talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

11 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Who has big reputations? I'm genuinely confused. Root is the Andy Murray of crickets big 4. He's famously bad at converting 50s to 100s.

I’d give that to Kohli but only because his ego irritates me and I like Root’s mild mannered personality. 

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

haha mate there is an area between sucking him off and mediocre and I definitely think he is in that area. he is definitely a lesser name in the pantheon of australian cricketing history but I’d maybe put him in B tier maybe sliding towards C tier. 

He's comfortably C tier. A long standing servant and a weird social icon. 

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Stats wise Kholi butchers root across tests and ODIs. Root has just had the fucking season of his life where everything came together, scoring double the centuries he has in any other year and it's just snuck his average up across 50. 

if you want stats fuck off to watch baseball smh my  head

Edited by Spike

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

if you want stats fuck off to watch baseball smh my  head

always found the way Kholi winds up aussies very ironic. He's literally the most Aussie non aussie playing cricket today. Sleeve tats, arrogant cunt, win at all costs attitude. But he winds up Aussies who don't even for a second recognize hes the very thing they cheer for. Like a more talented, less cunty, less cheaty warner. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

always found the way Kholi winds up aussies very ironic. He's literally the most Aussie non aussie playing cricket today. Sleeve tats, arrogant cunt, win at all costs attitude. But he winds up Aussies who don't even for a second recognize hes the very thing they cheer for. Like a more talented, less cunty, less cheaty warner. 

There isn’t room for two australias he is stealing our bit

37 minutes ago, Spike said:

Still…it is a bit strange that thinking being a cunt is a uniquely Australian phenomenon. Reeks of a culture cringe.

Of course not. A cunt cricketer however certainty narrows it down to Jesse Ryder, Kholi, KP and Aussies. 

Apparently it's a mirror which flatters not, as Kholi and KP were fucking hated by the Aussies. 

12 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Of course not. A cunt cricketer however certainty narrows it down to Jesse Ryder, Kholi, KP and Aussies. 

Apparently it's a mirror which flatters not, as Kholi and KP were fucking hated by the Aussies. 

You’re just buying into the media narrative of the hard nosed aussies, it was just exacerbated under Alan Border because the team was shit had to have personality over skill. as if every team isn’t full of players that are aggressive and determined, harbanjah singh, freddie flintoff, quiton de kock, faf du plessis, ab de villiers, ms dhoni, marlon samuels, some play like cunts but some are actual shitty humans like singh and samuels. Some of the subcontinent players are fucking cunts  but you wouldn't know because it isn't  reported widely in english

2 hours ago, Spike said:

You’re just buying into the media narrative of the hard nosed aussies, it was just exacerbated under Alan Border because the team was shit had to have personality over skill. as if every team isn’t full of players that are aggressive and determined, harbanjah singh, freddie flintoff, quiton de kock, faf du plessis, ab de villiers, ms dhoni, marlon samuels, some play like cunts but some are actual shitty humans like singh and samuels. Some of the subcontinent players are fucking cunts  but you wouldn't know because it isn't  reported widely in english

I've never seen anyone of them cheat the way the Aussies did, demand to know "Who the fuck is the 3rd umpire" Bark like a Blubbering sunflowers crack head at taking a catch, or any of the like. 
Worst i've seen recently outside of a green and gold shirt was Butler being a horrid cunt to Philander in his last match. 
Fuck even the commentators. Warne and Symonds hammering Lambuschagne for being autistic. Dean Jones calling Amla a terrorist and so on. 
Plenty of players play hard but fair. Plenty even push the line and have been caught ball fiddling. No one has done what the Aussies, as a team, did under Langer. Not just the cheating either. It was like you said about Border, only instead of 'hard' they were cunts. Can't beat em? Bully em. 

44 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I've never seen anyone of them cheat the way the Aussies did, demand to know "Who the fuck is the 3rd umpire" Bark like a Blubbering sunflowers crack head at taking a catch, or any of the like. 
Worst i've seen recently outside of a green and gold shirt was Butler being a horrid cunt to Philander in his last match. 
Fuck even the commentators. Warne and Symonds hammering Lambuschagne for being autistic. Dean Jones calling Amla a terrorist and so on. 
Plenty of players play hard but fair. Plenty even push the line and have been caught ball fiddling. No one has done what the Aussies, as a team, did under Langer. Not just the cheating either. It was like you said about Border, only instead of 'hard' they were cunts. Can't beat em? Bully em. 

There is nothing to be said that can justify the ball tampering scandal but these things aren't exclusive to Australia, it doesn't make it right but there are many incidents outside of the Australia team. How many Pakistani and Indian players have been banned for Match fixing? Hansie Cronje was literally fixing all of South Africa's matches in the late 90s and early 00s, Singh called Symonds a 'monkey' and another time slapped a player in the face. Plenty of players have tampered with the ball from rubbing dirt on it, vaselining one side,  to adding a bit of lolly to it. You never hear about it when Broad was stepping on the ball to wear it down, because it's not an interesting story, but it's still cheating. Mate there are even rumours that South African coach was murdered in Pakistan. Bodyline tactic of the 30s was the peak of negative tactics and that was the English.

The sport was a wide tapistry of cunts but you've got the blinders on

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

There is nothing to be said that can justify the ball tampering scandal but these things aren't exclusive to Australia, it doesn't make it right but there are many incidents outside of the Australia team. How many Pakistani and Indian players have been banned for Match fixing? Hansie Cronje was literally fixing all of South Africa's matches in the late 90s and early 00s, Singh called Symonds a 'monkey' and another time slapped a player in the face. Plenty of players have tampered with the ball from rubbing dirt on it, vaselining one side,  to adding a bit of lolly to it. You never hear about it when Broad was stepping on the ball to wear it down, because it's not an interesting story, but it's still cheating. Mate there are even rumours that South African coach was murdered in Pakistan. Bodyline tactic of the 30s was the peak of negative tactics and that was the English.

The sport was a wide tapistry of cunts but you've got the blinders on

Im talking about this particular time frame. They're literally a team apart.

Also. There is an enormous difference between giving the ball a zipper wipe or a lolly spit, and bringing your toolbox onto the field one time because you're losing to a team you can't bully. 

But sure. England bowling short balls in the 1930s is relevant. 

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Im talking about this particular time frame. They're literally a team apart.

Also. There is an enormous difference between giving the ball a zipper wipe or a lolly spit, and bringing your toolbox onto the field one time because you're losing to a team you can't bully. 

But sure. England bowling short balls in the 1930s is relevant. 

Could have fooled me when you brought up the retired Pietersen earlier

cheating is cheating, they all want the same conclusion, . match fixing will always be the worst for me

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Spike said:

I don’t even know what the fuck this argument is, I am just saying there are many pricks in the world, it would be an anomaly if every player was an angel

but Aussies are the worst :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Australian team just gets ostracised for its on field cunty behaviour which others get away with it like how Pakistan team is for fixing but as mentioned you don't see the same for South Africa under Cronje or Indian domestic cricket which is the den of all this fixing.

• Like 1

The worst there’s been for England, the team is just shit now. Not even bottlers, just shit.

Root is only top level player left now, if I’m being generous I’d throw in Stokes but I’m not sure he really is that often at test level. Broad and Anderson former greats of course, Anderson can still do it now and then.