talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aaron Ramsey Will Leave Arsenal This Summer

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ramsey admitting himself that the club itself pulled out of an agreed deal for his contract extension. If I were him that’d definitely be it and I’d be out of there but on a free in the summer hoping the club get nothing out of it. Business is business. 

Rumours that Juventus are interested. They do like to pick up big players on frees when they can and after spending so much on Ronaldo, it's understandable if they're keen on this deal. Matuidi & Khedira will both be 32 next season as well. Perfect move for them.

2 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I doubt it, I reckon he'll definitely wait out the season. Unless your offer is insanely good.

£20m is a pretty good starting point for a player who would cost nothing 6 months later. Wages shouldn't be a problem either I wouldnt think. 

35 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

As an asside I think Ramsay is highly underrated, and if not for his injuries and that he's welsh rather than English He'd be a mega star.

read that as 'as an asshole'

5 hours ago, Danny said:

Like Bale, who suffers from both?

Bale is a fucking mega star. He is the best brittish player these days by a distance, and impossible to ignore on the world stage. Ramsay is just a very tidy footballer with a lot of passing flair by Brittish standards. He'd be overhyped were he an Engishman. So I guess I prefer it this way

• Subscriber

If we're really in for Ramsey I'd be a bit shocked considering we're lacking any kind of real creativity in the midfield. If the rumors about Nicolo Barella are true I'd rather have him at the club than Ramsey personally. Younger, offers far more dynamism in the midfield and can only get better in the system we play. Then again people thought we were mad to take the Ox and look what happened there.

• 3 weeks later...

Aaron Ramsey will leave Arsenal for free at the end of the season after the club told him in person why he will not be offered a new contract, Sky Sports News understands.

The Wales midfielder was understood to have been unhappy that nobody from the club had directly explained their reasons for withdrawing the offer of a new long-term deal following months of talks.

Ramsey had found out via his agent before speaking out publicly on the issue last week, telling a newspaper that he was hoping "somebody will come up and tell me why" the option to stay was taken off the table.

Those discussions finally took place over the weekend, Sky Sports News has been told, as Arsenal drew 2-2 away at Crystal Palace on Super Sunday to retain a place in the top four after 10 games.

• The title was changed to Aaron Ramsey Will Leave Arsenal This Summer
Just now, Stan said:

Wow. What a player to lose on a free.

He could easily still do a job for any side in the top 6. Fancy he'll go somewhere in Europe though.

Thought I'd read somewhere that he wants to stay in the UK?

Could be wrong though. 

It'll be interesting to see if post-Wenger we sell Arsenal premium players to the domestic competition. I'd love to see Ramsey playing either in Italy (where I feel it suits him most) or Spain.  Then again he could retire early and go to PSG.

13 hours ago, SirBalon said:

It'll be interesting to see if post-Wenger we sell Arsenal premium players to the domestic competition. I'd love to see Ramsey playing either in Italy (where I feel it suits him most) or Spain.  Then again he could retire early and go to PSG.

Emery clearly doesnt rate Ramsey otherwise he will be pushing for the board to keep him,  what has happened with Ramsey it does seem he was offered a large contract but with Gazidis leaving the new people took it away from him as clearly it was not value for money.   I expect Ramsey to be sold in January as there is no point keeping him he isn't in the future plans of the club, Welbeck also will probably be sold off at the next window.  Arsenal will have to go out and buy or get a good player on loan,  maybe they will go back in for Dembele who now looks like he is going to leave Barcelona due to his poor attitude at the club. 

Archived