talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

I couldn't stand Terry for a number of reasons and I really enjoyed his slip in the CL final. However, to say that he wasn't a top quality centreback who was very good on the ball as well as being solid defensively is madness. Great leader too and there isn't many of them about these days

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Bridge’s ex-girlfriend. 

10 years later you’d think people would get it right.  

Oh if it was only his girlfriend then that's ok :P

Still shifty knobbin your mates ex. It is where I come from anyway. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

Tomori has been amazing since coming in, our best centre back at the moment.

I'm also actually quite happy with Willian at the moment. On the ball, he can be frustrating but his level of work rate so far this season is perhaps the highest it's been since the Mourinho days. I will always take the view that if a player's productivity is hit and miss but they are working hard and giving their all, then that's OK. Of course, you should prefer the player that is likely to offer more productivity perhaps in the long run as long as the work rate is acceptable as well and a player shouldn't start a game solely because 'they work hard' but in Willian's case I think it's a good sign. Part of the reason I've got annoyed with him post-Mourinho is that for me he's always seemed a bit lazy. For the time being, he's probably justifying his starting position.

On Alonso as well, his crossing has been decent (for his previous standards) the last couple of games but it's also twice in a couple of games where's he's been dangerously beaten in the air from a set-piece. If that Brighton chance had gone in, we would have found ourselves in deep water in a game that we completely dominated and where we should have scored 3-5 goals.

Edited by carefreeluke

Agreed on Tomori superb, and he has only Luiz to thank for giving him this chance as he would probably be loaned out. I was usually on Christensen's back but he has improved under Lampard and looks very solid to be fair. Barkley was super poor and he is so sloppy on the ball. Probably our worst player against Brighton, while the others were all on good form but very poor finishing especially from Pedro who is usually lethal in key chances. Shame for Tammy again in two good chances, should have had at least one just like against Liverpool. Big game on Wednesday against Lille, if we lose don't think we will manage to qualify even a draw would leave us in a bad position. Hope for a strong team and a good performance.

Edited by True Blue

What a season we are having! The clubs decision to employ Frank again and his far from polished leadership coupled with the flood of Chelsea made talent airing in every game we play is fuelling the heart of this old time Chelsea fan each time I find my seat in the ground.

I sit there flick through the programme read through about another youngster who won the FA Youth cup n has a chance of being on the bench to make his debut, then watch him run out with the others. Will we win? How the F*** do I know?? Haha, We attack as thou its all hands to the pump at a Fire saving lives. We defend as thou the players saw the fixed odds on the other side to score 2 or more and they decided their wages could do with a slice of the action!

I am sure I have commented before that for the last 15 or so years, I sat n knew we were going to win in the vast majority of games. Today, Franks fledglings may well be in the wrong side of a 9 goal thriller, be the better side in a loss to a so called better side, or not be able to get over the line is a game were we should have put it too bed before half time. Those games all hurt some, but these boys, while bred to win as they have done all through their youth careers at the club, are learning a new level of consistency and we will be there cheering them on as they do. Well worth a season ticket n a day out to Belgium.

As much as I am thrilled with Franks appointment it has to be said he hasn’t got a Scoobies from the bench. I presume he will get better, but I am not alone around my seat who laugh when he makes his substitutions.

Mason Mount is his fav and while he started like a house on Fire, he sure should have been whipped off the pitch early in a few of the later games (maybe not started). Teams have him sussed for the most part, sitting on his right peg as he attacks down the left side. It will be very interesting what happens to Mount now Callum is back fit. In the few minutes he was on the pitch last night he did far more than Mason. With Willian outstanding on the other flank our Frank faces a test on his opinion on the starting wide players. He seems to have ousted Pulisic who didn’t even make the bench last night, a decision I feel is one of those “last bloke in from previous regime” suffers.

On Willian, as one the guys who has stuck up for him throughout his Chelsea career, one feels I should highlight how well he is playing. Gutted he left the pitch last night with an injury. The flipside of Willian, but for some reason gaining huge praise from the manager is Jorginho. For me is continues to be a waste of space. I believe this is a worry as he is the weak point (other than both left backs) of the team. Did anyone else see the article where someone posted a video of a referee out running Jorginho during a game?

Much more could be said, dont have time.

Lastly, Tomori. Any good? 

Footnote: A few are stating the Chelsea manager will have well over 300 million too spend once our ban is lifted. Baring in mind the youngsters coming to fruition from the academy, makes you wonder who might be our Eric Cantona?

Just now, BartraPique1932 said:

Saw Pulisic making an assist today, but I heard he's struggling big time lately. What do you guys think? Will he be sold next winter/summer?

Lampard is easying him in. Pep did a similar thing with Bernardo. 

There's quality in Pulisic. 4 assists in 7 games. 

• Upvote 1

What positions in the starting eleven will you strengthen in the Summer? If Reece James settles into the side as well as Mount, Abraham, CHO and Tomori have then without pushing the youngsters out I can only see you needing to strengthen at left back and then maybe in midfield? Especially if Kanté goes in the Summer.

52 minutes ago, Danny said:

What positions in the starting eleven will you strengthen in the Summer? If Reece James settles into the side as well as Mount, Abraham, CHO and Tomori have then without pushing the youngsters out I can only see you needing to strengthen at left back and then maybe in midfield? Especially if Kanté goes in the Summer.

We will probably get a ST, RW, LB, and a CB. 

Kante isn't going anywhere. xD

52 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We will probably get a ST, RW, LB, and a CB. 

Kante isn't going anywhere. xD

I don’t think the rumours in the topic are real but as he’s pushing 30 now surely he’d want to play for a European giant if they came in for him