talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber

Jumanji (1995) - Robin Williams 10/10

You cannot beat this original with the late, great, RW, the two grandsons decided to watch it again and as per normal me and the wife watched it with them AGAIN!! :x

Lost count of how many times I have watched it and I have never seen the follow-ups so I can't say if they can beat the original.

• Subscriber

Had a movie binge last night with the first one mentioned above Jumanji, then when the grandsons and wife went to bed it was a nice bottle of wine time and relax and watch...

John Wick Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019) - 7.5/10 (as per normal chapter one was the best out of the 3)
The Bourne Identity (2002) - 8.0/10
Picard (2020) Series 1-10 - 8.0/10

Eventually crashed out on the sofa around 6 ish and got woken up around 8 ish with wee Kaiden yelling in my ear GOOD MORNING GRANDDAD xD

• Subscriber

Rust Creek (2018) - Crime/Drama/Thriller - 7.5/10

Not bad but it dragged on a bit and the ending was a bit so so.

An overachieving college student gets lost on her way to a job interview. A wrong turn leaves her stranded deep in the Kentucky forest.

Snatch

9/10

The Guy Ritchie films never get old for me though little details really annoyed me this time round. Turkish saying is it zeee Germans, found it really cringy this time. Maybe it's because I'm older. 

Brick top is just brilliant, absolutely hilarious yet a horrible man. Scary to think there are people as ruthless as that in the real world. 

Edited by Devil

Midsommer

A bunch of travelling university students are invited to join a Swedish Pagan mid-summer festival, what they didn't know was the community of which their university friend described as a peaceful community are actually a cult. 

Don't really need to explain the rest as these types of movies all follow the same kind of theme. they've obviously been invited for a reason. 

What I will say not enough of these types of films have been made and maybe that's a good thing because when you do see a movie about a cult (Wicker man) you find the whole thing incredibly disturbing. Personally for me these are the most mind fvcking films as they could actually be real in life.

Only thing I'd say annoyed me was the length of the film, maybe that's because I didn't start it until 9.45pm but at 2 hours and 20 minutes in length it's no a short movie. 

8/10

Guns akimbo 

Daniel Radcliffe plays a tech nerd who stumbles on a website taking America by storm. You basically register to join and they put you in a one on one battle to the death with another member. This is all streamed via drones and cctv all over America to subscribers.

Think this must have been a film that didn't get released in 2020 and has gone straight to Prime as I've never heard of it.

Clearly taken inspiration from the game Fortnight which was big during the period the movie was made.

Anyway Radcliffe only looks at the site out interest and ends up getting his front door kicked down by the games owners who attach guns to both hands with bolts and then make him a contestant against his will. Plenty of action and also funny at stages.

6/10

Edited by Devil

• Subscriber

Things Heard & Seen (2021) - Drama/Horror/Mystery - 4/10

The wife sat and enjoyed it but, to me, it was crap, very slow going and I don't know why they classed it as a horror? the ending was rubbish.

An artist relocates to the Hudson Valley and begins to suspect that her marriage has a sinister darkness one that rivals her new home's history.

• Subscriber

Jungle Cruise (2021)

An old fashioned adventure-fantasy family flick. Reminded me of those movies you watch with your parents on Saturday night as a kid. Nothing special, and a predictable plot and outcome, but also good mindless fun.

6.5/10

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Drag me to hell (2009) - Horror - 4/10

More of a laugh than anything else, some bits made you laugh when they were supposed to make you scared which the wife did and kept jumping out of her seat, but she chose the film and didn't want to admit it was not up to much.😆

A loan officer who evicts an old woman from her home finds herself the recipient of a supernatural curse. Desperate, she turns to a seer to try and save her soul, while evil forces work to push her to a breaking point

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Drag me to hell (2009) - Horror - 4/10

More of a laugh than anything else, some bits made you laugh when they were supposed to make you scared which the wife did and kept jumping out of her seat, but she chose the film and didn't want to admit it was not up to much.😆

Hide contents

A loan officer who evicts an old woman from her home finds herself the recipient of a supernatural curse. Desperate, she turns to a seer to try and save her soul, while evil forces work to push her to a breaking point

WAtched this at cinema 🤣

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, MUFC said:

WAtched this at cinema 🤣

The bit where she was sitting at the table, got her fork to poke at a pudding whatever then an eyeball popped out looking at her and then blood everywhere, the wife had just took a bite of her toast with jam she just made when that happened and she nearly choked on it, I fucking pissed myself laughing. 😂

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Sabrina (1995) - Harrison Ford - Comedy/Drama/Romance - 8/10

So used to see Harrison in films like Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Arc etc but this re-make from 1954 (Bogart & Hepburn) had me and the wife having a wee laugh here and there, quite enjoyed it.

An ugly duckling having undergone a remarkable change, still harbors feelings for her crush: a carefree playboy, but not before his business-focused brother has something to say about it.

• Subscriber

Tides (2021)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6506264

An indie sci-fi/post-apocalyptic movie. Glad I watched it. Unreasonably poor reviews, but the movie was very enjoyable and I also liked the message. Great casting and acting, great cinematography, and the story, while predictable at times, was still solid. German/Swiss production.

7/10

• Upvote 1

Aftermath (2021)

Netflix movie so didn't expect a stellar cast of actors and that was the case, the movie itself was pretty good though. Basically a young couple who have been going through issues with their marriage decide a change of scenery and new house might help them move on and be happier. This is where it get's going, the husband works as a cleaner for crime scenes and he happens on this amazing property where a murder and suicide have taken place. He manages to convince his wife that buying the property at a marked down rate due to it's history is a brilliant idea. 

Things aren't as they seem when they move in though, the wife constantly feels there is someone else in the house and that she doesn't feel safe. I won't spoil any of the rest but the movie has you on the edge of your seat throughout. 

6.5/10

Things heard and seen (2021)

Another Netflix movie, couple move due to husband taking up job at a University and end up in a haunted house, all isn't what it seems with the husband as well.

Wasn't bad but the ending ruined it for me. 

5/10

Edited by Devil

On 03/08/2021 at 03:27, nudge said:

Jungle Cruise (2021)

An old fashioned adventure-fantasy family flick. Reminded me of those movies you watch with your parents on Saturday night as a kid. Nothing special, and a predictable plot and outcome, but also good mindless fun.

6.5/10

Didn't think this was your type of film.... I watched it a few nights ago, pretty funny in places I have to say and a bit overdone in others but then I do like those map/adventure/lost city/curse etc type movies.. as you say it was a bit of light hearted fun for an hour and a half.. 

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Didn't think this was your type of film.... I watched it a few nights ago, pretty funny in places I have to say and a bit overdone in others but then I do like those map/adventure/lost city/curse etc type movies.. as you say it was a bit of light hearted fun for an hour and a half.. 

:o I love this kind of movies!!! 😤 Give me adventure, exploring, treasure hunting and mysterious curses anytime...