talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Favourite London Derby

football forum

Too many teams to choose from, most of them shit, and even when they are good they are still probably a bit shit. I used to like watching Arsenal v Tottenham but they haven't had a mental game in a while now. Arsenal and Chelsea were having some bizarre games for a while, including a Robin van Persie hattrick during which he accidentally Roman saluted the crowd.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal game about ten years ago was probably the best I can remember. The one you look forward to the most on average is Arsenal Spurs still.

2012 mate, Andre Villas Boas' nightmare. Played a fucking high line anchored by John Terry against ARSENAL

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Spike said:

I used to like watching Arsenal v Tottenham but they haven't had a mental game in a while now

Feel like their games are usually still very entertaining? 

Guaranteed goals, usually red cards or penalties or controversial decisions. Always eventful in my mind. 

Chelsea vs Spurs is the other one. The 'Battle of Stamford Bridge' in 2016 will never be forgotten. Some of the tackles in that game were sensational. Late tackles. Bodies flying all over the shop. Eye gouging. Brawls. Meltdowns. Had everything. 

West Ham vs Spurs sometimes has a bit of bite to it too. Can't recall many thrillers like the other 2 games though. 

Just now, Stan said:

Feel like their games are usually still very entertaining? 

Guaranteed goals, usually red cards or penalties or controversial decisions. Always eventful in my mind. 

Chelsea vs Spurs is the other one. The 'Battle of Stamford Bridge' in 2016 will never be forgotten. Some of the tackles in that game were sensational. Late tackles. Bodies flying all over the shop. Eye gouging. Brawls. Meltdowns. Had everything. 

West Ham vs Spurs sometimes has a bit of bite to it too. Can't recall many thrillers like the other 2 games though. 

your probably right but i don’t remember them like i used to, like when spurs had player like keane and berbatov and arsenal had cesc. still remember fabregas scoring off the kickoff, he never had that speed and agility again

For me Brentford Fulham, half my family are QPR so it's difficult to dislike them as much as Fulham. Fulham have for whatever reason been a constant in my life as a negative force.

As a neutral, for entertainment it's Tottenham/Arsenal. For hatred it's West Ham/Millwall on the rare occasions they play. West Ham/Spurs was always a good watch when West Ham played at Upton Park. West Ham/Chelsea could be tasty too.

• Administrator

With fans, MK Dons vs AFC Wimbledon was good. A relatively fresh rivalry in the circumstances. Think they got draw in the FA Cup once before AFC Wimbledon made it back up to the league early as their new club. 

There was a period where Arsenal v Tottenham games seemed to end up with wild scores of 3-2, 4-4 and I think there was a 5-4, too. They were fun games to watch as neutral. 

As with others, West Ham v Chelsea and West Ham v Tottenham are usually good games to watch and the atmosphere comes across well on TV but I would say that Chelsea and Tottenham are only really bothered about West Ham on the day of the games against them whereas West Ham actively dislike the two. 

On 18/02/2021 at 07:37, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

For about 10 years biggest London derby was Man Utd v Arsenal, then 5 years of Man Utd v Chelsea. Now it's probably Tottenham v Arsenal.

'If it ain't in Tyneside it's London, mate' xD

4 hours ago, Spike said:

'If it ain't in Tyneside it's London, mate' xD

Nah. Man Utd are one of the best supported sides in London. Most people in London don't go to football games. The population of London and the South East is about 20m with 2-250k stadium capacity. It's the lowest ratio around by far. A derby is a lived communal experience and Man Utd are a big part of that for under 45s in London.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Millwall v West Ham.

Doesn't happen often but when it does, it's fireworks.

And ironically, it's the one day that they can all come together with one common hatred :whistling:

Archived