talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar - FC Barcelona Refuse PSG's Valuation

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is this saga not over yet ffs?

It's obviously going to drag on until the final hour it seems with even the possibility of Neymar staying put at PSG or maybe even a surprise of him moving elsewhere. It is absolutely tedious now.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest is that Barcelona have refused PSG's counter offer on what the Spanish club had initially offered. With this, right now and with little time left, Barcelona cancel themselves out of the possibility in bringing Neymar back. The Barcelona board had an all night meeting last night and came to the conclusion that what PSG are asking for is way beyond the value of the player with also adding that they're the ones with the problem.  The members have made themselves heard and won't sanction such a deal which would plunge the club into crisis and push forward elections.

Unless PSG rethink this, it looks as if Barça's side of things are over and only clubs like Real Madrid or Juventus continue to maybe being involved.

• Subscriber

He's staying at PSG, I think they'll just cut this short and say its okay we'll just keep him much to his discontent and then restart negotiations in December. What will be interesting to see if he does a Bale and goes golfing to keep his chances of CL eligibility alive by not playing for them if that happens.

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

He'll Go to Barca Before the deadline imo

Not unless one of the two give in and each has their good reasons not to mate.

If Barcelona give in to PSG's demands, the present Barça board will he out of the door by Christmas.

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's a lot better that the board look like mugs than send the club into crisis.

What is going on at Barcelona? I can't help but say they have looked like 'mugs' for several years now. They also seem to want to make a gigante signing every season; whether it be a prospect or an established player. I do have to say that [in general] Barcelona are rather mediocre at buying players. For starters I think their biggest mistake this year was signing Griezmann (without moving Suarez) over de Ligt.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

What is going on at Barcelona? I can't help but say they have looked like 'mugs' for several years now. They also seem to want to make a gigante signing every season; whether it be a prospect or an established player. I do have to say that [in general] Barcelona are rather mediocre at buying players. For starters I think their biggest mistake this year was signing Griezmann (without moving Suarez) over de Ligt.

Griezmann was the correct signing hut everything else on who should leave is up for debate. What’s for sure is that both Griezmann and Neymar we’r required.

As for “Barcelona”... I get that the modern fan doesn’t get the original existence of football “CLUBS” as a fan owned entity. It’s foreign now but for those that care to learn will understand that hating or criticising a government is very different and balanced on what’s just to hating the residents of an entire nation.

To make it simple for all... You hate Barça, Real Madrid or Athletic Bilbao? Then you’re hating their fans because they’re democratically governed.

What do you do when you like the next tenure?

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Griezmann was the correct signing hut everything else on who should leave is up for debate. What’s for sure is that both Griezmann and Neymar we’r required.

As for “Barcelona”... I get that the modern fan doesn’t get the original existence of football “CLUBS” as a fan owned entity. It’s foreign now but for those that care to learn will understand that hating or criticising a government is very different and balanced on what’s just to hating the residents of an entire nation.

To make it simple for all... You hate Barça, Real Madrid or Athletic Bilbao? Then you’re hating their fans because they’re democratically governed.

What do you do when you like the next tenure?

Are you suggesting that Barcelona's current state is due to the board of directors doing everything they can at all costs to ensure their reelection?

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Are you suggesting that Barcelona's current state is due to the board of directors doing everything they can at all costs to ensure their reelection?

Yes mate. That’s how it works. It’s politics, football politics and it’s not working in this case.

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

Well it works for Real Madrid :ph34r: 

Haha... It does and it doesn’t. Florentino’s “luck” is down to how he changed the constitution of the club and how very few can now be potential candidates for election. There are very few people embedded in Real Madrid culture with the forced added membership time required (25 years minimum) and the money to be possible contenders for presidency and forming a board of directors. 

Gonna post these two Guillem Balague tweets although in general I'm more informed than him on happenings in La Liga and that isn't even a joke. But some things make me laugh in these two tweets and the rest of it is spot-on which has been a surprise for once. Just proves how there are journalists you should follow for first hand information and others you shouldn't and have just made their name from a brandname (if you get my meaning)

Loved the "Nobody wants to go to PSG" which is actually true. Barça haven't been able to convince even players that never play to be part of the deal! xD

This next one is the more recent one (1 hour ago)... Doesn't he feel strange having to base his info on others and contradicting himself?

This is how close the deal was to being completed by Barcelona to take Neymar back to the Camp Nou. One of Neymar’s personal sponsors Gagà Milano photographed the player in the new Barcelona strip and had even published it on their Instagram account before the deal collapsed and Barcelona refused to engage. The social media post was quickly deleted but not before many had done a screenshot. 

51765CC4-39E0-4AA7-9333-B5C608C9AE5C.jpeg

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is how close the deal was to being completed by Barcelona to take Neymar back to the Camp Nou. One of Neymar’s personal sponsors Gagà Milano photographed the player in the new Barcelona strip and had even published it on their Instagram account before the deal collapsed and Barcelona refused to engage. The social media post was quickly deleted but not before many had done a screenshot. 

51765CC4-39E0-4AA7-9333-B5C608C9AE5C.jpeg

Well that's not photoshoped is it. 9_9

10 hours ago, Spike said:

I disagree. Barcelona never really needed de Ligt. He´d be a nice get for the future, but I don´t think he´s better than Piqué, Lenglet or Umtiti right now (if healthy, obviously). And they also have Todibo. 

The Ajax player Barcelona needed, they got: Frenkie de Jong. 

Buying Griezmann was necessary in my opinion. With the failure of Coutinho and Dembélé to establish themselves as startes and with Suárez decline, Barcelona needed more firepower in the attack, as was evidenced in the Olimpico and Anfield matches. Griezmann is also versatile and can do a lot of defensive work. He is a great signing for Barcelona.

There are too many sources saying this now and although anything can happen even till the final hour, Neymar will not be going to Barcelona and the Spanish club has told both PSG and Neymar there will be no deal. Barcelona just don’t think Neymar is worth what the Parisien club want for him.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

There are too many sources saying this now and although anything can happen even till the final hour, Neymar will not be going to Barcelona and the Spanish club has told both PSG and Neymar there will be no deal. Barcelona just don’t think Neymar is worth what the Parisien club want for him.

Quote.thumb.png.23408dc2bc442149a4e5fe43589766b5.png

Neymar's return to Barcelona has fallen through, with the Brazil forward, 27, agreeing to stay at Ligue 1 champions Paris St-Germain. (Sun)

As a result, Denmark's 27-year-old midfielder Christian Eriksen's £72m (80m euros) move from Tottenham to PSG is off. (Football.London)

But Eriksen could still leave Spurs, with Juventus gearing up for a last-minute move and the playmaker still hoping for a move to Spain. (Express)

There's a rather interesting story eminating from all of this which shows how much Neymar apparently wants/wanted to return to Barcelona. In the final moments before Barça cancelled themselves out from any more negotiations with PSG, Neymar himself entered into play by offering €20m of his own money into what Barcelona were already offering...

The final deal was €130m up front from Barça and both Rakitić and Todibo goin the other way. Paris Saint-Germain said they wanted €150m + the players but Barça said now which is where Neymar offered the extra €20m from his own pocket to make up the difference. His present club PSG informed Neymar that it was futile because both Rakitić and Todibo didn't want to go to PSG which meant the €150m total sum wasn't enough.

• The topic was locked

Archived