talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

I haven't bought it yet but I'm looking at some cricket equipment soon. I got into a local distributor and I'm going to meet with him in the next few days. I haven't played in fuuuucking yeeears (I must have been in high school last time), so some advice on decent quality equipement would be great.

@Devil-Dick Willie @IgnisExcubitor @Toinho @Stick With Azeem @Stan @MUFC @CaaC (John)

looking at the kookaburra rampage which ranges from about $USD 110 -140 depending on willow quality

Image result for kookaburra rampage

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I haven't bought it yet but I'm looking at some cricket equipment soon. I got into a local distributor and I'm going to meet with him in the next few days. I haven't played in fuuuucking yeeears (I must have been in high school last time), so some advice on decent quality equipement would be great.

@Devil-Dick Willie @IgnisExcubitor @Toinho @Stick With Azeem @Stan @MUFC @CaaC (John)

looking at the kookaburra rampage which ranges from about $USD 110 -140 depending on willow quality

Sorry mate I only watch world cups so I can't chip in, Azeem should be the man

But if you ever decide to buy an F1 car give me a shout.

Edited by MUFC

9 hours ago, Spike said:

Sorry mate, I'm a premier fielder batting and bowling aren't really my thing 

Edited by Stick With Azeem

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Spike said:

download.thumb.png.f6dc64fbb3b6a22fccf002f95a4689dc.png

https://www.google.com/search?q=Recommended+Cricket+Equipment+-+Top+10&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB790GB790&oq=Recommended+Cricket+Equipment+-+Top+10&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.23239j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

@Spike

I haven't bought a bat since my school days. I used a MRF bat, but of Kashmiri willow and not English. Made it cheaper. They are good enough against leather balls, though most of our cricket was played with rubber or tennis ball. 

I don't know if Kashmiri willows are available outside India, but they are cheaper and good for casual cricket. 

One of my young cousin represents his school team and trains professionally. He uses a Spartan bat. I have played with that bat, and it's quite a beauty. The sound it makes is lovely. But I must also add that he is a lower order batsman, who is primarily picked for his spin bowling. 

He also has a spare Adidas elite Sachin Tendulkar bat, which is a beauty to look at but feels differently when you are in your shots. I don't know, the weight seems weird when you play with it, despite it not really being that heavy. 

• Administrator

Thought SL would struggle to reach 200 at one point. They went from 67-1 to 111-5 and indicative of their whole tournament; start well and collapse thanks to middle-order failing.

They only just made it but at least it's still something relatively decent for their bowlers to try and defend.

Hearing reports of fights between Afghan and Pakistani supporters. I know that a lot of friction exists between those two countries. Though some are saying it was over tickets. 

Also this happened. 

Actual game is nicely poised. Though Pakistan remain favourites. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Hearing reports of fights between Afghan and Pakistani supporters. I know that a lot of friction exists between those two countries. Though some are saying it was over tickets.

Cricket World Cup: Fan trouble at Pakistan v Afghanistan at Headingley

_107639841_troublebodycapture.jpg

Action will be taken to punish fans involved in "scuffles" at the World Cup match between Pakistan and Afghanistan at Headingley, says the International Cricket Council.

Videos on social media showed fans clashing outside the ground and a group trying to break through the gates between the main road and the ground in Leeds.

Fans were also seen jumping over the fence that surrounds the ground and gaining access to the concourse behind the Western Terrace.

An ICC spokesperson said they were aware of "some scuffles among a minority of fans".

It was also reported that there were "physical clashes" in the stands, which led to some being evicted from the stadium.

"We are currently working with the venue security team and local police force to ensure there are no further incidents," the spokesperson added.

"We do not condone this type of behaviour, and will take appropriate action against any anti-social behaviour that spoils the enjoyment for the majority of fans."

West Yorkshire Police police said they were called to "reports of some trouble outside the ground linked to people trying to get in".

"Officers attended to disperse the group without any issues and remained on patrol in the area," a statement added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48812583

The Pashtun supremacists typr population of Afghanistan are quite ethno racist type. They don't even get along well with the Persian speaking Tajik population of the country, that's why there are always infighting going on between in the country over power.

I have lots of Persian speaking Afghan friends in Uni and none of them is interested in Cricket, Cricket is only played by the Pashtun population the rest of the country is into football 

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Also this happened. 

Not really like your ' Akhand Bharat ' types Afghanistan also has Greater Afghanistan types ethno fascist Pashtuns who care for a greater Pashtun dominated country, much to the dismay of the Persian speaking Tajik Afghans.

People to people contact are good, i have lots of Afghan friends.