Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Bundesliga 2019/20 - [19. Spieltag] - 24-26th January, 2020

Friday 24th January, 2020
Borussia Dortmund vs Koln, 19.30

Saturday 25th January, 2020
Union Berlin vs Augsburg
Borussia Monchengladbach vs Mainz
Frankfurt vs RB Leipzig
Freiburg vs Paderborn
Wolfsburg vs Hertha Berlin
Bayern Munich vs Schalke, 17.30

Sunday 26th January, 2020
Werder Bremen vs Hoffenheim
Bayer Leverkusen vs Fortuna Dusseldorf, 17.00

Confidence must be high at Koln but I’d still be massively surprised if they get anything at Dortmund. 

There's a chance Kevin Vogt will be fit to play against Hoffenheim. Another must win for us.

Haaland on as sub again. 

Haaland scores again. 

The man is a machine. 

This kid is the real deal. Fantastic second goal. 18m was a fucking snip. 

Five goals in an hour on the pitch for Dortmund.

15 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Three goals in his first match, only two in his second- he's already degressing I see:ph34r:

Yeah, I was gonna say that. What's next?! Only 1 goal? Tosser!

Roman Bürki did it first! 

Been out since our game finished and seen RB Leipzig lost.

Decent.

23 hours ago, Rick said:

This kid is the real deal. Fantastic second goal. 18m was a fucking snip. 

Haaland is a beast of a forward. To think that he might even get better is frightening. He takes the chances that come his way superbly and he usually finishes in emphatic style. 

Haaland is just the player Dortmund needed, a scorer with a huge presence. The opposing defenders must dread facing the young Norwegian goalscoring machine.

4 hours ago, nudge said:

EPJGjQrXkAIQhV5?format=jpg&name=small

:x

What an important win for Frankfurt that was today. We have now beaten the 2 best teams in the league this season, Bayern by 5-1 and now RB Leipzig by 2-0. We also drew 2-2 with Dortmund this season, the 3rd outstanding team in the league.

It just goes to show that Frankfurt have real potential. However, inconsistency has been our downfall this season. For that, I think the manager Hutter has to take a large chunk of the blame and responsibility.

To be honest, Leipzig controlled the game today and they had many more chances than us. But we defended very well and we took our chances with clinical finishing, so I thought that it was a very professional performance from Frankfurt.

More wins like this and we should be climbing the table again. Another piece of good news for Frankfurt is that Paciencia has extended his contract at Frankfurt until 2023.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Michael said:

What an important win for Frankfurt that was today. We have now beaten the 2 best teams in the league this season, Bayern by 5-1 and now RB Leipzig by 2-0. We also drew 2-2 with Dortmund this season, the 3rd outstanding team in the league.

It just goes to show that Frankfurt have real potential. However, inconsistency has been our downfall this season. For that, I think the manager Hutter has to take a large chunk of the blame and responsibility.

To be honest, Leipzig controlled the game today and they had many more chances than us. But we defended very well and we took our chances with clinical finishing, so I thought that it was a very professional performance from Frankfurt.

More wins like this and we should be climbing the table again. Another piece of good news for Frankfurt is that Paciencia has extended his contract at Frankfurt until 2023.

Fantastic. I haven't had time to watch any of the matches this weekend so far, but I'm very happy with Frankfurt winning. Didn't expect them to so it's definitely a nice surprise. 

Paderborn winning against Freiburg was a surprise too (but it doesn't help us unfortunately). Happy with Union winning too.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Michael said:

Fantastic win, mate. I bet I was as happy as you were. Don't know whether I'd be more pissed to see Bayern lift die Schale for the umpteenth time in a row or L*****g for the first time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Enjoy it. I mean, incredible effort. Totally awesome. Time to take a breather and relax next week. Send out your C-Team. All your big wigs need to rest, I think, after all that effort. 

• Thanks 1

1-0 for Hoffenheim :( 

0-3. I'm fairly certain we're going to get relegated this time.

• Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

I'm scared. 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'm fairly certain we're going to get relegated this time.

• Sad 1

0-1 at half time, but we aren't playing badly. Even had some decent opportunities to score. Leverkusen's goal came out of nowhere as Suttner left Harvertz unmarked. But the performance gives me hope. There's still 45 minutes to be played, and we got Stöger on the bench. 

0-3 final score :( But we had some good moments. We could have scored 2-3 goals even. Ah well, on to the next one, I guess. Pleasing performance overall though. At least there was some kind of fighting spirit. 0-3 is a bit harsh in the end. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Fantastic win, mate. I bet I was as happy as you were. Don't know whether I'd be more pissed to see Bayern lift die Schale for the umpteenth time in a row or L*****g for the first time.

Yeah, well Gladbach, Dortmund and even Leverkusen are still in with a shout in the title race. Although I have to say that I personally think Bayern will win it yet again. I thought this to be the case even earlier in the season when Bayern weren't doing so well. They just have so much strength in depth, it's hard to bet against them winning it again this season.

20 hours ago, Tommy said:

Enjoy it. I mean, incredible effort. Totally awesome. Time to take a breather and relax next week. Send out your C-Team. All your big wigs need to rest, I think, after all that effort. 

xDxDxD

Yeah right mate, I am sure you'd love us to play our C team next week, maybe even better our Z team, lol.

Frankfurt aren't going to ease off at all and it will be full throttle once again next week and hopefully another win against Dusseldorf.

;):bye::P

10 minutes ago, Michael said:

xDxDxD

Yeah right mate, I am sure you'd love us to play our C team next week, maybe even better our Z team, lol.

Frankfurt aren't going to ease off at all and it will be full throttle once again next week and hopefully another win against Dusseldorf.

;):bye::P

We'll see. Our performance today against Leverkusen was actually pretty decent. We showed fighting spirit again, had some opportunities to score. I'm a little bit hopeful again for the first time in months. I think we have a chance against you. 

• Upvote 1

You can huff and puff all you like, you still came away with nothing but a defeat against Leverkusen, lol.

Banter aside, Frankfurt have been one of the most erratic teams this season.  We have beaten some of the best sides in the league and we've lost to some of the worst teams in the Bundesliga. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to Dusseldorf and yes, Fortuna played reasonably against Leverkusen, despite their defeat.

May the best team win next week.

• Like 1