talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

10 hours ago, Spike said:

Terrible arguement. The Avalanche just had a shit coach, Patrick Roy is an idiot. They won the division as recently as 2014 during the years where the central was heads above the toughest division. The team is solid, Duchene, Soderberg, Landeskog, MacKinnon, Varlamov, and a few others. They won the SC under Kroenke.

But hockey is probably the most cyclical of American sports. Nuggets & Rams are both super shite. Idk about their MLS sides, I can't listen to American commentators without feeling deeply disturbed so I can't watch it.

I suggest reading the Usmanov letter though.

53 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

But hockey is probably the most cyclical of American sports. Nuggets & Rams are both super shite. Idk about their MLS sides, I can't listen to American commentators without feeling deeply disturbed so I can't watch it.

I suggest reading the Usmanov letter though.

American sports are fixed. 

Arsenal squad at this current moment, if the ones leave and no one comes in, I dont think this is good enough to get a top 4 finish for some seasons unless there is serious reinvestment plus a new manager to do it.

Debuchy - Will be gone today

Mertesacker - retiring at the of the season

Koscielny 

Sanchez - Probably will be gone by today

Ramsey

Lacazette

Wilshere - Will probably be gone today

Ozil - might go today or if not free next season

Giroud

Ospina

Walcott

Iwobi

Monreal

Cazorla - always injured

Mustafi - probably will be gone today

Chambers - will be gone today

Adelaide

Welbeck

Bellerin

Campbell - club want to loan him out again

Lucas Perez - probably will be gone today

Xhaka

Niles

Kolasinac

Cech

Coquelin

Elneny

Nelson

Edited by VanPanna

1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The nba might be fixed but highly doubt the NFL or college football are fixed 

Any country that can accomplish getting something like the WWE into being recognised as a sport should be seen as very suspicious with every single one of their sports.

Anyway...  What's a "World Series" when the world doesn't participate and couldn't give a shit?

• Administrator
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Any country that can accomplish getting something like the WWE into being recognised as a sport should be seen as very suspicious with every single one of their sports.

Anyway...  What's a "World Series" when the world doesn't participate and couldn't give a shit?

Why is it called 'Champions League' when teams who weren't champions play in it...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

WWE isn't recognised as a sport and the company doesn't list itself as one [and hasn't for a very long time]. Only prior to the 80s and in the south was wrestling taken as a serious piece of entertainment.

Because the winners were called the 'World's Champions [of baseball]' and over a hundred years ago they essentially were.

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Because the winners were called the 'World's Champions [of baseball]' and over a hundred years ago they essentially were.

It's a bit retarded to call anyone "world champions" when around 100 years ago they were the only ones playing the sport.

Football's a weird one too - the winners of the Superbowl are "World Champions" and yeah, they'd probably beat the fuck out of their Canadian counterparts in a final... but it's the NATIONAL football league. If anything they are national champions.

I think Wenger played everyone here, he knew he had no chance of getting Lemar and to what he thinks will take the pressure of him a bit by setting out to spend 92 million so at least he said he was out there trying to do something massive, it was just a smoke screen.  They are clearly holding Sanchez hostage, its a very desperate state of affairs.  Arsenal still had time after the French game to do the deal as Brighton have now till 1am to sign Vincent Janssen who always played in the same game as Lemar.  The whole thing just stinks and Wenger again gets away with it and everyone involved in the stupid club.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

I think Wenger played everyone here, he knew he had no chance of getting Lemar and to what he thinks will take the pressure of him a bit by setting out to spend 92 million so at least he said he was out there trying to do something massive, it was just a smoke screen.  They are clearly holding Sanchez hostage, its a very desperate state of affairs.  Arsenal still had time after the French game to do the deal as Brighton have now till 1am to sign Vincent Janssen who always played in the same game as Lemar.  The whole thing just stinks and Wenger again gets away with it and everyone involved in the stupid club.

I believe this is called "The Kenwright Special". Time to swap the #WengerOut banners for the WHERE'S THE ARTETA MONEY banners.

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's a bit retarded to call anyone "world champions" when around 100 years ago they were the only ones playing the sport.

Football's a weird one too - the winners of the Superbowl are "World Champions" and yeah, they'd probably beat the fuck out of their Canadian counterparts in a final... but it's the NATIONAL football league. If anything they are national champions.

But it never used to be national as they were the only one playing it.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

WWE isn't recognised as a sport and the company doesn't list itself as one [and hasn't for a very long time]. Only prior to the 80s and in the south was wrestling taken as a serious piece of entertainment.

Yeah mate, but I don't give a damn how things are seen in the US of A.  The term "World" in the rest of the world, means WORLD, as in the whole world. xD

Anyway...

Had someone told most Arsenal fans at the start of the summer that we wouldn't be signing anyone, I'm sure we'd all be saying they're mad.  But the way things have panned out with a couple that are on their final contractual season and other factors on sales, then this is going to be one hell of a season.

It's probably the most curious season we've had at Arsenal for many a year in my view...  The whole thing is a mystery and I have no idea what to expect.  Will Wenger pull from the youth setup?  If he does that, he could actually save himself a lot of flack because surely the fans won't turn on their own, I know I won't.

But if the same old play with the reduced numbers we now have.  Then it could turn into a nightmare...

Why was Ox sold but not Walcott, I personally would have liked to see Walcott gone instead of Ox. Still there is so much of dead weight in the team and nothing really was added in the most important areas. 

Arent arsenal the only team in the league without a proper defensive midfielder who knows to tackle and win the ball? The closest and the best option the club has is Coquelin 

4 hours ago, Asura said:

Why was Ox sold but not Walcott, I personally would have liked to see Walcott gone instead of Ox. Still there is so much of dead weight in the team and nothing really was added in the most important areas. 

Arent arsenal the only team in the league without a proper defensive midfielder who knows to tackle and win the ball? The closest and the best option the club has is Coquelin 

Because Walcott has done far more for this club and is a superior player. Walcott is by no means a world beater but it's easy to forget he bagged 19 goals last season. Which is more than Ox managed in his whole Arsenal career pretty much.

Edited by Chaaay AFC
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Thats a different debate entirely. I think it depends on the rules being played. The CFL is quite different, from the rules to the size of the field even. 

37 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

I think the OX was lost at Arsenal, played in so many positions.

Yeah because he was never good enough to hold down any position. There were always players better than him in any of the positions he played. Not to forget he missed more games than he played at Arsenal through injury.

One of the most hot and cold players around and 8 times out of 10 he's cold.