talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa 2-0 Everton - Friday 23rd August, 2019

football forums

• Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

That's my point. In England it's associated with Liverpool (nobody IN England  had heard it before they started singing it). Villa are a big club with their own history of chants. It's normal for a club like Hull to pick up bigger club chants but villa are better than that. 

To be honest mate, Liverpool are a big club and shouldn't be singing another club's song.

That isn't to bait or anything. But let's face it, a lot of clubs 'steal' other clubs' songs, mainly from across Europe or South America.

Who really cares though? If it creates a good atmosphere does it really matter if a club took it from another?

Firstly clubs can't use flags/tifos etc to create atmosphere and now they can't use another club's song/chant to make atmosphere.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

To be honest mate, Liverpool are a big club and shouldn't be singing another club's song.

That isn't to bait or anything. But let's face it, a lot of clubs 'steal' other clubs' songs, mainly from across Europe or South America.

Who really cares though? If it creates a good atmosphere does it really matter if a club took it from another?

Firstly clubs can't use flags/tifos etc to create atmosphere and now they can't use another club's song/chant to make atmosphere.

I think there is a difference between sharing with a club from a different country but never mjnd. I'm not going to waste my time. We are bascially polar opposites when it comes to how we see football. You don't need to worry. You've won the war. 

• Subscriber

We looked comfortable until the goal and have been sloppy since. Villa can just counter on us which is annoying because none of our defensive players are very quick.

Exactly what I feared here, Villa needing to avoid three consecutive defeats in a home game under the lights guarantees a 110% performance and atmosphere.

Grealish with 20 Premier League losses in a row, Wesley looking for his first goal, Villa looking for their first point, Everton will go top if they win. Only one outcome.

Everyone getting off on Everton turning into a great side was weird. They’ve not addressed their defensive frailties and the striker they’ve signed, whilst promising and possessing potential, isn’t the finished article. 

While Kean was a good signing for the future, I felt Everton needed a bit more experience up top than him and Calvert-Lewin. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Everyone getting off on Everton turning into a great side was weird. They’ve not addressed their defensive frailties and the striker they’ve signed, whilst promising and possessing potential, isn’t the finished article. 

While Kean was a good signing for the future, I felt Everton needed a bit more experience up top than him and Calvert-Lewin. 

Don’t think they’ll do much to catch up with the top 6 this season 

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Pickford ain’t that good is he

Hard to be when your team is coached by Marco Silva, whose sides have a hideous away record and show no signs of being able to defend competently. 

After moving on from the abuse aimed at Raheem Sterling, it seems Pickford has become this country’s English scapegoat and I’m sure he’ll be chastised by the media in tomorrow’s papers. 

Just now, carefreeluke said:

@Fairy In Boots Villa Park looks buzzing, what a ground.

As for Everton, got too many rejects from the top clubs or “has beens”. Don’t know who’s been in charge of recruitment there over the years.

Having that all day long, I tried to get a ticket for that to but it’s fucking impossible to get down there at the minute. 

very pleased for Dean, Mings & Jack 3 fucking points baby 

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Hard to be when your team is coached by Marco Silva, whose sides have a hideous away record and show no signs of being able to defend competently. 

After moving on from the abuse aimed at Raheem Sterling, it seems Pickford has become this country’s English scapegoat and I’m sure he’ll be chastised by the media in tomorrow’s papers. 

In fairness Everton never looked under threat. Proper smash and grab job from villa. Everton's worries are far further forward. I don't see how they're going to break teams down. 

Archived