talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

On 14/02/2018 at 08:34, LFCMadLad said:

You also thought we were robbed blind paying £28m for Bobby Firmino :ph34r:

I remember that I was the one that said it was a good signing. Only really knowledgeable one amongst these psychotic, emotionally led Arsenal fans. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Arsene Wenger says he plans to see out the remaining year and a half of his Arsenal contract amid speculation he could leave the Emirates at the end of the season.

The 68-year-old signed a two-year deal at the end of last season but, with the Gunners looking likely to miss out on the top four of the Premier League for a second successive season, there have been suggestions Wenger could leave a year early.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16 February 2018 at 16:59, The Palace Fan said:

Too right!

He ain't going nowhere and I hope he stays and if he hasn't fixed the crap he's created by the time his contract has come to its conclusion, then he should be offered another one because this is a problem owned by him and those on the board, which means in business terms that they should solve the problem as they're getting paid to do this exact job.

He can't go anywhere!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Too right!

He ain't going nowhere and I hope he stays and if he hasn't fixed the crap he's created by the time his contract has come to its conclusion, then he should be offered another one because this is a problem owned by him and those on the board, which means in business terms that they should solve the problem as they're getting paid to do this exact job.

He can't go anywhere!!!

He be like Mr Burns 😄

Arsenal have recorded a £25.1m profit after player sales eased the cost of missing out on the Champions League.

The club's latest financial figures, which account for the six months leading up to November 30, 2017, show a £23.4m drop in turnover after the Gunners failed to qualify for Europe's elite club competition for the first time in 20 years.

Arsene Wenger believes Arsenal still have time to salvage their season despite being 10 points off the top four places.

It was a case of déjà vu as Manchester City swatted aside Arsenal 3-0 in Pep Guardiola's 100th game in charge on Thursday night.

After meeting in the Carabao Cup final four days earlier, where City triumphed 3-0, a huge gulf between the two clubs was on show again in freezing conditions at the Emirates Stadium.

He has to say that, doesn't he? He can't exactly come out and say "Yeah nah, we're fucked m8. Season over, let's go to the beach".

He is right, though. They're still in the Europa League, and winning that would constitute a successful season in my opinion, but they have to put all their eggs in that basket because 5th place isn't an achievement (especially as they've already qualified for Europe next season via the league cup - I think?) and 4th is out of their reach.

24 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

He has to say that, doesn't he? He can't exactly come out and say "Yeah nah, we're fucked m8. Season over, let's go to the beach".

He is right, though. They're still in the Europa League, and winning that would constitute a successful season in my opinion, but they have to put all their eggs in that basket because 5th place isn't an achievement (especially as they've already qualified for Europe next season via the league cup - I think?) and 4th is out of their reach.

That's rubbish!

Coaches use self criticism all the time and I can bring up dozens and dozens of quotes from coaches past and present on that detail.  What you meant to say is that ARSENE WENGER can't come out and use auto-criticism and to be honest he's a different version of the same outcome (in this argument) of Mourinho who's never been to blame for a negative result of the team he's managed.

As for the Europa League, unless someone else knocks out a couple of seriously better sides than ours beforehand, we've got no chance.  A lot is being made of the AC Milan clash which is all nonsense and trying to big up the whole encounter when Milan are nothing on what they used to be and are infant a very very average side.  We should eliminate them even in our present state without too many issues but I understand that the fact we are very likely to this this and coupled with what's going on now, that would create a wonderfully made up media propaganda fantasy that could get them (the media) of their back and hopefully help bring back some form.

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's rubbish!

Coaches use self criticism all the time and I can bring up dozens and dozens of quotes from coaches past and present on that detail.  What you meant to say is that ARSENE WENGER can't come out and use auto-criticism and to be honest he's a different version of the same outcome (in this argument) of Mourinho who's never been to blame for a negative result of the team he's managed.

As for the Europa League, unless someone else knocks out a couple of seriously better sides than ours beforehand, we've got no chance.  A lot is being made of the AC Milan clash which is all nonsense and trying to big up the whole encounter when Milan are nothing on what they used to be and are infant a very very average side.  We should eliminate them even in our present state without too many issues but I understand that the fact we are very likely to this this and coupled with what's going on now, that would create a wonderfully made up media propaganda fantasy that could get them (the media) of their back and hopefully help bring back some form.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to Italian football. AC Milan are actually in very good form right now. I'd say they're favourites right now.

Just now, 6666 said:

You obviously haven't been paying attention to Italian football. AC Milan are actually in very good form right now. I'd say they're favourites right now.

I watch almost every game I can (obviously mostly Napoli) but I've watched quite a bit of AC Milan lately and their results have indeed picked up (excluding the performance against Lazio which was rubbish in the Coppa).  Even with that we're better than them!

I don't know, I'm quite pessimistic about how we'll do. I think form counts for a lot especially as Gattuso has this AC Milan team aggresively closing down and playing with a lot of motivation whereas we seem to be just dead inside.

Maybe I just have to remember that it's Man City that battered us twice with ease and that AC Milan are no Man City but the whole feeling around the club is down right now and I think that will affect us. Not even too confident about a result against Brighton.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I watch almost every game I can (obviously mostly Napoli) but I've watched quite a bit of AC Milan lately and their results have indeed picked up (excluding the performance against Lazio which was rubbish in the Coppa).  Even with that we're better than them!

not right now.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

I don't know, I'm quite pessimistic about how we'll do. I think form counts for a lot especially as Gattuso has this AC Milan team aggresively closing down and playing with a lot of motivation whereas we seem to be just dead inside.

Maybe I just have to remember that it's Man City that battered us twice with ease and that AC Milan are no Man City but the whole feeling around the club is down right now and I think that will affect us. Not even too confident about a result against Brighton.

AC Milan aren't in the same universe where football is in question. We are much much better than Milan even in our present state but there are at least two other sides remaining in the competition that would wipe the floor with us even blindfolded... There are further others that could eliminate us but I would still be expectant.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

not right now.

Right now why?  Because of results?

Thats neither here nor there because their results are coming from endeavour and not from quality football. Endeavour is worthy of merit but quality supersedes this.  We are a better side than them!

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Right now why?  Because of results?

Thats neither here nor there because their results are coming from endeavour and not from quality football. Endeavour is worthy of merit but quality supersedes this.  We are a better side than them!

well I've watched them play too and they seem to be clicking more than Arsenal are right now. 

They're not exactly playing shit football, are they? 

It's all well and good having 'quality' players but it means fuck all if the manager isn't getting the best out of them. Right now, Wenger isn't doing that with the standard of players at his disposal. AC Milan have a good standard of players too and Gattuso is doing well with them (after a dodgy start). 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Welcome back to the forum @bozziovai :)! Haven't seen you around in a while how are things? 

thanks.    been busy with family ( my 1 year old son's teeth has started popping out ) and work.  haven't touched any forums in awhile .....  and you ?? hope things are good at your end  :) 

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

All good my end mate (thanks for asking :)!). Family life can be crazy at times, keeps you on your toes for sure. Hope to see you around here when the World Cup kicks off!

no worries, i'll be here during the World Cup.   thanks for the warm reception :P