• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Storts said:

Hahaha - hear the same every summer. Look how much United spent last summer, we just got better than them. Same with City. You're completely naive if you think largely this move isn't about money.

And Man United won two trophies to be fair. Until Tottenham prove they can actually get across the line it's very hard to argue that a player like Kyle Walker will win more trophies at Spurs in the next five years than if he moves to City or United. That's not to say you're wrong about money being the primary motivation though. 

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

And Man United won two trophies to be fair. Until Tottenham prove they can actually get across the line it's very hard to argue that a player like Kyle Walker will win more trophies at Spurs in the next five years than if he moves to City or United. That's not to say you're wrong about money being the primary motivation though. 

I'm not necessarily arguing that mate - they may well do. I'm saying that money is the primary motivation, because if the money on offer was equal at both clubs would he be moving? I sincerely doubt it 

• Subscriber
Just now, Storts said:

I'm not necessarily arguing that mate - they may well do. I'm saying that money is the primary motivation, because if the money on offer was equal at both clubs would he be moving? I sincerely doubt it 

Fair enough then, was Walker not rattled a bit by losing game time to Trippier? Or was he dropped because he was making noises about leaving? Which way round was it?

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Fair enough then, was Walker not rattled a bit by losing game time to Trippier? Or was he dropped because he was making noises about leaving? Which way round was it?

The latter...although even that was overblown, they had been rotating a game each since January - just so happened the big games came on Trippier's 'turn'. Don't think Poch took too kindly to him having his head turned like that in season though - so he's happy to see him go.  

22 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

£2m-£3m is very low risk. He'll start in the under 23's and play early cup games and if he doesn't develop as expected we'll still probably double our money when we sell him on. If he does develop and is a success then great. 

RB Leipzig also offered him a contract which is encouraging because their scouting network has been brilliant and their record of signing young, hidden gems is top notch. 

img_pmorata_20170501-142059_imagenes_md_

Newcastle United in for Carles Aleña

Quite a number of clubs have set their eyes on one of the few Barça youth players to have made it to the first team squad this season.  One of those has been the midfielder Carles Aleña who can play in various roles throughout the midfield and even as a false 9.  At 19 years of age the player made an impact on Luis Enrique who from Christmas called him to the first team from Barcelona 'B' and there he stayed all the way to the season with various appearances in the Copa del Rey and 3 in La Liga as substitute.

Rafa Benítez has been in touch with Barça but they've told him that he's not for sale.  So apparently the enquiries are now on a loan deal for two seasons which hasn't yet had a response from FC Barcelona.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

£2m-£3m is very low risk. He'll start in the under 23's and play early cup games and if he doesn't develop as expected we'll still probably double our money when we sell him on. If he does develop and is a success then great. 

RB Leipzig also offered him a contract which is encouraging because their scouting network has been brilliant and their record of signing young, hidden gems is top notch. 

Good luck. 

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

hahaha...  bloody predictive spelling correction! xD

Meant to say "False 9" >:(

Ah. Smiley Culture has given me low self esteem for being English, I thought it was some new superior foreign position we haven't got here in the middle ages

13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

With what?

Hasn't impressed at Vitesse and a bit one dimensional, but the potential is somewhere there. Add to that he demands high wages even though he hasn't exactly done anything in top flight football. 

Good business for you lot though I have to say. Either he develops into a great player after spending a penny on him, or he turns into a flop in which you could possibly sell him for the same amount. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Hasn't impressed at Vitesse and a bit one dimensional, but the potential is somewhere there. Add to that he demands high wages even though he hasn't exactly done anything in top flight football. 

Good business for you lot though I have to say. Either he develops into a great player after spending a penny on him, or he turns into a flop in which you could possibly sell him for the same amount. 

He's not on high wages at all to be fair. We have a salary cap for our youth players of 20k a week and that's exactly what he'll be on according to reports. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's not on high wages at all to be fair. We have a salary cap for our youth players of 20k a week and that's exactly what he'll be on according to reports. 

He demanded 60K from us. After doing sod all. 

Don't know if his ego will carry on down the line. 

• Administrator

no surprise there with Mahrez. 'it's time to move on'. Probably got a move lined up already. 

Good luck to him. Got no qualms with him wanting to move on. He's possibly been the most talented player we've ever had. Provided us with so many jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring moments in the 4 years he's been here. Just hope we get a decent fee for him now!

34 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He demanded 60K from us. After doing sod all. 

Don't know if his ego will carry on down the line. 

nah

5 hours ago, Storts said:

Hahaha - hear the same every summer. Look how much United spent last summer, we just got better than them. Same with City. You're completely naive if you think largely this move isn't about money.

You are Naive if you think Walker is joining us just for money mate  ..we are putting together a young team that will soon be the best in the world

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You are Naive if you think Walker is joining us just for money mate  ..we are putting together a young team that will soon be the best in the world

Alright mate - can't take anything you say seriously, it's all drivel. I'm with Artful Dodger on this one.

It's money money money, the only reason you're even at the table, otherwise you'd be back languishing in the lower leagues where you belong.

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Alright mate - can't take anything you say seriously, it's all drivel. I'm with Artful Dodger on this one.

It's money money money, the only reason you're even at the table, otherwise you'd be back languishing in the lower leagues where you belong.

I see you are very butt hurt over this, the big teams have always been able to cherry pick from the likes of spurs, you will get over it fruit, hang in there x

Think that's it for us in our Sanchez pursuit as we have moved our interests to Bernardeschi of Fiorentina. Thought he was nailed on to move to Juve but apparently we are trying to work something out. Great signing if this manages to go though 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

It's probably more to do with Arsenal telling Chelsea that they are no way selling them Sanchez 

If the money's right and Alexis does actually want to leave, then by our standards at Arsenal, we don't mind selling to rivals mate.  History teaches us many things. ;)

Archived