talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 26-27th October, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber

I want to think that he's learned from a lot of his mistakes at Liverpool and that we've got a better version of him than you had. You've got to say he's reigned it in somewhat with the Brentisms.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I agree. You still finished second. People say you had Suarez but Salah scored more goals 2 seasons ago no one says it was Salah it they say it was down to klopp. I'm not comparing klopp to Rodgers it's obvious klopp is better but Rodgers is a decent coach.  @LFCMike mentioned benteke but he was a good striker at villa and I can understand that signing. People only remember bad signings I'm hindsight they don't think back to how good they were at their previous club. It's like Sanchez at man utd. How were they suppose to know he was going to turn out so bad. Sometimes things just don't work out.

I think there were very few people who thought Benteke was a good signing. Completely the wrong fit

9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Just seen on MOTD Arsenals 3rd goal ruled out.

I mean come on, it's becoming past a joke now xD

I'm a big advocate for VAR but the way it has been used this season in the Premier League is a disgrace. First they weren't overturning any decision now they can't stop. When you see how it's used in the rugby that should be the goal of football. Clear communication from the on field and video ref for everyone to hear and see. If they continue to use it in this way it may as well be scrapped. 

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I'm a big advocate for VAR but the way it has been used this season in the Premier League is a disgrace. First they weren't overturning any decision now they can't stop. When you see how it's used in the rugby that should be the goal of football. Clear communication from the on field and video ref for everyone to hear and see. If they continue to use it in this way it may as well be scrapped. 

VAR is a joke in the stadium, there is no explanation on why something was not given as you cannot see any replays, but people who are watching the game on TV can see it, I know they have introduced the audio feed from the VAR centre to be played in the stadium.  They need to show the replays in the stadium on why it was disallowed so the crowd can understand it, it's ridiculous that the crowd who are actually at the game are left in the dark, you might as well just watch things on the TV now as it is ruining the experience for the paying customer. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

VAR is a joke in the stadium, there is no explanation on why something was not given as you cannot see any replays, but people who are watching the game on TV can see it, I know they have introduced the audio feed from the VAR centre to be played in the stadium.  They need to show the replays in the stadium on why it was disallowed so the crowd can understand it, it's ridiculous that the crowd who are actually at the game are left in the dark, you might as well just watch things on the TV now as it is ruining the experience for the paying customer. 

The replays were shown on the big screen in Southampton on Friday night.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

The replays were shown on the big screen in Southampton on Friday night.

Well not at Arsenal and another grounds, they should show replays everywhere that has VAR,  if it is the correct decision by VAR everyone will accept it and know why something was given or not given. 

• Administrator
Just now, Panna King said:

Well not at Arsenal and another grounds, they should show it as if it is the correct decision by VAR everything will accept it and know why something was given or not given. 

I agree.

I wonder if this should be looked at by the Premier League and brought in immediately. It's been said for a while by everyone that people in the grounds are usually unaware or not told what's being checked.

Agree with comments above about having referee communications on the tannoy or live feed for TV viewers as well. 

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

I agree.

I wonder if this should be looked at by the Premier League and brought in immediately. It's been said for a while by everyone that people in the grounds are usually unaware or not told what's being checked.

Agree with comments above about having referee communications on the tannoy or live feed for TV viewers as well. 

They have the live feed now from the VAR centre in the stadium, that was at the Arsenal stadium, worst thing about it the VAR official was an Aussie which caused a bit of a mixed reaction. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I thought Lacazettes push for the second goal was worse than the foul for the third goal.

Really, Arsenal should have left with nothing.

I don't see why there's so much fuss about their goal being disallowed. There's a trip by Chambers (?) on the Palace player.

24 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I thought Lacazettes push for the second goal was worse than the foul for the third goal.

Really, Arsenal should have left with nothing.

But yeah I also think Lacazettes’ push for the second goal was worse than whatever the fuck is happening in the 3rd goal for the VAR official to take it away.

So while I think the VAR official might have been drunk, I’m not sure the end result is too different from it a sober and consistent ref was making the review.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived