talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

6 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Not really like your ' Akhand Bharat ' types Afghanistan also has Greater Afghanistan types ethno fascist Pashtuns who care for a greater Pashtun dominated country, much to the dismay of the Persian speaking Tajik Afghans.

People to people contact are good, i have lots of Afghan friends.

Same everywhere. People to people contact are good between our countries, as well. I have quite a few friends from Pakistan from my Orkut days. Doesn't change what I have said before. 

There is a lot of friction between the two countries, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

On a side note. If Kiwis win today then I expect them to take it easy against England. 

That Bangladesh versus Pakistan match looks increasingly important. Currently, Bangladesh look the better side and more mature side. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

• Administrator

Shame there's more talk about the messages and fan fighting than there is about the cricket. Caught a few highlights but been out all day - so much to talk about when it comes to the on-field events. Starc obliterating NZ, Boult's hattrick, Afghanistan coming close to winning again, England potentially being knocked out before Wednesday... 

7 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Same everywhere. People to people contact are good between our countries, as well. I have quite a few friends from Pakistan from my Orkut days. Doesn't change what I have said before. 

There is a lot of friction between the two countries, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

On a side note. If Kiwis win today then I expect them to take it easy against England. 

That Bangladesh versus Pakistan match looks increasingly important. Currently, Bangladesh look the better side and more mature side. 

No i was referring to this particular event nothing to do with friction between the countries, these 15-20 people were trying to get into stadium without any tickets trying jump over etc hooligans who ruined the whole environment and triggered all of this.

f6jFFBQ.jpg

Edited by Stick With Azeem

• Administrator

Thought Roy and Bairstow would both get centuries but just the latter today. 

England such a different side with Roy at the crease. Means less pressure for following batsmen to come in unlike Vince who gets out cheaply more often than not. 

Couple of fortunate moments early on though. Roy could have gone early had we reviewed a caught behind. Hit his glove and heard a sound but decided against it. 

Can’t believe we beat NZ. Was worried when our top order went for fuck all. Jesus..... some form heading into the semis, see how we go against South Africa in the last game.

England seem to be batting well!? Haven’t watched any but checking scores. 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Can’t believe we beat NZ. Was worried when our top order went for fuck all. Jesus..... some form heading into the semis, see how we go against South Africa in the last game.

England seem to be batting well!? Haven’t watched any but checking scores. 

Roy coming back in for England helps them immensely. Bonus that it's a batting wicket too. They took our spinners to the cleaners. 

• Administrator

Good fun at Edgbaston so far. 

PANO_20190702_100726.vr.jpg

Given the start and solid innings from Sharma I'd have liked more than 314 on the board. Should have been getting 330-340. 

Bangladesh shouldn't be taken lightly... 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Good fun at Edgbaston so far. 

PANO_20190702_100726.vr.jpg

Given the start and solid innings from Sharma I'd have liked more than 314 on the board. Should have been getting 330-340. 

Bangladesh shouldn't be taken lightly... 

My favourite actress is currently there. Wish I was there. She has already appeared on the telly few times. 

Bumrah coming back to bowl is good. Hopefully, will be rested for the next match. 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

My favourite actress is currently there. Wish I was there. She has already appeared on the telly few times. 

Bumrah coming back to bowl is good. Hopefully, will be rested for the next match. 

Not gonna lie i was beginning to get a bit worried before we got Shakib out (who's a brilliant player by the way) and then worried again when Shaifuddin stayed in for a long time. Then Bumrah came and did the job as expected. Class bowler. 

Pandya made up for his duck with a few wickets too. I'm happy we've now qualified which means there's no pressure to get a result against Sri Lanka. Bangladesh put up a good fight though - fair play to them. 

• Administrator

England join Australia & India in the semi-finals.

If Pakistan beat Bangladesh (by a huge margin), they could overtake NZ on net run-rate but that's very unlikely.

If India beat SL and Australia lose against SA, it'll be India vs NZ & Australia vs England in the semi-finals.

Should Australia win (the more likely outcome), they'll play NZ and it'll be India vs England in the other.

Can't see Australia losing against SA, who must be desperate to go home. Kiwis need to sort their openers. Though it would be brilliant if Guptill finally performs in the semis. 

As for the second semi, if it's a flat track then England start as favourites. If there's something for the bowlers,  especially spinners then we should be favourites. It shall be brilliant semi. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

5/10 this World Cup for me over all

First half was plain boring one sided games with rain in between. Second half of the tournament had some nail biters but these last two lackluster matches ruined the whole excitement of the last games that could have been like quarter finals.

Really dissapointed by Hafeez, he gave away his wickets consistently playing annoying shots after scoring 20-30 great runs. What a sad way to end his career. Malik will also go now never liked him always involved in or leading politics in the team. 

Shaheen and Babar are the future stars of the team, still think Imam needs to up his game, Fakhar was a total disappointment. Imad is a good finisher not the most talented but very hard working and confident only if he becomes an attacking bowler in one days like T20s.

Wahab had a memorable farewell tournament, Amir has one more world cup in him.

• Administrator
On 03/07/2019 at 18:16, Stan said:

If India beat SL and Australia lose against SA, it'll be India vs NZ & Australia vs England in the semi-finals

I really didn't see this coming to fruition. 

Australia couldn't chase down SA's high total. 

India vs NZ on Tuesday. 

England vs Aus on Thursday.