talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

On 11/07/2023 at 13:13, Cicero said:

How is Trump still the leading Republican candidate? Is DeSantis really that shit?

DeSantis is awful. A culture warrior that comes off as a human being in the same way Mark Zuckerberg and Ted Cruz do.

22 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

good thing they are not running

Tim Scott is and he's an absolute clown show

Biden's better than anyone the GOP's put forward at the minute, except maybe Vivek Ramaswamy and I'm just saying that because I don't know anything about him. Got low low low hopes for a tech bro with political aspirations though. Or Asa Hutchinson and Doug Burgam, who have got no hope because they're actually moderates and that will never fly with the GOP base.

• Trump's an unhinged criminal (basically did what he accused Clinton of, but more brazenly and with paper documents; if he wasn't rich & powerful he'd be in prison)
  • DeSantis has the same issue as Elon Musk, more popular until people heard what he has to say and now his popularity is tanking
  • Mike Pence religious zealot that's hated by: 1.) the Trump base, 2.) democrats
  • Chris Christie is a hinged criminal (Bridgegate)
  • Nikki Haley's got the same issue Pence or anyone tied to the Trump administration who's tried to pivot back towards acting like a normal person. Alienated the Trump base but also not forgiven or forgotten by those who despise Trump
  • Tim Scott is a clown

Moderates tend to like Biden a hell of a lot more than Trump & people that were in Trump's administration. Chris Christie's maybe got the next best appeal to moderates but he's generally hated by most republicans and democrats and is so unpopular in his home state he's probably unlikely to win it. DeSantis is only popular with people that only care about the culture wars and nothing else. I don't think Tim Scott's really popular with anyone other than the people who elected him to the senate.

I think Biden & Trump would be a close election, because it's two low tier presidents that are a known quantity to the electorate and aren't really going to excite anyone hopeful for change. The biggest turnout will be from people that hate one candidate less than the other - I suspect a lot of moderates wouldn't turn out to vote unless they really hated one in particular.

At this point the GOP's best hope is that Fox can somehow wrestle back control over the GOP base and start pushing moderates instead of the far-right weirdos they've cultivated for decades and then lost control of. That's how they can appeal more to moderates and younger generations.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tim Scott is and he's an absolute clown show

Biden's better than anyone the GOP's put forward at the minute, except maybe Vivek Ramaswamy and I'm just saying that because I don't know anything about him. Got low low low hopes for a tech bro with political aspirations though. Or Asa Hutchinson and Doug Burgam, who have got no hope because they're actually moderates and that will never fly with the GOP base.

• Trump's an unhinged criminal (basically did what he accused Clinton of, but more brazenly and with paper documents; if he wasn't rich & powerful he'd be in prison)
  • DeSantis has the same issue as Elon Musk, more popular until people heard what he has to say and now his popularity is tanking
  • Mike Pence religious zealot that's hated by: 1.) the Trump base, 2.) democrats
  • Chris Christie is a hinged criminal (Bridgegate)
  • Nikki Haley's got the same issue Pence or anyone tied to the Trump administration who's tried to pivot back towards acting like a normal person. Alienated the Trump base but also not forgiven or forgotten by those who despise Trump
  • Tim Scott is a clown

Moderates tend to like Biden a hell of a lot more than Trump & people that were in Trump's administration. Chris Christie's maybe got the next best appeal to moderates but he's generally hated by most republicans and democrats and is so unpopular in his home state he's probably unlikely to win it. DeSantis is only popular with people that only care about the culture wars and nothing else. I don't think Tim Scott's really popular with anyone other than the people who elected him to the senate.

I think Biden & Trump would be a close election, because it's two low tier presidents that are a known quantity to the electorate and aren't really going to excite anyone hopeful for change. The biggest turnout will be from people that hate one candidate less than the other - I suspect a lot of moderates wouldn't turn out to vote unless they really hated one in particular.

At this point the GOP's best hope is that Fox can somehow wrestle back control over the GOP base and start pushing moderates instead of the far-right weirdos they've cultivated for decades and then lost control of. That's how they can appeal more to moderates and younger generations.

American politics will shift again when Americans realise that allocation of 65% of the fiscal to starting wars is not in the interest of 99% of Americans.   Ailing infrastructure, socio economic issues like America's failing education system and segregationist policies in places like Baltimore, Michigan, Illinois, Washington state and Nor Cal where the use gerrymandering has been used to strip budgets from poorer areas to give to affluent areas.

people are starting to wake up, given Biden's utter lack of policy acumen, inability to speak and downright looking week, crippled by his own criminal proclivities that the DOJ is meatshielding amongst moderates his popularity is down to low 20s.  Joe Biden caters towards the extreme left when in trouble but he has probably knocked Jimmy Carter off the worst president mantle, it's also not the end for Joe Biden, once the establishment loses faith they will throw him under the bus.

RFK has a better chance of upsetting Biden, though he has his own flaws notably communication problems.

22 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Nor Cal where the use gerrymandering

California doesn't have gerrymandering though? The wealth gap is probably the biggest issue facing America right now and I don't think any party has any real answers to it, probably because they're all beholden to their corporate donors who are very much for pushing more and more wealth to themselves than to everyone else.

I don't think being able to speak is really a criteria required for being president, judging by the Trump and Biden. And if the election is between those two, I think for most voters it's going to come down to "which of these two people do I hate the least." It's a shame though because no country deserves to be led by a narcistic dickhead or a senile fool.

I don't think RFK has a hope in hell. He's more popular with opponents of his party than he is within his own party. If he tries to primary Biden, he's going to get crushed by the democratic base. In any case, America wanted a moderate who would follow status quo American politics to guide them through the post-covid period. That's exactly what Biden is.

I think GWB still holds the title for worst ever president though, but Carter and Trump aren't far behind.

41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

California doesn't have gerrymandering though? The wealth gap is probably the biggest issue facing America right now and I don't think any party has any real answers to it, probably because they're all beholden to their corporate donors who are very much for pushing more and more wealth to themselves than to everyone else.

I don't think being able to speak is really a criteria required for being president, judging by the Trump and Biden. And if the election is between those two, I think for most voters it's going to come down to "which of these two people do I hate the least." It's a shame though because no country deserves to be led by a narcistic dickhead or a senile fool.

I don't think RFK has a hope in hell. He's more popular with opponents of his party than he is within his own party. If he tries to primary Biden, he's going to get crushed by the democratic base. In any case, America wanted a moderate who would follow status quo American politics to guide them through the post-covid period. That's exactly what Biden is.

I think GWB still holds the title for worst ever president though, but Carter and Trump aren't far behind.

An independent commission redistricts in cali by the looks of things. 

• Upvote 1

Another good take on the real reason Threads was created.  The only purpose is to give the mainstream media a platform where they control the dissemination of information and censor anyone who engages in meaningful discussion.   

they do not want free speech, they want authoritarianism by deciding what you need to hear.  This after Mark Zukerberg admitted that they were wrong to censor stuff during covid.   Mark zuckerberg is trying to appear pious to the mob and beholden to those that butter his bread.

the state facilitates this by creating the narratives/agendas then let the media puppets pull the strings conflating free speech and hate speech to the point were disagreement with the agenda is perceived as hate speech.

4 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

he ruined Twitter by making it more well used.  i think what you mean is, he ruined Twitter for establishment shills and people with extreme mental disorders.

It’s got way less traffic and way more Nazis than it had before, so it’s certainly looking a lot worse of a social media site to me.

RFK’s just come out and said he thinks COVID 19 was engineered to avoid killing Chinese people and Ashkenazi Jews, absolute nutter.

6 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

he ruined Twitter by making it more well used.  i think what you mean is, he ruined Twitter for establishment shills and people with extreme mental disorders.

All 112 million of them. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s got way less traffic and way more Nazis than it had before, so it’s certainly looking a lot worse of a social media site to me.

RFK’s just come out and said he thinks COVID 19 was engineered to avoid killing Chinese people and Ashkenazi Jews, absolute nutter.

sounds like you are deep into the conspiracies, generally when people use the term Nazi, it means person they disagree with because nobody is doing what the Nazis did, unless there are concentration camps and ovens I am unaware of.

1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

sounds like you are deep into the conspiracies, generally when people use the term Nazi, it means person they disagree with because nobody is doing what the Nazis did, unless there are concentration camps and ovens I am unaware of.

Nah if I’m calling someone a Nazi it’s because they’re pushing a neo-Nazi agenda. I also think you can make the case that both China and Russia, with the expansionist European war & the internment of Uighurs, are doing at least a bit of what the Nazis did. But that’s not what I’m talking about.

Twitter’s become a safe space for far right nut jobs promoting white nationalism. It’s turned loads of advertisers and users from Twitter.

Also making the blue checkmarks virtually meaningless & promoting posts from people who’ve paid just generally reduced the overall quality of content on Twitter. And it was Twitter so quality content was rare.

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah if I’m calling someone a Nazi it’s because they’re pushing a neo-Nazi agenda. I also think you can make the case that both China and Russia, with the expansionist European war & the internment of Uighurs, are doing at least a bit of what the Nazis did. But that’s not what I’m talking about.

Twitter’s become a safe space for far right nut jobs promoting white nationalism. It’s turned loads of advertisers and users from Twitter.

Also making the blue checkmarks virtually meaningless & promoting posts from people who’ve paid just generally reduced the overall quality of content on Twitter. And it was Twitter so quality content was rare.

1) I agree on China, China should face global rebuke but yet somehow China are in everyone's back pocket.  As an example, Trump had a very staunch policy with China and they then tried to say that it made American pharmaceuticals overburdened, but America did not do deals with a pure authoritarian regime.

I do think Russia holds a degree of responsibility and that will have a time where thry will need to pay the cost, but this war on Russia and China is really down to the threat of BRICS and a new Global currency that is a threat to western economics.  America remains one of the last pseudo colonialist nations who have tried to steal nations resources while imposing financial constraints on the value these commodities cost, the emerging nations are tired of being robbed while Europe and America enriches themselves.   This war is just a facade to the real issues, money, food, resources.

Biden comes to power and America is again heavily reliant on China despite the empty virtue signalling, America has its butt in the butter and they love it.  they get to cry virtue while sipping that sweet champagne.

2) There was a time when the Democrat and Republican establishments were independent from each other however today they are just one extension of each other filled with RINOs and DINOs that have a convergence of interests.   This is why anti establishment figures are targeted through weaponising government and media to smear and attack anyone that is a threat to their corporate globalist ideology.

3) I haven't seen any neo Nazi examples but again I don't go on Twitter so yeah.   I do see trends in current American politics that is very Nazi like though;

1) weaponising state against political rivals

2) use of media to disseminate and propagate prejudices against politically opposed people.

3) anti whiteism being acceptable racism

4) pushing gender ideology where it now impacts children, woman and homosexuals.

5) starting wars to defend a nation who's own president imprisons rivals, bans christianity, empowers old eastern bloc Nazis to censor and force complicitness, wanting to cancel elections.  All this is done while Americans are suffering at home.

6) censorship of talking points and the use of media to propagate that message.  to me once media becomes a mouthpiece of the government it is no longer independent but a propaganda branch looking to use division and hatred to create zealotry with the intention to get absolute power to the point where they can abolish democratic process for authoritarianism.   the kicker is once they have enough power to unilaterally change laws and the constitution, they no longer need people for power then they will show you that they don't actually care.

the only hope is for anti establishment figures like Sanders, RFK, Trump to win out enough collective conscience to save a slow decent into a globalist authoritarian government.

Poor Bernie Sanders getting lumped in with those two…

You may think you’ve seen trends of Nazi-ism with that ridiculous list, meanwhile I’ve seen a guy flying a swastika from the back of his Toyota Tacoma and seen a white nationalist flag hung from a bridge over an interstate highway. So we’re talking about different things.

Also Russia wasn’t getting robbed blind by Europe or the US, it’s been robbed by Putin and his oligarchs. They could have had a diverse economy once the USSR fell, they chose to run themselves as Europes petrol station and domestically their economy was run like the mafia. Their war is an imperialist war and it’s only gone on for as long as it has because Russia felt emboldened by the pretty dampened response they got when they tried this same shit before in Georgia and in Crimea.

You’re right the US is imperialistic but you’re blinkered if you don’t think the exact same as China, who’re engaging in their own heavy economic imperialism… or Russia who are pretty overtly trying some obvious old school imperialism.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Sure enough America's grifter is now facing his 3rd indictment. This is surrounding the election lies and Jan 6th stuff that special counsil Jack Smith was investiging him for. Election interference is what its being labled but we dont know the details until the arraignment.  

• Like 1

• Administrator

I've not really kept up to date with all this Trump stuff - mainly because I'm bored of it and I can't stand seeing the orange fucker - but are any of these charges likely to stick? And what is his likely punishment?