talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

5 hours ago, Stan said:

I've not really kept up to date with all this Trump stuff - mainly because I'm bored of it and I can't stand seeing the orange fucker - but are any of these charges likely to stick? And what is his likely punishment?

Yes they are all pretty undeniable. But the process moves slowly. I don't want would reach the point of sentencing before the next election.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

I've not really kept up to date with all this Trump stuff - mainly because I'm bored of it and I can't stand seeing the orange fucker - but are any of these charges likely to stick? And what is his likely punishment?

More or less hes nailed on all 3 from what Ive seen but yeah as they where saying theres little chance anything happens pre election. Whether he see's jail time is still another story as well. Apparently in the special investigation (the latest indictment) they flipped one of the orange one's IT guy's at Maro-Lago. So they have him on record testifying tr*mp ordered them to move the docuements and delete the CCTV footage of them moving the documents (which the IT guy didnt) Hes fucked, but again what comes of it I guess we'll see eventually.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

Yes they are all pretty undeniable. But the process moves slowly. I don't want would reach the point of sentencing before the next election.

I want him in trial and sentenced as soon as possible, personally. He's the clear front runner for the GOP because the base of the party has lost all sense of sanity.

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Is it true he can pardon himself if he's reelected? 

I think it becomes a constitutional question, so the Supreme Court would decide. And because this is an overtly partisan supreme court, it's basically a given that the supreme court will side with him - so yes, probably.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Saw on BBC News last night - some of the people they interviewed said they'd still vote for Trump even if he was imprisoned 😑

It's honestly ridiculous that you can still run for political office if you've been convicted of any serious crimes amounting to a felony in the US.

His base though are just so far removed from reality though it's not surprising they'd say something like that. Trump wasn't joking when he said he could kill someone in broad daylight and he'd still be loved by his followers. It's not a normal political following, it's a total cult of personality. These people have made supporting Trump what defines them as human beings.

43 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's honestly ridiculous that you can still run for political office if you've been convicted of any serious crimes amounting to a felony in the US.

I think it's worse that you can be over 60 and become president. An ex-criminal under 55 would probably be in a better mental state than the last 2 US presidents.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Stan said:

Saw on BBC News last night - some of the people they interviewed said they'd still vote for Trump even if he was imprisoned 😑

The fact that hes still neck and neck with Biden is hilarious. The dem's just fucking suck if Biden is the best candidate they can do again for the coming election. Hes too old at this point let alone another 4 years but what is the alternative to vote for you say? A criminal, life long grifter that staged a coux attempt? oh solid options. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I think it's worse that you can be over 60 and become president. An ex-criminal under 55 would probably be in a better mental state than the last 2 US presidents.

Doesn't help when the people who most consistently to turn out to vote are boomers that couldn't really give a shit about the future

20 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

The fact that hes still neck and neck with Biden is hilarious. The dem's just fucking suck if Biden is the best candidate they can do again for the coming election. Hes too old at this point let alone another 4 years but what is the alternative to vote for you say? A criminal, life long grifter that staged a coux attempt? oh solid options. 

The right wing would have us believe RFK Jr. is the best viable alternative to Trump from the democrat point of view. But that's only because he's so batshit insane that he makes Trump seem relatively normal.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

The challenge for democrats is finding a candidate that will win Michigan, Pennsylvania and Arizona, all of which are about 6 points more conservative than the median voter and constantly on a knife edge.

18 hours ago, Cicero said:

Are there really no suitable democratic candidates that appeals to the moderates?

most if the candidates are progressives bent cultural wars, while most moderates espouse the same values as conservatives, family, community, religion, America.    

On 05/08/2023 at 01:49, OrangeKhrush said:

most if the candidates are progressives bent cultural wars, while most moderates espouse the same values as conservatives, family, community, religion, America.    

More like moderates and conservatives are owned by corporate interests and that gets boomer dicks hard for some reason.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

More like moderates and conservatives are owned by corporate interests and that gets boomer dicks hard for some reason.

I wouldn't consider moderates to be the establishment elite.  the working class moderates don't like how America is turning and find themselves alienated.  a moderate in Georgia will share many of the same American values as a conservative in Georgia even if the way to reach it may differ there is still the underlying values upon which America was founded and that is still a mutual agreement with the everyman conservative.

it was barely a decade ago that the only way to tell a conservative and democrat apart was by the colour of the ties.

39 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I wouldn't consider moderates to be the establishment elite.  the working class moderates don't like how America is turning and find themselves alienated.  a moderate in Georgia will share many of the same American values as a conservative in Georgia even if the way to reach it may differ there is still the underlying values upon which America was founded and that is still a mutual agreement with the everyman conservative.

it was barely a decade ago that the only way to tell a conservative and democrat apart was by the colour of the ties.

Odd comment. Genuine question: Is there any ideology more pro establishment per definitionem than conservatism? Since conservatism, in its very nature, is about preserving the pre-dominant values as well as power and ownership in their respective society. Indeed there's little things more ridiculous than a consevative pretending to fight the establishment.