talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kurt Zouma - Everton & Leicester Linked

• Subscriber

Definitely a decent option but need to make sure we don't get rinsed for a mad £40m or anything. Getting Gomes for £22m, Bernard on a free, Digne for £18m all examples of there being value elsewhere if you look hard enough.

• The title was changed to Kurt Zouma - Everton Seek Permanent Deal
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
16 hours ago, Inverted said:

Would leave Chelsea with just Rüdiger, Christensen, and Luiz, unless there's some other random guy on loan I don't know about. 

Either they're not gonna let him go, or they'll try and rinse Everton. 

Azpilicueta can play centre back too. 

Then there's players like Miazga, Tomori, Ampadu, Kalas, Hector, Clarke-Salter. 

And there's probably loads more that were out on loan too xD

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

IMG_20190722_231003.thumb.jpg.82de73af02ccb87bf06666e511a2e46b.jpg

That's probably that then. He has every chance to make it at Chelsea to be fair to him. From our point of view it isn't the end of the world, they probably wanted £40m for him so finding a cheaper alternative would be better.

I think he could be a starter at Chelsea, so it's understandable that Lampard would want to keep him. I think he would have been a great permanent signing for Everton, he did well on his loan spell and they'd know exactly what they were getting. But yeah @RandoEFC is right, there's probably better value for money elsewhere (although in today's market, I think £40m would have been a pretty fair price for a prem proven defender that's already proven himself at the club he'd be joining).

I think he's pretty underrated tbh.

I was reading that Lampard wanted him to stay so must be in his plans somewhere along the line... 

Speaking after Chelsea’s 1-0 defeat to Kawasaki Frontale on Friday, Lampard said: “In terms of Kurt Zouma, he’s a very good defender for us, very good player, very good person and professional.

“I want him here, simple as that.

“We are competitive with the centre-backs we have in the team and he had a very good season at Everton and I can understand why they want him.

“He’s a Chelsea player and I want him.”

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

Saw a fee of $40m quoted which is a mental price for us to be paying for any centre back unless they're going to significantly improve our options. I like Zouma, but I wouldn't call him a huge improvement on Keane, Mina and Holgate. We do need extra cover in there as Holgate and Branthwaite have medium-term injuries but I'd much rather see us look for a loan deal under these circumstances. Also, if Chelsea are still playing Christensen as a first team centre half I can't see why they'd make Zouma available as he's better than Christensen and more experienced than Tomori. The Tomori loan deal that has been touted seems like the best outcome for all parties to be honest.

• The title was changed to Kurt Zouma - Everton & Leicester Linked
  • The topic was locked

Archived