• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 3-0 Leeds - Saturday 2nd January, 2021

football forums

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Lovely goal all round. Kane goes out wide, crosses for Son to finish. That's what Leeds miss for all their approach play. Bamford had a very similar cross to finish about 5 minutes earlier and mis-timed the shot. 2-0.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 2-0 Leeds - Saturday 2nd January, 2021
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Bamford just needs slapped. 10 in 16 sounds good, but what is his goals to chances ratio? He’s such a frustrating player to watch. 

According to whoscored.com, 3.6 shots per game from 16 appearances. So that works out as approximately 56/57 shots so far this season for a return of 10 goals. So ratio is about 20% give or take. 

So frustrating.

I think anyone fair watching that half would agree we've been much the better side. I think Spurs struggled to get any grip on the game which was testament to how decent we were doing.

But we're just not clinical. We create so many good situations and don't kill them off. Then we can make one silly mistake out of nowhere and fall behind.

I have to admit, i thought the penalty was outside the box at first glance and was shocked they didnt ask the referee to look again, but i'm more angry at Meslier giving the ball away so easily.

Up to that point, I was sat there literally thinking Spurs don't worry me in the slightest. But that's what life is like with this team. 

We need to grab an early goal second half. At least we'll keep going.

• Subscriber
On 01/01/2021 at 08:21, LFCMadLad said:

Son is Spurs best player by a country mile. Kane is a dribbling knob. Stop Son, you stop Spurs. 

Why do people say stupid things. Kane is our best player by a country mile. It all runs through him 

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

So frustrating.

I think anyone fair watching that half would agree we've been much the better side. I think Spurs struggled to get any grip on the game which was testament to how decent we were doing.

But we're just not clinical. We create so many good situations and don't kill them off. Then we can make one silly mistake out of nowhere and fall behind.

I have to admit, i thought the penalty was outside the box at first glance and was shocked they didnt ask the referee to look again, but i'm more angry at Meslier giving the ball away so easily.

Up to that point, I was sat there literally thinking Spurs don't worry me in the slightest.

Fair. I thought you were the better team, created more but just not prolific enough. Even though Spurs' form might have dipped, it's not the kind of situation you want to be in, let alone when you make a mistake towards gifting them a goal and giving them that opportunity.

You play some nice stuff and that's not really surprising really.

That penalty is so inconclusive that the VAR really should have gone deeper with that. There is no way that was clear enough to award initially without the referee looking. 

It's definitely a foul. But there is more of an arguement to suggest that is outside the box than in it.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So frustrating.

Up to that point, I was sat there literally thinking Spurs don't worry me in the slightest. But that's what life is like with this team. 

We need to grab an early goal second half. At least we'll keep going.

Hahahahah what?! 

You started better but last 20 minutes thought we’d score every time we went forward. You’re an absolute shambles at the back.

This is the game plan though, soak up your attacks and then hit you on the break. 

Bamford should have scored that header but otherwise we’ve been pretty untroubled 

• Administrator

On first thought I thought it was just on the line but it's quite clearly outside when it's zoomed in. Why doesn't the VAR get to zoom in like that on the contact? And if they did, how did they come to the decision it was a penalty?

As usual, Peter Walton can't ever go against any referee's decision and think for himself. Boring.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

How the fuck is that a pen? Load of shite this. Guy in the VAR box probably deepthroating a fun no is caramel as he was meant to be looking at it. 

I mean he fouls him on the line. It’s a pen. The thing they keep missing too is if contact continues into the box which it clearly does it’s a pen. It’s tight but right decision and no way you can overturn it.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

On first thought I thought it was just on the line but it's quite clearly outside when it's zoomed in. Why doesn't the VAR get to zoom in like that on the contact? And if they did, how did they come to the decision it was a penalty?

As usual, Peter Walton can't ever go against any referee's decision and think for himself. Boring.

The actual foul, which is on the thigh, is on the line. 

Just now, Storts said:

The actual foul, which is on the thigh, is on the line. 

Well if you’re going to choose which part of the contact is a foul to conveniently give them pen then you’re right. However, the contact started with the feet, then shin. The foul was immediate and it was outside the box for me. 

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Hahahahah what?! 

You started better but last 20 minutes thought we’d score every time we went forward. You’re an absolute shambles at the back.

This is the game plan though, soak up your attacks and then hit you on the break. 

Bamford should have scored that header but otherwise we’ve been pretty untroubled 

Kane scored on the half hour. Up to then you had nothing. So that's a bit over dramatic to start with.

A couple chances opened up for you after but from all the big sides we have played, you've not really troubled us like they have. We have been on top I'd say.

Personally feel we've really bombed some great positions. Klich should have done better with that shot in the box and Alioski too early doors. As for Bamford, he's got himself into two great positions to score but that's Bamford all over.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Well if you’re going to choose which part of the contact is a foul to conveniently give them pen then you’re right. However, the contact started with the feet, then shin. The foul was immediate and it was outside the box for me. 

Just cause there is contact doesn’t mean there’s a foul. The thigh contact was the bit that knocked him off balance and it continued into the box. It’s just the rules. It’s a pen 

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Leeds put in this great fizzing crosses and have no one on the end of them

I think if we are to evolve as a team, we need to be cut throat and sign a deadly striker.

Obviously not him because Wolves would never sell to us but someone who would absolutely thrive in this team is Jimenez.

Archived