talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak

football forum

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What the government reports is the number of people who died within 28 days of a Covid death. This is a matter of objective fact and record. They do not report that Covid was necessarily the cause of death. Like I said, this was changed months and months ago for this very reason. It was a valid criticism back then but they responded by changing the wording of how they report the statistics. If people like you still want to bang on about the government reporting car crashes as death by Covid, then that's your choice at this point, not theirs. They're admitting by measuring it that way that Covid might not be the actual cause of death. 

You've also failed to answer either of my key points. Is your working theory that all of those waves of extra deaths were simply booms in car crashes that happened to occur when a lot of people had Covid? If not, then why does it matter if 5-6 people out of every 1000 Covid deaths actually died in car crashes or falling down the stairs? It doesn't significantly change the fact that the statistics they're using to track the virus are effective in identifying how many people have caught or died with the disease. And as for the motivation point - you say "this is what worries you" and then can't provide a credible reason why governments would inflict mass economic harm and unpopular restrictions upon peoples' lives for their own gain. You talk about the government looking bad - why would they game the numbers to make it look like more people are dying on their watch to make themselves look better? It's nonsensical, and any other theory you can think of is going to be completely made up and not supported by any actual evidence.

im not saying the COD was a boom in car crashes im pointing out that if you were to die in a car crash at the same time as having covid the COD would go down as covid. i used the car crash to make a point. the fact is the government are lying and they are addmiting they are lying. 

11 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

and thats the question that worries me. on the face of it the government looks bad. and you know as well as me that governments dont like to look bad. the problem with the 28day thing is this. if you have brain cancer and have a month to live and die in a car crash your COD will be the car crash and not the cancer. if you have had covid within 28 days and die in a car crash you go down as a covid death. that should be illegal if it aint already. 

I can understand why so many governments have tried to deflate their COVID numbers. But it logically doesn't make any sense that they'd pump up the numbers to make the situation look worse.

Even if they had some sort of reason, like keeping everyone at home in order to: prevent tourists from coming in and shut down businesses... why on earth would they do that? They can't just tank the economy because they have some "nefarious reason" and expect everyone to just sit there and take it.

It also doesn't add up that they'd release something like 0 new cases in the UK yesterday if they were trying to pump up the numbers. Because that is directly contradicting the idea they're trying to inflate those numbers.

So my guess is: they aren't. The video you posted is from Israel, it's one of the most COVID vaccinated countries where they've got less care about COVID because of how well they've managed the virus. Why the fuck would they try to boost the covid numbers? Their ministry of tourism is trying really hard to get people to visit again. You can't do that if you're also running a campaign of trying to convince the world that COVID is still running rampant.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

it dont matter how often its happened does it. it only matters that its what they are doing. they are falsifying death certificates. 

Well, it does. Because if it never happens it's not exactly something to worry about in the grand scheme of things. 

Until you want to prove what you're suggesting you don't have a leg to stand on.

7 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

im not back tracking on anything. the vid was made to look like they were treating covid victims and were digging graves for them. it was faked and it would have ended up on MSM if it had not made it on the net. they got caught out and now they are saying it had nothing to do with fake reporting on covid. 

Don't flatter yourself xD

More like you got caught out and now you're saying it had nothing to do with the reason you originally posted it...

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can understand why so many governments have tried to deflate their COVID numbers. But it logically doesn't make any sense that they'd pump up the numbers to make the situation look worse.

Even if they had some sort of reason, like keeping everyone at home in order to: prevent tourists from coming in and shut down businesses... why on earth would they do that? They can't just tank the economy because they have some "nefarious reason" and expect everyone to just sit there and take it.

It also doesn't add up that they'd release something like 0 new cases in the UK yesterday if they were trying to pump up the numbers. Because that is directly contradicting the idea they're trying to inflate those numbers.

So my guess is: they aren't. The video you posted is from Israel, it's one of the most COVID vaccinated countries where they've got less care about COVID because of how well they've managed the virus. Why the fuck would they try to boost the covid numbers? Their ministry of tourism is trying really hard to get people to visit again. You can't do that if you're also running a campaign of trying to convince the world that COVID is still running rampant.

and thats what bothers me. it makes no sense for them to do it but they are doing it and have even admitted to doing it. some governments are making things look worst and some are making things look like things are not that bad. here is the perfect example.

india 23,317,414 infected. 253,705

pakistan. 864,557 infected 19,106 deaths. 

that is not possible. 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Errrrm...

they have said lots of covid deaths might not have been covid deaths after giving us stats about how many people have died from covid. so they were lying and addmited it. 

1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

they have said lots of covid deaths might not have been covid deaths after giving us stats about how many people have died from covid. so they were lying and addmited it. 

Can you provide the quotes please? 

Cheers.

1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

and thats what bothers me. it makes no sense for them to do it but they are doing it and have even admitted to doing it. some governments are making things look worst and some are making things look like things are not that bad. here is the perfect example.

india 23,317,414 infected. 253,705

pakistan. 864,557 infected 19,106 deaths. 

that is not possible. 

Why's that not possible? I do doubt the full accuracy of the extent of the virus in India and Pakistan... but those death-to-confirmed cases ratios are pretty much right in line with most countries.

2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

are you telling me you have not seen the government say a lot of covid deaths were  not covid deaths. 

Oh yes, that's it. 

"A lot of Covid deaths were not Covid deaths" - Boris Johnson, April 24th 2021.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Care to offer any shred of evidence why this isn’t possible? Any at all. Cheers.

well i have a theory. both have a very large population. both have high poverty rates. both have lets say not a great health care. both have a problem with millions of people that live in very small spaces. so both are the perfect place for a virus to spread and the border each other. so its not possible for them stats to be true. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

and thats what bothers me. it makes no sense for them to do it but they are doing it and have even admitted to doing it

So what better explanation is there for them to do it beside the fact that they need to do it for public health reasons?

I'm a maths teacher, even statistics is not an exact science by any means, before you start playing with numbers to work out averages, correlations, trends, death rates, risk, etc, you have to make a huge number of decisions about how to track data, which data to record, which data not to record, how to record it, what to do with it, how to report it, where to draw certain lines. Then if you find a better way or recording and reporting data after trying it out for a while, you start doing that instead. It's no cause for suspicion that different countries are reporting different statistics in different ways, and it's certainly not surprising to see countries altering the way they track and report data when they make mistakes and stumble across better options in an unprecedented situation like a pandemic.

Don't get me wrong, we should all think critically, and I'm not saying we should automatically believe everything we're told by governments and what you call the mainstream media. But if you're going to do that, you also have to take the same approach to things you see on social media or hear from your friends. And if the two end up getting pitted against each other, bear in mind that government departments and high profile media outlets have an awful lot more to lose than Dave down the pub or Auntie Doreen on Facebook if they get caught out peddling lies and spreading dangerous conspiracy, so it's not really very likely that it's the former sources that are doing it.

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Oh yes, that's it. 

"A lot of Covid deaths were not Covid deaths" - Boris Johnson, April 24th 2021.

mate if you think the way they count deaths is legit and think the 28 day bullshit is the way to go then fine. you are free to to believe what the government tell you. but im gonna question them if thats ok with you. 

4 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

well i have a theory. both have a very large population. both have high poverty rates. both have lets say not a great health care. both have a problem with millions of people that live in very small spaces. so both are the perfect place for a virus to spread and the border each other. so its not possible for them stats to be true. 

I have a theory that if I take some acting lessons and lose weight, I might get to fuck Rosie Huntington Whitely. But it’s just a theory.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

Oh you have a theory so it must be right.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

So what better explanation is there for them to do it beside the fact that they need to do it for public health reasons?

I'm a maths teacher, even statistics is not an exact science by any means, before you start playing with numbers to work out averages, correlations, trends, death rates, risk, etc, you have to make a huge number of decisions about how to track data, which data to record, which data not to record, how to record it, what to do with it, how to report it, where to draw certain lines. Then if you find a better way or recording and reporting data after trying it out for a while, you start doing that instead. It's no cause for suspicion that different countries are reporting different statistics in different ways, and it's certainly not surprising to see countries altering the way they track and report data when they make mistakes and stumble across better options in an unprecedented situation like a pandemic.

Don't get me wrong, we should all think critically, and I'm not saying we should automatically believe everything we're told by governments and what you call the mainstream media. But if you're going to do that, you also have to take the same approach to things you see on social media or hear from your friends. And if the two end up getting pitted against each other, bear in mind that government departments and high profile media outlets have an awful lot more to lose than Dave down the pub or Auntie Doreen on Facebook if they get caught out peddling lies and spreading dangerous conspiracy, so it's not really very likely that it's the former sources that are doing it.

when it comes to the MSM sometims the truth can be missleading. but years gone by when a person died they would do a postmortem on them and tell you exactly what killed them. thats what should be done now imo. 

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I have a theory that if I take some acting lessons and lose weight, I might get to fuck Rosie Huntington Whitely. But it’s just a theory.

ok. why do you think the stats between pakistan and india are so far apart. 

2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

when it comes to the MSM sometims the truth can be missleading. but years gone by when a person died they would do a postmortem on them and tell you exactly what killed them. thats what should be done now imo. 

Wait, every person that has died from Covid needs a post mortem xD?!

• Subscriber

According to those numbers India's death to infection rate is about 1.09% and Pakistan about 2.21%. It's absolutely bemusing that you think this is evidence of some sort of cover up on either side. I don't know anything about why their death rates differ but perhaps Pakistan has a lower testing capacity so they have more unreported cases knocking about that makes it appear that their Covid-19 victims are dying at a higher rate.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Wait, every person that has died from Covid needs a post mortem xD?!

Just incase they were in hospital for days or weeks on end, and then suddenly a car crashed in to the 5th floor of the hospital in to the ward they were in. So they have to check mate.

• Haha 2

Just now, Stan said:

Just incase they were in hospital for days or weeks on end, and then suddenly a car crashed in to the 5th floor of the hospital in to the ward they were in. So they have to check mate.

What about the driver of the car? Was he... a lover? :o