talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah I've got nothing against Chelsea other than the few idiot fans they've got who are: 1.) racists and/or 2.) idiots that try to make it out like they're big rivals of us somehow - although I think part of it was fueled by the media with Rafa v Mourinho, Gerrard v Lampard, etc... Well and John Terry, I absolutely hate John Terry. But he doesn't play for them anymore so who gives a fuck about him.

Them being likeable is a welcome return, imo.

Well not in the rival sense of a local derby or a deep ideological hatred but their was definitely a huuuuge competitive rivalry from around 2007-2012.  The two teams just played eachother too often for it not be heated for those few years, but I think that microcosm of English football is very much over. Technically every team is a rival for they are all competing against one another, but you know what I mean.

Chelsea suffers through their locality, they barely play Fulham, QPR, and Brentford, so people fill in the blanks with Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, etc.

Well, John Terry I don't know about him really, he was an adulterer, did weird unsolicited tours of Stamford Bridge, and whatever happened between him and whatever Ferdinand it was; all seem a little weird in the sense that a lot of ex-teammates speak highly of him and he seems to have a great rapport with whatever fans stomach him. Seems like an average intelligence bloke that makes really stupid decision occasionally. 

Every player has done weird shit, Terry's have been blown out of propotion, but even players that are generally loved like Gerrard (punched a bloke at a nightclub) and Lampard (was pissed at an airport and made fun of American tourists during 9/11, allegedly) have done it. Maybe it is the people I know, but nearly everyone has done something bad that they shouldn't have; even if they are good people.

I have done a piece on why Mason Mount deserves his call-up. There seems to be a bit of opposition to Southgates choice so I thought I'd post this in a more Chelsea friendly environment haha.

https://footyfiles.net/2019/08/29/mason-mount-england-call-up-deserved/

If anyone would like to give it a read, feedback would be much appreciated.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, FootyFiles said:

I have done a piece on why Mason Mount deserves his call-up. There seems to be a bit of opposition to Southgates choice so I thought I'd post this in a more Chelsea friendly environment haha.

https://footyfiles.net/2019/08/29/mason-mount-england-call-up-deserved/

If anyone would like to give it a read, feedback would be much appreciated.

Did you do that write up?? 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Nice work.. very in depth detail, must have taken a while to put together

It was easier than expected to be honest. I watched all the games that I mentioned and it was noticeable how much of a talent he looks.

The time consuming part was trawling through the stats to get my point across haha

Thank you for the feedback too, much appreciated.

15 hours ago, Spike said:

Well not in the rival sense of a local derby or a deep ideological hatred but their was definitely a huuuuge competitive rivalry from around 2007-2012.  The two teams just played eachother too often for it not be heated for those few years, but I think that microcosm of English football is very much over. Technically every team is a rival for they are all competing against one another, but you know what I mean.

Chelsea suffers through their locality, they barely play Fulham, QPR, and Brentford, so people fill in the blanks with Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, etc.

Well, John Terry I don't know about him really, he was an adulterer, did weird unsolicited tours of Stamford Bridge, and whatever happened between him and whatever Ferdinand it was; all seem a little weird in the sense that a lot of ex-teammates speak highly of him and he seems to have a great rapport with whatever fans stomach him. Seems like an average intelligence bloke that makes really stupid decision occasionally. 

Every player has done weird shit, Terry's have been blown out of propotion, but even players that are generally loved like Gerrard (punched a bloke at a nightclub) and Lampard (was pissed at an airport and made fun of American tourists during 9/11, allegedly) have done it. Maybe it is the people I know, but nearly everyone has done something bad that they shouldn't have; even if they are good people.

Well I feel like a lot of Chelsea fans took the “we are competing with each other rivalry” and tried to make it something more - which may have had something to do with London ex-United fans hopping aboard a new team. But there was a lot of bile coming from the London side of that competitive rivalry - some prominent lawyer that’s a Chelsea fan even joined in on it. And then got himself fired. You wouldn’t so much see it on our little forum, but pretty much anywhere else. The general consensus from the LFC side of things was “lol plastic club, plastic rivalry”

I wouldn’t so much equate what Lampard and Gerrard did while drunk as the same as Terry fucking Bridge’s wife or his alleged racial abuse of Rio Ferdinand. Nor would I equate his constant moaning at referees, going full kit wanker to lift trophies he didn’t win (even with Villa’s promotion lol), or having that stupid cunty face as the same as Gerrard and Lampard being twats when they were drunk.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well I feel like a lot of Chelsea fans took the “we are competing with each other rivalry” and tried to make it something more - which may have had something to do with London ex-United fans hopping aboard a new team. But there was a lot of bile coming from the London side of that competitive rivalry - some prominent lawyer that’s a Chelsea fan even joined in on it. And then got himself fired. You wouldn’t so much see it on our little forum, but pretty much anywhere else. The general consensus from the LFC side of things was “lol plastic club, plastic rivalry”

I wouldn’t so much equate what Lampard and Gerrard did while drunk as the same as Terry fucking Bridge’s wife or his alleged racial abuse of Rio Ferdinand. Nor would I equate his constant moaning at referees, going full kit wanker to lift trophies he didn’t win (even with Villa’s promotion lol), or having that stupid cunty face as the same as Gerrard and Lampard being twats when they were drunk.

It was Bridges ex-girlfriend xD Besides, being drunk doesn't excuse any behaviour, that is a child's excuse.

40 minutes ago, Spike said:

It was Bridges ex-girlfriend xD Besides, being drunk doesn't excuse any behaviour, that is a child's excuse.

It doesn’t excuse it, but it’s more understandable that someone’s more of a twat when they’re drunk. As opposed to someone who is a twat all the time

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

2 years now 

But he’s looked especially bad to me this season. Like an obvious weak link - in the last 2 years I think there have been other obvious weak links (Alonso, Willian). But in these few matches at the beginning of the season he’s just not looking up to par with the rest of his teammates.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Btw it’s nice to see Tammy get 4 in 2 games after he was subject to racial abuse after missing that penalty in the super cup. Shows a strong attitude and obviously bodes well for his future.

Lifted his spirits a bit for sure, don't know if it was blind luck a tactical masterstroke by Lampard but he kept faith in the face of the nay sayers and played him against both the clubs he played against last season when he was in the Championship with Villa so they may have been more the defensive level he was used to going against previously which may have helped the cause.. either way it's given him a springboard now.. 

Few issues can be solved with Kante, Ruben, James, and Rudiger back. However, there are still tactical issues Frank needs to sort out. One being controlling the intensity in our press, as we continue to allow gaps in midfield. 

Surely our best lineup when everyone fit. Pulisic to be an impact player until he gets the feel of the prem. (CHO plays nothing until he signs a new deal) 

Kepa

James---Christensen---Rudiger---Emerson

Jorginho

Kante-----Ruben

Pedro-------------------Mount

Tammy 

Died a little when the equalizer went in, we were poor in the second Sheffield deserved that. Dropped two points from a 2-0 lead is what i am unhappy about. The subs were all very poor (Gilmour is a kid) and Willian shouldn't even start in the cups extremely poor attitude and his work rate is shit. Azpilicueta has been poor but i think if he is dropped could do a world of good to him. He is the new Ivanović before he left, he is the scapegoat we all need. Azpilicueta can easily fit as a CB and do a great job. Tomori has been very good didn't put a wrong foot in. With Rudiger returning i can see him and Christensen starting every league or every important game. While Zouma and Tomori will be options for Cup games. Kante should also return and possibly even Hudson Odoi who is training for awhile now. Wolves away and Liverpool home next and we have Valencia in between could be a tough period for us.

15 hours ago, Cicero said:

Barkley “If we beat Liverpool 3-0 this result won’t matter”

Oh fuck off will you. Never having my hopes up for him again. 

So good at pre season, then returned to his usual self. Mount, Ruben all should be ahead of him when fit. He is just an average player with glimps of quality, he will never be a big player for a top six side.

Saying all this how horrendous is Willian? He didn't break a sweat in any of his cameos this season. Why didn't we sell him when Barcelona offered silly money for him? Don't see why Lampard kept him he offers nothing. I'd rather keep Kenedy who would die on the pitch to do well than Willian who can score an ocassional free kick.