because you can't just lose your best players although sometimes to start a rebuild you do also have to bring down the good with the bad as its unsavable.

19 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Ramsey confirmed all the rumours of the rescinded contract offer. Such a shame, his interview on the topic is very sad seems he was very happy to stay at the club.

Some of our reliables are saying we have started negotiations with Arsenal over a move in January for around £20m. 

• The title was changed to Aaron Ramsey Will Leave Arsenal This Summer

Archived