The better place to talk football.

Coronavirus and Football

football forum

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, tlr said:

Being reported now Sir Kenny Dalglish has tested positive :( Wishing him all the best. King Kenny was magic...

Went in for another reason and was tested as a precaution. Is currently not showing symptoms though which is good I guess!

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Went in for another reason and was tested as a precaution. Is currently not showing symptoms though which is good I guess!

I find it highly unlikely someone was just randomly tested for Covid showing absolutely no symptoms as a ‘precaution’. Sounds dodgy as fuck.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

I find it highly unlikely someone was just randomly tested for Covid showing absolutely no symptoms as a ‘precaution’. Sounds dodgy as fuck.

Maybe what he went in for was already an underlying condition :what:

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think it's inevitable mate. Even if not in the midst of the highest number of daily cases, but I feel like it will be someone huge as well. Maybe not UK based either but a world figure perhaps.

I just hope someone has David Attenborough wrapped up in cotton wool.

9 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

You'd think it would be standard procedure to test anyone being admitted to hospital at the moment. Certainly someone of his age who's more vulnerable

17 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You'd think it would be standard procedure to test anyone being admitted to hospital at the moment. Certainly someone of his age who's more vulnerable

It genuinely isn’t though. He’s been tested because he’s Kenny Dalglish. Simply the cult of celebrity. My auntie was admitted last week with something entirely unrelatable to Covid and she wasn’t tested, which has come as a massive surprise to me as everyone is saying that anyone admitted to hospital now for any reason IS automatically tested? 

7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

It genuinely isn’t though. He’s been tested because he’s Kenny Dalglish. Simply the cult of celebrity. My auntie was admitted last week with something entirely unrelatable to Covid and she wasn’t tested, which has come as a massive surprise to me as everyone is saying that anyone admitted to hospital now for any reason IS automatically tested? 

You seem surprised that a man likely going private has been tested, while us mere mortals aren’t tested  

• Subscriber

Much as it sounds like a typical idea shared by all the Dads on Facebook with a load of angry face emojis and a #disgrace hashtag I quite like the idea of any club furloughing staff being given a transfer ban for a year.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Much as it sounds like a typical idea shared by all the Dads on Facebook with a load of angry face emojis and a #disgrace hashtag I quite like the idea of any club furloughing staff being given a transfer ban for a year.

Mike Ashley likes this.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

They say there will probably be a 2nd and 3rd wave

Surprised you didn't say 2nd wave + 3rd wave = 5 waves which is the same amount of G that caused this :ph34r: 

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52316964

CL Final possibly at end of August. EL final 3 days earlier.

Uefa is working to plans that would see the Champions League final end the 2019-20 season on 29 August.

European football's governing body will meet on 23 April for more discussions about how to complete a campaign which has been disrupted by coronavirus.

It is likely one decision will be to agree that leagues could finish early, although only with Uefa's approval.

But the idea is still to finish the season as a whole at the end of August, with all outstanding games played.

That would mean the Champions League final taking place in Istanbul on 29 August, with the Europa League final in Gdansk three days earlier.

Two scenarios for getting to that situation are under consideration.

The first is to play the quarter-finals and semi-finals as two-legged matches as normal, in July and August.

The second would be for the games to be played as one-off fixtures after the end of the domestic seasons, potentially condensing the end of the competition into a week-long mini tournament.

Four of the eight Champions League quarter-finalists are already known, with Manchester City's high-profile encounter with Real Madrid one of the ties still to be concluded.

In the Europa League, scheduling is more complicated because all eight last-16 second-leg ties are still to be played, with two matches, involving Spanish and Italian teams, yet to

play the first legs.

Archived