talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Klopp v Pep

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So basically you are relating expectation to the amount of money spent?

I rest my case.

What case? There is more expectation on Guardiola to succeed at City than Klopp at Liverpool, there was more expectation from day one.

Prior to Klopp taking over you had Rodgers and Hodgson in charge, this biggest club in England sentiment doesn’t wash when talking about expectation at the club. Clearly the pressure was not that high compared to City if you previously employed managers from Swansea and West Brom

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It's the myth Klopp made a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Even Klopp now recognises how much of a hypocrite he sounded, so its a little funny hearing some Liverpool fans still conjure up this lie when there is a discussion on Klopp or Pep. 

Both spent money to compete. Breaking records on the way. There's nothing wrong with that given what football is today. 

I've never said that. We've obviously spent money, but equally it's moronic to pretend our approach to squad building, level of spending, or ability to spend effectively, is in any way equivalent to City's.

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

What case? There is more expectation on Guardiola to succeed at City than Klopp at Liverpool, there was more expectation from day one.

Prior to Klopp taking over you had Rodgers and Hodgson in charge, this biggest club in England sentiment doesn’t wash when talking about expectation at the club. Clearly the pressure was not that high compared to City if you previously employed managers from Swansea and West Brom

Which makes the job Klopp has done even more remarkable compared to Pep who took over the best and richest club in the country.

Who is best?

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I know im biased but here is my take...

In Germany Pep took over the dominant side, bought all the leagues best players. Klopp built a team and made Pep look like a cunt.

In England Pep took over the dominent club and outspent everyone in the league. Klopp meanwhile built a team and is yet again making Pep look like a cunt.

Who is the best manager?

Id take Klopp after Pep leaves tbf   ..Pep's teams are better to watch though

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I've never said that. We've obviously spent money, but equally it's moronic to pretend our approach to squad building, level of spending, or ability to spend effectively, is in any way equivalent to City's.

Right but the premise remains the same. Both Klopp and Pep spent loads to get where they are. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Which makes the job Klopp has done even more remarkable compared to Pep who took over the best and richest club in country.

Who is best?

My initial point was that Klopp has not proven himself at a club with instant high expectations and resources and Pep has not proven himself at a club with lacking expectations and resources. They are different managers who offer different things to different clubs.

Who would I rather have now? Klopp. Whose been the greater manager so far in their careers? Pep.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No, but its a massive advantage when one manager has unlimited funds, and the other has to sell his best players to fund a rebiuld. 

Yeah but you have the entire media on your side hyping up your players to convince dickheads like Barcelona and Bournemouth to pay you three times their actual value. Some teams have certain advantages, other teams have others.

:ph34r:

Liverpool have been incredibly fortunate the past 2 seasons keeping their front three and VVD fit. For all we know we could have the exact opposite of this thread had a couple of those players been out through a long term injury. 

This isn't to discredit Klopp. It's to show how easily things can sway people's perception. 

18 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah but you have the entire media on your side hyping up your players to convince dickheads like Barcelona and Bournemouth to pay you three times their actual value. Some teams have certain advantages, other teams have others.

:ph34r:

😅🤣😂

When both managers arrived in England, one took over the best and richest club in the Premier League, the other took over a club that was struggling to make the top four.

Fast forward a few years and City still outspend everyone in the land and Liverpool have been to 2 CL finals (winning one), won the league and are currently the best team in the country. 

I dont even think there is a debate to be had here to be honest.

16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

When both managers arrived in England, one took over the best and richest club in the Premier League, the other took over a club that was struggling to make the top four.

Fast forward a few years and City still outspend everyone in the land and Liverpool have been to 2 CL finals (winning one), won the league and are currently the best team in the country. 

I dont even think there is a debate to be had here to be honest.

IF Klopp can win back to back titles AND beat our points record, then we can talk! ;)

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Didn't realize Klopp had won back to back premier league titles, my bad! :4_joy:   

It’s just hard to respect his accomplishments in England compared to other managers. I could spend £25k a day, every single day, for 43 years... and I still wouldn’t have spent as much as City have on defenders alone under Pep.

With that kind of financial power you’d expect Pep to have won a lot with City. And he has, but maybe not as much as he should have when you look at the spending.

Archived