• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2018/19 - Third Round Match Chat - 4-8th January, 2019

football forums

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Mignolet rooted to his line with the ball literally 3 yards from goal. 

Bit harsh to blame him for the second goal I think

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Bit harsh to blame him for the second goal I think

Why? Sees it most of the way. Positioned on the right side of his net already. All he had to do was actually jump to his right slightly and he saves it. Instead, he just falls sideways like a fat bag of shite.

5 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I think Alisson keeps them both out to be honest. Mignolet made himself so small the moment Jimenez shot for the first one.

I said the same at the time. Just basically telling him to stick it in the far corner and he'll make it dead easy for him

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I wasn't talking about the goal, rather an incident straight after. 

Yeah should have come out and collected that. Instead he put Hoever under more pressure.

• Administrator

Wow. Shaqiri's free-kick hits the post, goes across the goal and out for a goal-kick. Very unlucky. Looks like a top-class save from Ruddy on the replay. 

8 minutes ago, Rick said:

Why? Sees it most of the way. Positioned on the right side of his net already. All he had to do was actually jump to his right slightly and he saves it. Instead, he just falls sideways like a fat bag of shite.

Looked a bit harsh to blame him from what I have seen but might have to see it again

• Subscriber

Not watching but surely this is a huge risk from Klopp? The league is hardly nailed on and anyone could win the Champions League. Got to win a trophy at some point, especially with the money spent this summer, not that I suppose the FA Cup really fits the bill, but if Liverpool end this season empty handed... how long can you say "we're building something" before you need a trophy to show for it.

There's no denying Liverpool have bigger fish to fry, but plenty of successful trophy winning runs, most of them in fact, start with a League Cup or an FA Cup... seems early to put all your eggs in one basket (well two but y'know).

Is a draw and a subsequent replay a worst case scenario?

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Not watching but surely this is a huge risk from Klopp? The league is hardly nailed on and anyone could win the Champions League. Got to win a trophy at some point, especially with the money spent this summer, not that I suppose the FA Cup really fits the bill, but if Liverpool end this season empty handed... how long can you say "we're building something" before you need a trophy to show for it.

As long as it takes evidently. 

Archived