talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

35 minutes ago, Devil said:

Exactly, they didn't even bother telling us if she died yet we watched her rescue. 

As for Batista, I didn't think he was that bad, his size made him perfect ex army hero material. He won't work with Disney again due to a stand of so he's done with Guardians. 

😯

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, MUFC said:

Which movies did you like but people on here or in real life don't really speak about? Remember The Departed?

If you like the Departed checkout the originals Infernal Affairs. I still like alot of The Departed and obviously the actors they pulled in are great but Infernal Affairs is just better in nearly every way. Theres also 3 installments, havnet seen the third but the second was also fantastic. 

Also I was just rewatching a bunch of zombie flicks recently and still the 28 days/weeks are the strongest for me. 

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

If you like the Departed checkout the originals Infernal Affairs. I still like alot of The Departed and obviously the actors they pulled in are great but Infernal Affairs is just better in nearly every way. Theres also 3 installments, havnet seen the third but the second was also fantastic. 

Also I was just rewatching a bunch of zombie flicks recently and still the 28 days/weeks are the strongest for me. 

Will give Infernal affairs a try.

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Oscar winning producers to make a movie on Jamie Vardy.

They never get football movies right, if they make the film then it would be better if they showed zero of the football action because that's always what drags the films down. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Devil said:

They never get football movies right, if they make the film then it would be better if they showed zero of the football action because that's always what drags the films down. 

This. 

Why The Damned United stands out from the rest: 

3 hours ago, Devil said:

Yup, this is so true. 

The worst was that pile of shit Goal, still cringe laughing at that free kick that he scores at the end - absolutely abysmal technique. Didn't even watch Goal 2 or 3, the first was enough for me to check out of that franchise.

9 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Yup, this is so true. 

The worst was that pile of shit Goal, still cringe laughing at that free kick that he scores at the end - absolutely abysmal technique. Didn't even watch Goal 2 or 3, the first was enough for me to check out of that franchise.

Goal 2 isn’t bad for entertainment purposes. Goal 3 should be burned. 

Whole story is a bit funny. A 22 year old dish washer who plays Sunday league going on to play for Real Madrid in the space of a year. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Cicero said:

This. 

Why The Damned United stands out from the rest: 

54 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Yup, this is so true. 

My favourite was When Saturday comes, Sean Bean goes from Saturday league to Sheffield United first team squad against United. He does this whilst still going on the piss etc.. 

So unrealistic but I'd say its the best of a bad bunch. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Devil said:

Can't remember what she looked like but that Irish accent on his love interest, best accent I've ever heard on a women. 

Been years since I've seen it, barely remember anything except the main storyline and Sean Bean not dying xD 

Got through all the Marvel films...

I don't think it's fair to compare the avenger films to the individual films as Avengers just felt like a combination of greatness that you could pick faults in but says more about you as a person for looking to criticise such work. 

Thor Ragnarok was my favourite non-Avenger film. It was like the producers let their hair down and thought "let's have some fun". Seemed pretty pointless when it looked like Thanos had destroyed everyone from Aasgard one minute in to Avengers Infinity War, but thankfully the legend that is Korg made it to Endgame with his Hawaiian shirt playing fortnite. That said I didn't find Loki convincing as a bad character so when he transitioned over time in to more of a comedic fool I was relieved.

Captain America is easily the best Avenger to get behind though. Thor is too much in and out of those films, and Tony Stark is an irritant even though the Iron Man films in isolation were really good. Hulks fine albeit I think I preferred the version of him in Thor Ragnarok the most. Nick Fury can do one.

Wasn't as keen on the Guardians of The Galaxy films as the other films. Chris Pratt and Dave Batistas characters just felt lame in comparison to the others. Wasn't sure how I'd feel about Doctor Strange, Ant Man or Black Panther but got in to those films and behind those characters pretty quickly. I didn't mind Spider Man by the end, which I thought was never going to happen as to me Spider Man is Tobey Maguire.

I was hoping Vision would play a bigger role. Don't really think you could warm to his character until the Wanda Vision series kicks off. Wanda is still 100% the Avenger you would not want to piss off though.

As a collective I'd give the Marvel series a 9/10.

On 10/05/2021 at 07:47, Whiskey said:

What's the fucking scoring system these days? 7.8 and 7.9 out of 10? Just give it an 8 you wet wipes.

For me it is when people score it a '8/10 it was okay'. 8/10 is okay!? I'd say 8/10 is excellent, 5/10 is okay.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Yeah 😂 "Was alright, started well but got bored towards the end, 8/10".

If you want an opinion that is like headbutting a wall check out what Michael Own thinks of films

Superbad

As I've mentioned in the Covid thread I've currently got Covid so I'm self isolating for the next 8 days. So basically I'm gonna kill off Netflix in between doing some DIY around the house. 

Love Superbad, so fucking stupid and funny. Mclovin steals the movie for me. 

8/10

Edited by Devil