talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2020/21 - Third Round Matches

football forum

2 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

I wonder how Liverpool fans would be reacting if they had to play with half the team out due to COVID 

How would Liverpool fans react if we were forced to play our youth team in a cup match at Villa Park? Can't think. Would never happen

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Nothing wrong with players being unhappy at coming off. Leave it to the sensationalist media to try and make a thing of it

Just pisses me off how he trudges off like a brat whenever he is substituted. He knows the crack, he knows the circumstances of the game... nobody else acts like that. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Just pisses me off how he trudges off like a brat whenever he is substituted. He knows the crack, he knows the circumstances of the game... nobody else acts like that. 

They do. A lot of top players do. Especially on a hatrick

Just now, LFCMike said:

They do. A lot of top players do. Especially on a hatrick

Yeah Mike, I'm not just talking about tonight. He's done it the last few occasions. Acting like a twat whenever he is brought off just annoys me, that's all. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah Mike, I'm not just talking about tonight. He's done it the last few occasions. Acting like a twat whenever he is brought off just annoys me, that's all. 

Like I say, it's not a big deal

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

When Guardiola put out a full side against Burton Albion a few years back this forum was gushing with praise for him and Man City! Couldn’t make it up

Are you sure?

https://talkfootball365.com/topic/7235-carabao-cup-201819-semi-final-man-city-9-0-burton-1st-leg/

On 23/01/2019 at 23:34, RandoEFC said:

Didn't watch any of this but saw Aguero had put them one up by half time and just thought, really? 9-0 and you still need to play Aguero?

Oh my, so much gushing!!!!111

At least if you're gonna make a claim, back it up with something and don't just make up bollocks to suit your weird agenda.

27 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Did you complain last year when Villa put out a full strength side against a side Liverpool couldn’t compete with? No, you did not. You’re a hypocrite. Always got something to say when it’s a Liverpudlian.

Show me where I've 'complained' that Liverpool have put out a stronger side today and then we can talk about 'hypocrisy'. Or maybe it's just all in your head? Perhaps? 

We've been here before anyway. It's tiresome. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Guardiola came out and defend Mendy! How is that even allowed. 

It's not. You think it is because you've got some warped agenda in your head and it filters in to here, so you put words in to people's mouths/posts...

Plenty on here were pretty annoyed that Man City got to cancel their game and other sides haven't been able to (Newcastle & Fulham shortly before them). So not sure where you get that 'no-one said a word'. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Are you sure?

https://talkfootball365.com/topic/7235-carabao-cup-201819-semi-final-man-city-9-0-burton-1st-leg/

Oh my, so much gushing!!!!111

At least if you're gonna make a claim, back it up with something and don't just make up bollocks to suit your weird agenda.

Show me where I've 'complained' that Liverpool have put out a stronger side today and then we can talk about 'hypocrisy'. Or maybe it's just all in your head? Perhaps? 

We've been here before anyway. It's tiresome. 

Fair play for going back. I was hoping nobody would remember.

• Subscriber

Legitimate question for me. Klopp can say what he wants and pick whatever team he wants but if he's going to make a point out of talking about extra substitutes and player fatigue then he should expect to get called out when he fields two-thirds of a first team against Aston Villa's literal youth team.

I can't remember if it was Klopp as well but Guardiola has gone full games without making substitutions after complaining about not being able to have 5 substitutes as well. He gets away with it more because Klopp has a more aggressive manner in an interview but they're both massive crybabies.

If you want to see double standards just wait and see how much sympathy Mourinho gets on here and across football's social media hive mind next time he manages to find an excuse to complain about something.

21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We've had to play most of the season with half our team out due to injury and Covid?

Injury is one thing. COVID is another. A number of games and competitions have been postponed already. Why didn’t this game also be postponed? 10 players of a team tested positive. 
Plus perhaps the rest of villa is also infected but have not shown symptoms yet and by playing this game may have now infected Liverpool A squad players. 
but hey at least ur team got to win against 18yo

Dont know the reason why FA allowed the game to go on. 

28 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We've had to play most of the season with half our team out due to injury and Covid?

And Liverpool have not been moaning about it?

that’s all I hear from klopp. Complaining about Time of games  injuries.

Every club faces the same but don’t have the deep pockets as other teams to have depth in a team 

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Legitimate question for me. Klopp can say what he wants and pick whatever team he wants but if he's going to make a point out of talking about extra substitutes and player fatigue then he should expect to get called out when he fields two-thirds of a first team against Aston Villa's literal youth team.

I can't remember if it was Klopp as well but Guardiola has gone full games without making substitutions after complaining about not being able to have 5 substitutes as well. He gets away with it more because Klopp has a more aggressive manner in an interview but they're both massive crybabies.

If you want to see double standards just wait and see how much sympathy Mourinho gets on here and across football's social media hive mind next time he manages to find an excuse to complain about something.

Klopp, Guardiola and Solskjaer's complaints were always the recovery times between games. Also, no one seems to be able to answer if they can mix squads at the moment? I've asked the question going back to when Liverpool took a full squad to Denmark for the Champions League dead rubber.

The five subs thing. It's clear, and Klopp has said this, that he's only made say one out of three subs in case of an injury or two late on after games in quick succession. If there was five subs available he'd have made more. Guardiola will be thinking the same

16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I think Klopp did it as well, or at least only made 1, but what do you want him to do in the middle of an injury crisis when we're drawing or winning by 1 late in the game? Bring on Minamino and Neco Williams? Behave

It's a bit of a simplistic criticism for me. We've got Manchester United next weekend and if they hadn't played tonight, these lads would be going into that game having not played for 2 weeks. Rest is important, but so is rhythm, and it's a balancing act dependent on each player.

9 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Injury is one thing. COVID is another. A number of games and competitions have been postponed already. Why didn’t this game also be postponed? 10 players of a team tested positive. 
Plus perhaps the rest of villa is also infected but have not shown symptoms yet and by playing this game may have now infected Liverpool A squad players. 
but hey at least ur team got to win against 18yo

Dont know the reason why FA allowed the game to go on. 

It's not Liverpools decision to postpone a game? Klopp and Milner both said after the match that this game shouldn't have gone ahead... but hey, you carry on talking about something you know nothing about. 

18 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

And Liverpool have not been moaning about it?

that’s all I hear from klopp. Complaining about Time of games  injuries.

Every club faces the same but don’t have the deep pockets as other teams to have depth in a team 

Ah it’s a Bayern Munich fan who hates the only thing they can’t buy. 

4 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

lots of anger in this thread tbh. :D

Always is if Liverpool win. Reflects England as a country. 

Always have to go against the majority and the media. Just makes your success more enjoyable, even as someone not particularly fond of Liverpool fc on their own merits I’ve become more and more shocked by the obvious bias against the club from most institutions in England. Especially given the favourable treatment of certain other clubs, not too far away. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I think Klopp did it as well, or at least only made 1, but what do you want him to do when we're drawing or winning by 1 late in the game? Bring on Minamino and Neco Williams? Behave

It's a bit of a simplistic criticism for me. We've got Manchester United next weekend and if they hadn't played tonight, these lads would be going into that game having not played for 2 weeks. Rest is important, but so is rhythm, and it's a balancing act dependent on each player.

Behave? He couldn't go a week without mentioning it at one point. And if your subs are so bad then why does he want licence to use more of them? If fatigue/welfare is bad enough to make it into such a big issue then why were Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Salah, Mane, Firmino still playing pretty much every game? And your answer can't be "because we don't have anyone else" at the same time as defending Klopp for asking for more substitutes that you're saying aren't good enough for him to use in the first place.

I know there's a lot of factors at play and this isn't a black/white right/wrong debate but at the heart of this, Klopp and Guardiola are at least partially hypocritical for putting public pressure on other teams to vote in favour of having five substitutes and then rocking up to a Premier League game the next day and using 0 or 1 substitutes or playing a full strength side in a Champions League dead rubber or straightforward cup tie. 

You might ultimately be right with the more intimate knowledge of your club and the squad but when the manager has been so outspoken on this issue and then his actions appear on face value go contradict his strong public opinions you can only expect fans of other teams to point it out.

9 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Klopp, Guardiola and Solskjaer's complaints were always the recovery times between games. Also, no one seems to be able to answer if they can mix squads at the moment? I've asked the question going back to when Liverpool took a full squad to Denmark for the Champions League dead rubber.

The five subs thing. It's clear, and Klopp has said this, that he's only made say one out of three subs in case of an injury or two late on after games in quick succession. If there was five subs available he'd have made more. Guardiola will be thinking the same

Everton have had several players that have been to and fro between the first team's bench and the under 23s so you can definitely mix squads a bit.

You might have a point though, perhaps at some clubs the under 23s and first team are in the same bubble and at other teams they are in separate bubbles like Aston Villa seem to be. It depends on whether there are full Premier League guidelines or whether some scope is left within that for clubs to choose what suits their situation.

The Champions League might be a different issue again. I'm not up to date on the squad registration rules for Europe as I haven't played Football Manager properly since 2017.

I'm not sure on the point about substitutes though. Making three substitutes too early has always carried a risk of leaving you with ten men late in the game. The risk of injury might be a bit more this season but the risk has always been there. I'm not actually diametrically opposed to having 5 substitutes this season but I will stand by the hypocrisy shout. You don't offset a higher risk of injury by leaving more of your most valuable players on the pitch for longer. No matter how anyone wants to spin that, at its core it's nonsensical.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Behave? He couldn't go a week without mentioning it at one point. And if your subs are so bad then why does he want licence to use more of them? If fatigue/welfare is bad enough to make it into such a big issue then why were Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Salah, Mane, Firmino still playing pretty much every game? And your answer can't be "because we don't have anyone else" at the same time as defending Klopp for asking for more substitutes that you're saying aren't good enough for him to use in the first place.

I know there's a lot of factors at play and this isn't a black/white right/wrong debate but at the heart of this, Klopp and Guardiola are at least partially hypocritical for putting public pressure on other teams to vote in favour of having five substitutes and then rocking up to a Premier League game the next day and using 0 or 1 substitutes or playing a full strength side in a Champions League dead rubber or straightforward cup tie. 

You might ultimately be right with the more intimate knowledge of your club and the squad but when the manager has been so outspoken on this issue and then his actions appear on face value go contradict his strong public opinions you can only expect fans of other teams to point it out.

Everton have had several players that have been to and fro between the first team's bench and the under 23s so you can definitely mix squads a bit.

You might have a point though, perhaps at some clubs the under 23s and first team are in the same bubble and at other teams they are in separate bubbles like Aston Villa seem to be. It depends on whether there are full Premier League guidelines or whether some scope is left within that for clubs to choose what suits their situation.

The Champions League might be a different issue again. I'm not up to date on the squad registration rules for Europe as I haven't played Football Manager properly since 2017.

I'm not sure on the point about substitutes though. Making three substitutes too early has always carried a risk of leaving you with ten men late in the game. The risk of injury might be a bit more this season but the risk has always been there. I'm not actually diametrically opposed to having 5 substitutes this season but I will stand by the hypocrisy shout. You don't offset a higher risk of injury by leaving more of your most valuable players on the pitch for longer. No matter how anyone wants to spin that, at its core it's nonsensical.

tbh mate when klopp speaks you should listen. :91_thumbsup:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived