football forum

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CaaC - John said:

He sent ME back the kisses with "Thank you, you old Git" :D

Fancy calling you're old man an old git. I just call mine a wanker :bye:

4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Obviously revamp is required here we all knew this, such a shame to get demolished here again. Serious clear out required and smart business. Stop wasting money on old duds please Arsenal.

I think emery will buy some better defenders. He wasn't given much money to be fair a we needed a bit of experience. It will take time

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think emery will buy some better defenders. He wasn't given much money to be fair a we needed a bit of experience. It will take time

Emery won't be buying the defenders he isn't in charge of buying players. Raul and Sven will be buying the players and it has to be said the jury is already out on those two. Only blessing is that useless melt Gazidis has left. 

7 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Emery won't be buying the defenders he isn't in charge of buying players. Raul and Sven will be buying the players and it has to be said the jury is already out on those two. Only blessing is that useless melt Gazidis has left. 

I'm sure he advises them on what he wants though

- Our defence looks worse than last season... Bellerin is obviously a big miss in the team, was crucial when we were playing well. Holding as well who was looking like our best CB but the defence seems a lot more clueless overall.

- Leno isn't a lost cause in my opinion but he's definitely not as good as Cech, making saves is more important than distribution and Cech wasn't even playing that poorly at the start of the season. The couple of mistakes he made in distribution didn't result in goals conceded.

- Saying our most creative attacking player needs to be left out so we can be more defensively stable and then never looking defensively stable means we're just weakening our attack for no reason.

- Lacazette & Aubameyang need to start together. It's not even that much of a risk as Lacazette does a lot of closing down and defending from the front which in turn creates space and helps Aubameyang.

- Most worrying thing is I'm not sure how Emery even wants us to play, seems to change our style every game. Obviously it's too early to go against the manager but he seems to be trying to be too clever and changing things too often.

- Need to make top quality additions in January. Can't see us beating Chelsea to 4th unless we do.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal - Saturday 29th December, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned
1 minute ago, shut up said:

nice try ;)

Tbf Wenger is a fucking legend. Sure things went stale at the end, but at his peak he was a top top manager.

Still don’t think there’s much for Arsenal to worry about long term. A loss like this obviously hurts, but it’s better to get a rude awakening highlighting weaknessss in the squad more early on. It’s a work in progress, expecting a miracle overnight is stupid.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf Wenger is a fucking legend. Sure things went stale at the end, but at his peak he was a top top manager.

Still don’t think there’s much for Arsenal to worry about long term. A loss like this obviously hurts, but it’s better to get a rude awakening highlighting weaknessss in the squad more early on. It’s a work in progress, expecting a miracle overnight is stupid.

Wenger was great for the first 10 years. People go on about the defense. But people use to say that about Liverpool under klopp and look at them this season. 8 goals conceded. They will break the record at this rate. Things take time. Remember city finished third in guardiolas first season and only guaranteed champions league qualification on the last day of the season Anyone who had watched as Arsenal this season can see they have improved

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Bit laughable to compare Wenger to Rodgers. One led Arsenal through a period of being very good, the other was lucky he had Suarez xD

No the comparison is fair, at one point there was barely any difference in their records after a substantial amount of time, but it was clear Klopp was far superior. 

Emery is infinitely better than Wenger, we'd be in a shambles if he was still in charge and nowhere near the top 4.

Archived