talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

14 hours ago, Khan of TF365 said:

West Indies are like a national football team. Players only get together for a few weeks from playing those leagues.

All teams are like that though. It's not like Australia have a consistent selection across all formats.

So the English cricket team is moaning and whinging about quarantining upon entry to Australia for The Ashes. I have Australian citizenship and a passport and I have to quarantine so why should they get an exception when they lack those two certificates? That is an insult towards me, and it essentially renders my citizenship worthless. The English team an square up and lick my taint to my arsehole if they think they are exempt. If they refuse to play in Australia they should forfeit the series and the victory given to Australia.

Andrew Strauss is moaning that they players should be able to bring their families. FUCK OFF, I can't even bring my fucking wife to Australia, so why are non-citizens getting preferential treatment? I'm so furious.

28 minutes ago, Spike said:

So the English cricket team is moaning and whinging about quarantining upon entry to Australia for The Ashes. I have Australian citizenship and a passport and I have to quarantine so why should they get an exception when they lack those two certificates? That is an insult towards me, and it essentially renders my citizenship worthless. The English team an square up and lick my taint to my arsehole if they think they are exempt. If they refuse to play in Australia they should forfeit the series and the victory given to Australia.

Andrew Strauss is moaning that they players should be able to bring their families. FUCK OFF, I can't even bring my fucking wife to Australia, so why are non-citizens getting preferential treatment? I'm so furious.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDvMt430cN5HbovsVGTUs

48 minutes ago, Spike said:

It’s funny till you realise he said it in a Pakistani accent. 

The wife/mother/kids banter is bottom shelf. 

It has no source and probably not true since Inzi was not that articulate with his words and also a nice guy according to his teammates and opponents, despite anger issues.

• Wow 1

2 hours ago, Khan of TF365 said:

It has no source and probably not true since Inzi was not that articulate with his words and also a nice guy according to his teammates and opponents, despite anger issues.

I always doubt the stories about non-English speakers. The best is Lara or someone saying ‘it’s small red and round, go fucking find it’

I just have a question about the England v India cricket match, is it only being shown on Sky Sports? Are there any other channels in the UK that show it? 

I don't really follow the sport, but my grandmother is a die hard cricket fan, so I am asking for her sake. :91_thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Michael said:

I just have a question about the England v India cricket match, is it only being shown on Sky Sports? Are there any other channels in the UK that show it? 

I don't really follow the sport, but my grandmother is a die hard cricket fan, so I am asking for her sake. :91_thumbsup:

Just Sky Sports.

BBC2 show 1 hour highlights in the evening somewhen.

BBC do have exclusive radio commentary though on Test Match Special if that's her cup of tea.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Just Sky Sports.

BBC2 show 1 hour highlights in the evening somewhen.

BBC do have exclusive radio commentary though on Test Match Special if that's her cup of tea.

Yeah, I looked at the Radio Times and it said the highlights were from 7 to 8 in the evening on BBC 2, but I was trying to find out if they showed the cricket live on another channel other than Sky Sports. Obviously then, Sky must have the rights to the cricket. She used to listen to the cricket on the radio at times, but she's very hard of hearing these days and prefers watching the cricket. Anyway, thanks for the confirmation mate. :91_thumbsup:

• Administrator

I must say I wasn't expecting the England collapse (maybe I thought they'd changed!), even after the morning session.

100-0 to 141-6 is impressive for all the wrong reasons. Bumrah getting something out of this dead flat wicket as well, class. 

Up to Root and Woakes now and then properly in to the tail. 1.5 sessions to go...

Textbook England.

100-0 to 210 all out on a great batting wicket in the blazing sun. Without a born winner like Stokesy in the middle order, they all crumble when the pressure is on. The over reliance on Joe Root is embarrassing.

Pissed that test away in truth on Day 1 when we let the Indian tail wag from 127-7. And letting the tail add another 50 yesterday destroyed it. 

Honestly, cannot wait to get rattled 5-0 in Australia this winter because if we don't buck our ideas up, that is what's going to happen...

Edited by Lucas

• Administrator

Travelled up last night to Manchester. 

Game called off two hours before start of play. Absolutely farcical. Embarrassing and a massive fuck you to all the fans to leave it this late. Proper pissed off. 

A lot of this will be the Indian players not wanting to jeopardise their pay check for the IPL which starts soon. But actually quite annoyed they couldn't have just made this decision earlier in the week in any case - be it due to IPL and financial reasons or COVID. 

All that checking for the weather weeks in advance and its not even that that cancels it 😂