Kick-off 16.30

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png      VS     220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Recent Form
Chelsea - WDWWW
Man Utd - DWWDW

Last 3 Meetings
24/10/2020 - Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea
19/07/2020 - Man Utd 1-3 Chelsea (FA Cup)
17/02/2020 - Chelsea 0-2 Man Utd

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough game this one, as a gambling man I work off law of average at times and given we've won our last three at the bridge it gives me great concern they are due a result against us there. 

I just hope we attack the game, this season Ole seems to have taken a different approach into the big games and we've had a few none shows. 

Wouldnt be surprised if that were the case today, 0-0.

Chelsea XI: Mendy, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger, Hudson-Odoi, Kante, Kovacic, Chilwell, Ziyech, Mount, Giroud.

Substitutes: Arrizabalaga, Alonso, Jorginho, Zouma, Pulisic, Werner, James, Havertz, Emerson.

Man Utd XI: de Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, McTominay, Fred, Greenwood, Fernandes, James, Rashford.

Substitutes: Henderson, Bailley, Martial, Diallo, Telles, Matic, Williams, van de Beek, Tuanzebe.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Eh? A handball that prevents a handball? 

did you have your eyes closed mate? hudson-odoi’s hand was just above mason greenwood’s forearm, if it didnt hit hudson-odoi first, it would have landed square on greenwood’s arm, which also would have been a foul and the ball given to chelsea. i can see why they’d give as a penalty, and why it wasnt given, both are fair decisions if you ask me. thankfully the game isnt completely fatalistic and we have an actual football game to watch now, not a glorified skills contest.

Just now, Spike said:

did you have your eyes closed mate? hudson-odoi’s hand was just above mason greenwood’s forearm, if it didnt hit hudson-odoi first, it would have landed square on greenwood’s arm, which also would have been a foul and the ball given to chelsea. i can see why they’d give as a penalty, and why it wasnt given, both are fair decisions if you ask me. thankfully the game isnt completely fatalistic and we have an actual football game to watch now, not a glorified skills contest.

I watched it. Are you saying Greenwood forced Hodson-Odoi’s arm onto the ball?

unless it is a completely egregious tackle and a clear denial of a goalscoring chance, i hate seeing penalties and i especially hate seeing games decided by penslties. while i do think hudson-odoi committed a foul, it would have been inconsequential due to the position of greenwood’s arm, being directly beneath his own. 

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Could you quote the rule that makes what you just wrote relevant?

Just now, God is Haaland said:

Could you quote the rule that makes what you just wrote relevant?

could you quote where i said it was a rule? i am just rationalising how the referee could come to that conclusion

fuck me dead, you are an exhausting creature

1 minute ago, Spike said:

could you quote where i said it was a rule? i am just rationalising how the referee could come to that conclusion

fuck me dead, you are an exhausting creature

The referee isn't there to make up rules on the spot and influence the match accordingly.

The FA makes the rules, the referees apply them equally to everyone in every situation.

9 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

The referee isn't there to make up rules on the spot and influence the match accordingly.

The FA makes the rules, the referees apply them equally to everyone in every situation.

Yeah not shit Sherlock but the referee still has to interpret those rules to how they see fit, whether or not you agree with it doesn't matter to me.

Actually, I don't even know why you are having a sook to me about it, I'm just trying to rationalise why the ref would make that decision, not justify it. It might get your noggin' joggin' but I'm not actually the ref calling this match, so why don't you hop on twitter or whatever shite you use and drop him a line about it

• The title was changed to Chelsea 0-0 Man Utd - Sunday 28th February, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived