talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

Watched The Game. Another movie I watched in my teenage years at the cinema. I remember at the pictures being hooked, story was something different and very intense. Watched it again, was still good but a tad unrealistic at times. 

The Woman in the Window (2021)

What the hell was that? It started okay, then got really messy and sloppy, and had an extremely shitty ending as the final cherry on the shitcake. How the fuck did they get such a cast for such a horrible movie. Amy Adams, Julianne Moore, Anthony Mackie, and even Gary Oldman was in thie crap? Did they all owe the director a favour? 

3/10

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

The Woman in the Window (2021)

What the hell was that? It started okay, then got really messy and sloppy, and had an extremely shitty ending as the final cherry on the shitcake. How the fuck did they get such a cast for such a horrible movie. Amy Adams, Julianne Moore, Anthony Mackie, and even Gary Oldman was in thie crap? Did they all owe the director a favour? 

3/10

You might be right xD

"Amy Adams' new mystery thriller, The Woman In The Window, may be adapted from a Gone Girl / The Girl On The Train-type thriller novel, but it's not always easy to lose yourself in its twisty-turny plot. Partly, that's because the revelations are so silly that you're more likely to laugh at them than be engrossed. And partly, it's because the acting, editing and camerawork are so hectic that it feels as if you're reading a book in the middle of a rugby scrum."

The Woman in the Window and film's most cursed productions 

• Upvote 1

Brightburn

Basically a reverse role superhero film, kid gets adopted by parents who can't have children. That story unravels and then realises he's not like the rest of the kids in school because he has superpowers. 

He then decides he want's to go down the more evil route than the good I can save the world route and ends up turning bad!

6/10

First Man (2018)

Great cast and the space and moon scenes were absolutely spectacular. The sound design in particular. The scenes on earth felt quite flat sometimes though, and I thought the pacing was a bit odd. Still very enjoyable though. 

7.5/10

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

First Man (2018)

Great cast and the space and moon scenes were absolutely spectacular. The sound design in particular. The scenes on earth felt quite flat sometimes though, and I thought the pacing was a bit odd. Still very enjoyable though. 

7.5/10

I quite liked it, but think it was a bit cold, mechanical, and...kinda forgettable? Also they made Armstrong look like an emotionally crippled autistic zombie.

6/10

• Upvote 1

Just now, nudge said:

I quite liked it, but think it was a bit cold, mechanical, and...kinda forgettable? Also they made Armstrong look like an emotionally crippled autistic zombie.

6/10

Yea, expected it to be a bit more epic. I'm reading now that people say that it was more about Neil than the Moon Mission, and that he was trying to be this cold and pragmatic person on the outside, while it looked very different on his inside. But I still thought it was odd how he acted to his family. Even the reunion with his wife after the mission felt very cold and just kinda... flat. That one line made me laugh though "Your father is going to the moon" - "Oh okay. Can I go play outside?" xD 

My favourite scene was probably the Apollo 11 launch. The sound design was so epic. In all rocket launch and space scenes though. The loud noises from the ignitions and the metallic screeching and cracking really gave one a good idea how it must have felt to be on board of one of those things. And then they finally approached the moon and you could see it so up close gave me goosebumps. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, expected it to be a bit more epic. I'm reading now that people say that it was more about Neil than the Moon Mission, and that he was trying to be this cold and pragmatic person on the outside, while it looked very different on his inside. But I still thought it was odd how he acted to his family. Even the reunion with his wife after the mission felt very cold and just kinda... flat. That one line made me laugh though "Your father is going to the moon" - "Oh okay. Can I go play outside?" xD 

My favourite scene was probably the Apollo 11 launch. The sound design was so epic. In all rocket launch and space scenes though. The loud noises from the ignitions and the metallic screeching and cracking really gave one a good idea how it must have felt to be on board of one of those things. And then they finally approached the moon and you could see it so up close gave me goosebumps. 

Or how he talked to his kids right before he left. Like having an interview xD I think it does a bit of disservice for him. 

Yeah, I thought the launch scenes were quite impressive, very intense. I have watched so many space movies/shows in the last year though that I'm getting a bit confused xD Especially since I binged The Right Stuff (the series) within a few days and then watched First Man directly after that... 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Or how he talked to his kids right before he left. Like having an interview xD I think it does a bit of disservice for him. 

Yeah, I thought the launch scenes were quite impressive, very intense. I have watched so many space movies/shows in the last year though that I'm getting a bit confused xD Especially since I binged The Right Stuff (the series) within a few days and then watched First Man directly after that... 

Apparently his kids said that First Man was the most accurate portrayal of their parents. :35_thinking: Maybe he really was like that to them. 

The Right Stuff any good? 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Apparently his kids said that First Man was the most accurate portrayal of their parents. :35_thinking: Maybe he really was like that to them. 

The Right Stuff any good? 

Yeah I heard that too, but I think that's not that surprising, considering that his image created by the media before was that of "all American hero"... They might have gotten the family dynamic right (not that hard to imagine, given the levels of stress and dedication to work), but in terms of personality, they made a vegetable out of him, I thought. If you watch the old footage, the interviews and press conferences, he was a much more lively character with a witty sense of humour, so I thought the movie went a bit overboard in terms of that.

As for The Right Stuff, have you seen the original movie from 1983? That one is great. I enjoyed the new series as well, would definitely recommend it if you're interested in the history of the space programme.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yeah I heard that too, but I think that's not that surprising, considering that his image created by the media before was that of "all American hero"... They might have gotten the family dynamic right (not that hard to imagine, given the levels of stress and dedication to work), but in terms of personality, they made a vegetable out of him, I thought. If you watch the old footage, the interviews and press conferences, he was a much more lively character with a witty sense of humour, so I thought the movie went a bit overboard in terms of that.

As for The Right Stuff, have you seen the original movie from 1983? That one is great. I enjoyed the new series as well, would definitely recommend it if you're interested in the history of the space programme.

He was like Kimi at press conferences in the movie. xD 

I haven't seen the original movie. I'll put it on the list. But this time seriously. I am running out of decent movies that I can watch while working out. Choosing a movie to watch while working out these days lasts longer than the actual workout. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He was like Kimi at press conferences in the movie. xD 

I haven't seen the original movie. I'll put it on the list. But this time seriously. I am running out of decent movies that I can watch while working out. Choosing a movie to watch while working out these days lasts longer than the actual workout. xD

Yeah, the movie is definitely worth watching. I think it even won a few Oscars. 

Also if you haven't seen it, I'd strongly recommend Ex Machina. 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, the movie is definitely worth watching. I think it even won a few Oscars. 

Also if you haven't seen it, I'd strongly recommend Ex Machina. 

I'll check it out. 

I've watched Ex Machina. Great film from what I can remember. 

• Upvote 1

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)

I needed something to watch asap, and as I was a big fan of the Sonic Video Games as a kid, I gave this a go. Well, it was a pretty entertaining kids movie I'd say. Some very low effort humour. Something you'd watch on a Sunday afternoon while you're too lazy to get up from your couch and you just want to consume something to take your mind off things. Didn't imagine Sonic's character from the video games like they portrayed it in the movies. Jim Carrey had fun shooting this I can imagine. He could just be his goofy self. 

The after credits scene was great though. Great homage to the videogames, and I loved seeing Tails as he was my favourite character from the games when I was a kid.

6/10

45 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)

I needed something to watch asap, and as I was a big fan of the Sonic Video Games as a kid, I gave this a go. Well, it was a pretty entertaining kids movie I'd say. Some very low effort humour. Something you'd watch on a Sunday afternoon while you're too lazy to get up from your couch and you just want to consume something to take your mind off things. Didn't imagine Sonic's character from the video games like they portrayed it in the movies. Jim Carrey had fun shooting this I can imagine. He could just be his goofy self. 

Hide contents

The after credits scene was great though. Great homage to the videogames, and I loved seeing Tails as he was my favourite character from the games when I was a kid.

6/10

One of the last movies I watched at the cinema that was, me and the kids loved it. 

I'd have easily given it an 8/10, so fun. 

Can't wait for the next. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Devil said:

One of the last movies I watched at the cinema that was, me and the kids loved it. 

I'd have easily given it an 8/10, so fun. 

Can't wait for the next. 

I can see how it's more enjoyable with kids around to be fair. And yes, I'll be watching the sequel as well, especially now that I know that Tails will be in it. :x

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Army of the dead - 6/10

Started out promising, but then slowly turned into every other zombie movie. 

I'm so tired of Zombie Movies. I might give this a go because I want to see how Matthias Schweighöfer is doing in this. 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I'm so tired of Zombie Movies. I might give this a go because I want to see how Matthias Schweighöfer is doing in this. 

It's entertaining don't get me wrong but it started out promising and very original in some aspects. Thought it would be something different but Snyder couldn't resist ruining a good plot. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

Mortal Kombat 7/10 (Monday Night)

I actually really enjoyed it. Some lovely fighting sequences, but the plot was as thin as my hairline.

Godzilla Vs Kong 6/10 (Wednesday Night)

It is what it is. Nice visuals, boring plot.

Tom and Jerry 4/10 (This Morning)

Awful. Bored to tears.

Off to watch The Little Things this evening.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Army of the dead - 6/10

Started out promising, but then slowly turned into every other zombie movie. 

I don’t know if my tiredness had anything to do with it, but I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I agree that it starts on a high and only drops though.   

7.5/10