talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Would Ozil Be A Good Signing For Man Utd?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signing Mesut Özil would be right in line with their player recruitments in the past few years.  A player that doesn't fit into anything at all even though he is extremely talented.  Imagine both Pogba and Özil in the same team?  I'm visualising it now and I can't help but smirk at the image.

To be honest...  As long as we get decent money for him, I couldn't give a damn if he goes to another English club.

6 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

No, if they sign a midfielder this summer it should be Saul Ñiguez, IMO. Him and Pogba B|

There was a time when someone could've singed Saúl from Atlético Madrid about two years ago, but not now.  He's a mainstay in the Atleti midfield and I can't see too many teams offering a proposal which would even make him lift his head to listen right now.

16 hours ago, Dan said:

Absolutely not. No co-incidence that he didn't flourish under Mourinho last time. Would be typical of them to sign him though despite this.

He didnt flourish under Mourinho? Disagree. I think he had his best club football days under him. Perfect counter attacking setup with the pace of Ronaldo and others and Ozil could find them with ease. Ozil isnt for the teams that like to have possession all the time as its easy to dispossess him. He is good when given space and has good wingers running infront of him which is what real madrid did under mourinho

He was superb at Madrid, his stats were something else there.

I think he is brilliant and I think any top club should be sniffing around his current situation with us. I'd hate to lose him, he is just brilliant and we have pretty much wasted four years of his prime. It's no wonder we have massively improved since his return, he is one of the most intelligent players around. Question marks may always be directed at his body language, but he is easily one of the best midfielders going and nothing will change my opinion of that. 

25 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

He was superb at Madrid, his stats were something else there.

I think he is brilliant and I think any top club should be sniffing around his current situation with us. I'd hate to lose him, he is just brilliant and we have pretty much wasted four years of his prime. It's no wonder we have massively improved since his return, he is one of the most intelligent players around. Question marks may always be directed at his body language, but he is easily one of the best midfielders going and nothing will change my opinion of that. 

Not that hard when Ronaldo, Benzema, and Higuian are all chipping in near thirty goals each.

Archived