talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Most Talented Football Nations

football forum

I was going to include Nigeria somewhere as they seem to have the most "talented" out of all African nations. Ivory Coast strikes me as more on the quality side of things. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Harry said:

For me it's a subcategory of talent not the whole thing...

This is why I'm having so much trouble defining talent in short. There are too many subcategories of it and it's hard to say it without sounding contradictory. There is defensive talent, finishing talent, flair talent, technique talent, etc. However I think all put into the mix I'm talking more generally here. Ronaldinho and Maradona had tons of that where as the likes of Messi is defined in other bits. It's really difficult to explain, as I said I'd have to write a bible about it.

On 27/12/2018 at 13:19, Blue said:

This is why I'm having so much trouble defining talent in short. There are too many subcategories of it and it's hard to say it without sounding contradictory. There is defensive talent, finishing talent, flair talent, technique talent, etc. However I think all put into the mix I'm talking more generally here. Ronaldinho and Maradona had tons of that where as the likes of Messi is defined in other bits. It's really difficult to explain, as I said I'd have to write a bible about it.

I think you are overthinking it, truly and honestly. 

The Top Ten in no particular order is a fairly easy list. 

France
Spain
Italy
Germany
Brazil
Argentina
England
Netherlands (Especially historically)
Belgium
Portugal

Of course, you could add the likes of Croatia, Uruguay, Swiss, Colombia. But honestly, looking at the now and using some history as well, these are the top 10 for me. 

7 minutes ago, Eco said:

The Top Ten in no particular order is a fairly easy list. 

France
Spain
Italy
Germany
Brazil
Argentina
England
Netherlands (Especially historically)
Belgium
Portugal

Of course, you could add the likes of Croatia, Uruguay, Swiss, Colombia. But honestly, looking at the now and using some history as well, these are the top 10 for me. 

Belgium over Uruguay that seems the only one odd. 

Just now, Azeem said:

Belgium over Uruguay that's seem the only one odd. 

I have no complaints with that. Belgium is mostly because they are probably the 2nd more talented team at the moment (behind France), and don't look to be slowing down. 

Talent exists in every country in the world lads. Not just Europe and South America. Making it to the top level is a whole different beast though, it requires intelligence and physique, something not all academies in the world can afford to train at a consistent basis. Talent though exists everywhere. I know players from Bhutan and Bolivia who are talented but aren't valued in the market nor have the rest needed to succeed.

We all have different views on the definition of "talent" but it does get on my tits whenever someone claims that only 2 continents are talented. I agree that only 2 continents in the world have world class teams, but not the only talented landmasses in the world. Africa and parts of Asia in particular are extremely talented.

7 hours ago, Salford Kel said:

Stopped taking it seriously at "Japan/Korea" as I don't understand what talent is and know shit all about Asian football

Corrected it for you.

On 27/12/2018 at 14:38, Dr. Gonzo said:

Cameroon are usually a pretty good African nation?

If I'm being honest though, if I did a top 10 I wouldn't have any African, Asian, or CONCACAAF nations in my top 10. It'd all be Europe and South America. And it'd be mostly Europe.

See, this is your own opinion but I'm going to assume you haven't seen some of the Colombians and Peruvians that didn't make it at top level. They are amongsts some of the most talented players on the planet but have no intelligence at all, don't manage their image and don't have any teamwork. 

Particularly in Peru, there is a saying. "Si quisieras". Which means, "If you really wanted to". This is said to the talented players who don't manage themselves and as a result play for provincial clubs as the consequences. 

I find it silly that you'd include mostly Europe because South America is much more talented. Just not balanced enough to form World Cup winning teams. Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, and Venezuela are superbly talented. It's not all Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay. Just because they have the players who make it to the top level, doesn't mean they are the only ones. Their position in the market really helps them.

Each to their own though, but you really need to look at players such as Reimond Manco and Mateo Cardona.

7 hours ago, Eco said:

Talent for me is a really complex matter that requires overthinking. So you're right but it's each to their own. 

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Shut up, you cannot be both Indian and Asian at the same time, unless you have dual nationality.

Can you be Egyptian and African at the same time though?

This guy knows...

image.jpeg

Archived