talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, nudge said:

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)

A lighthearted watch for Sunday evening, typical cliched comic adventure movie. Quite enjoyable...

7/10

Have to watch that but the first Jumanji with the late, great Robin Williams, I don' think you could ever beat that, I have lost count of how many times I have watched it.

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Have to watch that but the first Jumanji with the late, great Robin Williams, I don' think you could ever beat that, I have lost count of how many times I have watched it.

What a legend of a man he was with a tragic end to his life. 

Totally gutted when he killed himself. 

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

How many have you seen so far??? 

Just started with 28 Days Later. I have seen Overlord fairly recently but thats kind of it for anything close, Any recommendations? Off the top of my head was going to get to Dawn of the Dead (remake) Land of the Dead and The Crazies next.

Edited by Viva la FCB

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Just started with 28 Days Later. I have seen Overlord fairly recently but thats kind of it for anything close, Any recommendations? Off the top of my head was going to get to Dawn of the Dead (remake) Land of the Dead and The Crazies next.

Well you have '28 Weeks Later' The follow up to 28 days, Then 'Dawn of the Dead' ( 2004 ) & 'Land of the Dead' ( 2005 ) but would recommend seeing the original 'Day of the Dead' ( 1985 ) & 'Dawn of the Dead' ( 1979 ) Then you have 'World War Z' (2013 ) with Brad Pitt for more of the crazy fast zombies..  

If you like a bit of humour then go with 'Shaun of The Dead' and 'Zombieland' & 'Zombieland Double Tap' And if you wanted to see some old fashioned over the top aussie zombies then I would suggest 'Braindead' ( 1992 ) but expect maximum silliness... xD

Also nearly forgot to mention 'Train to Busan' ( 2016 ) pretty good film from South Korea also a good zombie series for me was 'Kingdom' on Netflix and of course the classic 'Walking Dead' series.. 

Plenty in between as well... B|

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well you have '28 Weeks Later' The follow up to 28 days, Then 'Dawn of the Dead' ( 2004 ) & 'Land of the Dead' ( 2005 ) but would recommend seeing the original 'Day of the Dead' ( 1985 ) & 'Dawn of the Dead' ( 1979 ) Then you have 'World War Z' (2013 ) with Brad Pitt for more of the crazy fast zombies..  

If you like a bit of humour then go with 'Shaun of The Dead' and 'Zombieland' & 'Zombieland Double Tap' And if you wanted to see some old fashioned over the top aussie zombies then I would suggest 'Braindead' ( 1992 ) but expect maximum silliness... xD

Also nearly forgot to mention 'Train to Busan' ( 2016 ) pretty good film from South Korea also a good zombie series for me was 'Kingdom' on Netflix and of course the classic 'Walking Dead' series.. 

Plenty in between as well... B|

Have not seen Train to Busan or Braindead, I will have to add those to the list cheers. I have seen the couple oldies I dont know if I want to revist them or not yet and wasnt a big fan of World War Z so might skip that. Kingdom I nearly forgot about I did see the first episode and it was good but I couldnt find it on any of my "free" streaming platforms so i kinda forgot about it thats a good reminder. Walking Dead I did like the original couple seasons but I stopped and starting watching a couple times I think im over it at this point. I did "read" about the first 8 or 9 volumes of the original graphic novels and just found those alot better. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Have not seen Train to Busan or Braindead, I will have to add those to the list cheers. I have seen the couple oldies I dont know if I want to revist them or not yet and wasnt a big fan of World War Z so might skip that. Kingdom I nearly forgot about I did see the first episode and it was good but I couldnt find it on any of my "free" streaming platforms so i kinda forgot about it thats a good reminder. Walking Dead I did like the original couple seasons but I stopped and starting watching a couple times I think im over it at this point. I did "read" about the first 8 or 9 volumes of the original graphic novels and just found those alot better. 

All depends on what floats your boat... with a series unless it's a one off can tend to become a bit samey so it's hard to keep the motivation to keep watching... What I liked about 28 days Later was that it took the traditional lumbering zombie ( where you had enough time to have a picnic before they reached you ) to the ( Can't even stop for a piss, run for your life ) type zombies on steroids... did make them a bit more frightening.. 

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

All depends on what floats your boat... with a series unless it's a one off can tend to become a bit samey so it's hard to keep the motivation to keep watching... What I liked about 28 days Later was that it took the traditional lumbering zombie ( where you had enough time to have a picnic before they reached you ) to the ( Can't even stop for a piss, run for your life ) type zombies on steroids... did make them a bit more frightening.. 

Yeah the rage virus was cool. I remember Land of the Dead they where smart zombies... learning to use guns and shit xD Maybe thats why the Zombielands and Shaun of the Dead where so great, good mix and still a play on the genre. 

• Subscriber
On 24/03/2021 at 01:44, MUFC said:

There a movie which isn’t a horror but more chilling and quite brutal. I suggest you watch it if you get a chance. It’s called Eden Lake, is very underrated for me.

Huh I might check that out, I absolutely love Kelly Reilly. 

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Like 1

Escape room 

6 strangers receive invites to a winner takes all escape room experience. What they didn't know is this wasn't an escape room you were supposed to come out of alive. 

Really enjoyed this film, something very SAW about it and kept you in edge right to its climax. 

8/10

Fatale 

Simple story really, man has one night stand on lads trip to Vegas only to find his one night stand want's to make his life a living hell. I won't reveal the plot but it's a Fatal attraction style lunatic story. 

Hillary Swank plays the role of the psycho brilliantly. 

It's on Netflix currently but don't be put off by the reviews on IMDB, if you read the reviews majority can't understand the shit rating and neither can I. 

7/10

On 22/03/2021 at 17:45, Viva la FCB said:

"Planet Terror" by the great Robert Rodriguez is a superb zombie movie.

• Upvote 1

managed to catch up on two movies while holding babies..

Venom 

7.5/10

Cant believe I hadn’t seen it. Decent Marvel flick in my opinion. There’s definitely better ones but was an easy watch. 

King Kong (2005 film)

6/10

Had not actually seen it! Was alright. Jack Black is an underrated actor I reckon.