talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forums

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Whiskey better watch out. I’ve not since Nudge this excited since she opened up her last bottle xD

I've been feeling down for quite a while lately, and this seriously make me happy again - although whisky is a good idea too xD 

34 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Lets see how many they can get out today.. Going on yesterday this could take at least 3 or more days to complete.. 

They've been able to proceed faster, there's hoping they might even be able to get the rest of them today :o that's too optimistic though I think, but at any case, the weakest ones are out already and weather conditions are still looking good!

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are they coming out alright? Like health wise? No concerns of lung diseases/infections from being in a damp cave so long?

I believe they are bringing out the weakest first and they have been flown or taken straight to hospital where they are being checked over for any infections and such like before they are being given the all clear.. The parents are just having to wait it out until they give the ok but must at least be relieved they are out and alive at this point.. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Yes, they are in quarantine for a few days, waiting for blood test results. One of the kids was in a pretty poor condition yesterday, but recovered well overnight, and they are all said to be in good condition now (well at least the first 4 rescued yesterday, no info on the other 4 yet).

• Subscriber

Update:

DhuMSujUYAU5KTE.jpg

Rescue operation resumed at about 10am local time. If all goes well, the remaining 4 boys and the coach will be extracted today, as well as the doctor and 3 Thai Navy SEALs that stayed with them for the last few days. The doctors at the Chiang Rai hospital confirmed that all 8 rescued kids are in a good mental and physical condition, most were treated for low body temperatures and two have suspected mild lung infections, but their fever's gone and they are all eating solid food.

Elon Musk's team delivered the "submarine" capsule, but due to the cave characteristics (esp. the 'choke' point) it's impractical and therefore won't be used.

• Subscriber

All kids and the coach are out and safe! ^_^ Now waiting for the remaining 3 Thai NavySEALs and the doctor to come out, and it all will be over at last :banana:

EDIT:

Latest Update: Mission accomplished!!! Everyone including the last SEALs, volunteer divers, Aussie doc and the medics are out. This is truly an extraordinary effort by everyone involved, kudos to the heroic rescue team and all the helpers. Also, RIP Saman Gunan, a fallen hero who died delivering oxygen the cave and made this possible...

Edited by nudge
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, nudge said:

All kids and the coach are out and safe! ^_^ Now waiting for the remaining 3 Thai NavySEALs and the doctor to come out, and it all will be over at last :banana:

EDIT:

Latest Update: Mission accomplished!!! Everyone including the last SEALs, volunteer divers, Aussie doc and the medics are out. This is truly an extraordinary effort by everyone involved, kudos to the heroic rescue team and all the helpers. Also, RIP Saman Gunan, a fallen hero who died delivering oxygen the cave and made this possible...

Great news, all's well that ends well... for them and their families at least... 

Outstanding effort by all involved... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Typical fucking Elon Musk, I hate that guy. 

Haha, I can't stand him either, but in this case, can't fault him for trying - maybe it will be useful in other rescue conditions somewhere else in the future...

Quick rant.

12 boys being rescued ( which i'm really happy to hear) are being covered live and updates are coming out after each boy is rescued on CNN etc.

200 boys got killed in Afghanistan in a US drone attack and not even a ticker is shown shown.

What's your excuse Thailand is closer to the West like France ?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Quick rant.

12 boys being rescued ( which i'm really happy to hear) are being covered live and updates are coming out after each boy is rescued on CNN etc.

200 boys got killed in Afghanistan in a US drone attack and not even a ticker is shown shown.

You don't do a live ticker for your own crimes! 

13 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Quick rant.

I can't even find any mention of it on Al Jazeera

https://www.aljazeera.com/

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

The whole world was involved in it ?

Probably not, but most mainstream media companies in the world belong to one of the few global media conglomerates and pretty much share the same sources of information and the same selective coverage bias...

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

https://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Xi-Pledges-US15-Million-in-Aid-to-Palestine-20180710-0001.html

Not too surprised. US support of Israel is going to push many Muslim nations into the open arms of Israel & this decision to send aid is going to send that message loud and clear to Muslim countries.

It seems that China's Belt and Road initiative is shaping up nicely. It's only logical that after securing deals and partnerships in Southeast and Central Asia, Africa and some parts of Europe as well, they are now luring Arab countries in; they need them to revive the Silk Road. 

7 hours ago, nudge said:

It seems that China's Belt and Road initiative is shaping up nicely. It's only logical that after securing deals and partnerships in Southeast and Central Asia, Africa and some parts of Europe as well, they are now luring Arab countries in; they need them to revive the Silk Road. 

It seems like they’re going to take over the world. Which is shit because I really don’t want to learn Mandarin and when I went to Beijing for work I wanted to kill myself.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

It seems like they’re going to take over the world. Which is shit because I really don’t want to learn Mandarin and when I went to Beijing for work I wanted to kill myself.

I'm already learning Mandarin xD My small cozy coastal town became the main destination of Chinese invasion about 1,5 year ago, so pretty much everyone (including me) moved haha...