talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tennis

football forum

Well done to Jabeur, she kept her composure, fought hard and pulled off some great shots. Sabalenka also played well, but some of her shots were quite wayward today. But it's Jabeur who makes the final again, where she will play Vondroušová!

Yeah I like Ons, especially after watching the Netflix Tennis Documentary, Break Point, which was brilliant. From watching that, you know just how much she wants Wimbledon and she's a bit of a character.

Plus it would be nice to break up the Eastern European dominance in Women's Tennis.

Anyway, arguably the best day of Wimbledon tomorrow, Men's Semi Finals Day.

Sinner v Djokovic in a repeat of last year followed by Alcaraz v Medvedev, which promises to be a cracker.

2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Sinner and Djokovic about to come out. Looking forward to this!

It's been all Djokovic, he's dominated this match. He won the first 2 sets and is likely to win the 3rd set as well. I don't think that Alcaraz or Medvedev will be able to defeat Djokovic in the final. Djokovic is still on another level on grass compared to all the other players. 

Alcaraz, similar to Djokovic, wins his semi-final relatively easily in 3 straight sets. Alcaraz was a worthy winner against Medvedev. So now we have a mouth-watering final between Djokovic and Alcaraz. What a spectacle the final promises to be!

Edited by Michael

Djokovic looks really rattled by the crowd, more so than I've seen before. He just can't stand 90% of them being Team Alcaraz.

Still feel Alcaraz will ultimately need to go up another level to win this though.

You feel like if he doesn't take the chance to close out this third set, Djokovic will make him pay.

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

Djokovic looks really rattled by the crowd, more so than I've seen before. He just can't stand 90% of them being Team Alcaraz.

Still feel Alcaraz will ultimately need to go up another level to win this though.

You feel like if he doesn't take the chance to close out this third set, Djokovic will make him pay.

Alcaraz has the momentum now. Just needs to continue grasping it and not make so many unforced errors. 

Djokovic proper ground my gears with his constant sarcastic responses to the crowd. Now he's losing he's not doing it so much! Maybe if he wasn't like that he'd have more respect from them. 

Alcaraz just needs to keep his cool and his calm. Djokovic has been in these situations before and is experienced.