talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus and Football

football forum

• Administrator

Rojo adds himself to the list of footballers being an absolute twat then. Pictured playing poker & smoking with friends.

Video was posted online by his brother as well xD. Since been deleted.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Dan said:

Surely that idea about bringing back the league with no relegations has to be bullshit?

If those bottom 6 all wriggle out of it and get another shot then sporting integrity will take an almighty fall.

Norwich especially, have been pitiful. How they deserve another shot is beyond me, let alone Villa and what they spent to avoid it.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

If those bottom 6 all wriggle out of it and get another shot then sporting integrity will take an almighty fall.

Norwich especially, have been pitiful. How they deserve another shot is beyond me, let alone Villa and what they spent to avoid it.

And it's ironic because it's the integrity they're questioning when it comes to having football with no fans xD 

Just do what the French have and end it where it is.

Liverpool as champions, City, Leicester and Chelsea in the Champions League, United, Wolves and Sheffield United in the Europa. 

Relegate Norwich and Villa and promote Leeds and West Brom. How you go about the last promotion/relegation place, I’m less sure. 

The neutral venues idea is batshit crazy and will just cause more of a fallout. 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Liverpool as champions, City, Leicester and Chelsea in the Champions League, United, Wolves and Sheffield United in the Europa. 

Relegate Norwich and Villa and promote Leeds and West Brom. How you go about the last promotion/relegation place, I’m less sure. 

If City are banned from Europe who would get that spot? Next in the league?

Chumpitaz' daughter claiming his father will be fine and we have him for longer. Good to hear some confidence. Hope this shithouse of a virus leaves his body as soon as possible.

• Administrator

La Liga hoping for June restart...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52535700

La Liga organisers are aiming for a June restart to the season, which was halted by the coronavirus crisis, as clubs return to training this week.

Players from the top two divisions will train individually after an agreement with Spain's sports and health authorities that guaranteed the safety of both players and staff.

Players must undergo test before they can return to training facilities.

Football in Spain was suspended indefinitely in March.

The country's top division has created detailed protocols for the return to training so proper health safeguards are observed. Part of this involves training sessions progressing from individual to small groups and then team training.

"These measures cover a period of approximately four weeks with different phases that, in any case, will be subject to the de-escalation process established by the government," a La Liga statement read.

"Together with the medical tests carried out by clubs, a staggered return to training has been implemented that will start with players training alone and with group activities prior to the return to competition, scheduled for June."

There are 11 rounds of matches remaining, with Barcelona top of the table, two points clear of rivals Real Madrid.

• Subscriber

I think there's no situation that won't come under some legal battle, so they'll just pick whatever leads to the easiest one weighed up against the most lucrative.

If they genuinely play on the season and then scrap relegation during it then I'll be totally convinced the whole thing is corrupt.

11 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

You. Cant. Relegate. A. Team. Who. Have. A. Game. In. Hand. Who. would. Be. Safe. If. They. Won. It.

I don't like villa but I'm beyond sick of people acting like this is so simple 

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You. Cant. Relegate. A. Team. Who. Have. A. Game. In. Hand. Who. would. Be. Safe. If. They. Won. It.

I don't like villa but I'm beyond sick of people acting like this is so simple 

Course you can. If they hadn’t been crap all year, they wouldn’t be moaning about a game in hand. That game in hand would have been a game against Manchester City, Sheffield United or Arsenal. 

Is the neutral venue idea such a bad one? If so, why? The only option of playing any football for a while is going to be behind closed doors, what does it matter if that's at St George's Park or whatever PL stadium?

• Administrator

10 players across top 2 divisions in Germany test positive but Bundesliga will return on 15th? Something tells me that will get pushed back... 

10 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Great read that. I've read his previous interview in the book mentioned in the link, reckoned it was someone like Troy Deeney or as you say, Mark Noble. Reads like someone from a proper working class background approaching the end of their career at a bottom half PL side.

• Administrator

A sign of things to come?

South Korean football returns tomorrow but with a lot of restrictions and new rules

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52495329

On Saturday, their players will join those of Belarus, Burundi, Tajikistan and Nicaragua - where league football carried on amid the pandemic - in taking to the field competitively.

Jeonbuk Motors - who have been champions for the past three seasons - face Suwon Bluewings in the opening game.

As well as the exclusion of supporters, special safety measures will be in place, including the banning of handshakes, restrictions on players talking to team-mates, opponents and officials, and coaches having to wear face masks.

"Excessive spitting or blowing of the nose is prohibited and players should refrain from close conversations," said K-League communication officer Woo Cheoung-sik.

"During the game, players who habitually spit or talk closely will be warned."

Australia international Adam Taggart, who was the K-League's top scorer last season with 20 goals, is unsure how those new rules will be policed.

We are still waiting to get a full explanation on that," Bluewings striker Taggart told BBC World Service Sport.

"The talking part, if that is correct, is going to be a tough one. Although I do not speak Korean, you can still communicate with your team-mates so I don't really understand if we are going to get punished if we do talk.

"You can just imagine there will be red cards left, right and centre if people are going to get punished for talking.

"I have heard that the coaching staff will be wearing masks and it probably sounds strange to everyone else but it is normal here. No-one would say anything about it - on the streets or in the shops, you would not see anyone without one. I wear a mask myself here so it is sort of second nature already.

"You feel a bit naked running about without a mask on. I almost feel naughty."

Though Taggart and his team-mates have had the luxury of stepping back on to the pitch again and competing in friendly matches, he says he feels "guilty" when thinking about other colleagues.

"It is a bittersweet feeling knowing a lot of your mates and people you played with, not just in football but in everyday working life, are in a difficult situation," says Taggart, who was at Fulham between 2014 and 2016 but failed to make a first-team appearance.

"Knowing what a lot of our mates are having to do back home in Australia, especially a few of the mates playing in Europe, it is difficult to see. Now that we have an actual date set for the league to start you probably do feel a little bit guilty.

"I think myself and the rest of the boys in Korea feel pretty lucky to be able to play games again and live life the way we were used to beforehand.

"It was nice to be back out there and enjoy a football game."

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Sounds shit. Players not able to talk to teammates and coaches with masks on so getting a message on the pitch will be harder. 

Yeah it's weird they can't talk to each other? I presume they mean within a certain distance? 

Archived