talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 5-2 Southampton - Wednesday 10th March, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 18.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png       VS      1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png

Recent Form
Man City - LWWWW
Southampton - WLLDL

Last 3 Meetings
19/12/2020 - Southampton 0-1 Man City
05/07/2020 - Southampton 1-0 Man City
02/11/2019 - Man City 2-1 Southampton

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If City want to they can give these a proper going over tonight. 

You just know they will be itching to put right what went wrong for them on Sunday and Southampton will no doubt kop the backlash. 

• Administrator
Just now, Devil said:

If City want to they can give these a proper going over tonight. 

You just know they will be itching to put right what went wrong for them on Sunday and Southampton will no doubt kop the backlash. 

Fancy a 9-0?

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fancy a 9-0?

No, City tend to get to 5 and treat it like a training match because they are so used to slaughtering teams. 

We got all excited and started treating the game like a match in the playground and risked injuries and so on to score more goals. Great for the viewing audience but in reality we could have saved our legs for the second half. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Cazza said:

Are/were (delete as appropriate) Southampton improving?

Was, then went into freefall, funny though they can get a hammering in a match then somehow pull off an unexpected result, maybe, just maybe tonight City 0-1 Southampton?

@Happy Blue will laugh his arse off at that prediction of mine xD

25 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Was, then went into freefall, funny though they can get a hammering in a match then somehow pull off an unexpected result, maybe, just maybe tonight City 0-1 Southampton?

@Happy Blue will laugh his arse off at that prediction of mine xD

I think the players would of been raped off the pitch too after that last performance :4_joy: ..I expect to see a big improvement in effort here

2 or 3-0 City.

I expect it to be comfortable, but not all together humiliating.

People don't realise Saints have been missing important players and they are gradually coming back now (although they have just lost Romeu and Ings recently too) so they should be a bit more resolute.

I don't think scoring loads of goals excites City as much these days. It will actually hurt them more conceding in each their last three league games, especially two in the last one so they will want a clean sheet tonight. 

And despite Southampton's trouble's recently, they remain one of the better footballing sides in the league, they can create the odd couple chances tonight still.

It will be interesting to see if Pep uses Aguero. He looked abysmaly short of sharpness v West Ham the other week, but he needs the game time.

Worth 60mins tonight I feel.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Playing with no striker tonight, front 3 of Sterling, Bernardo & Mahrez, Foden starts with De Bruyne, Fernadinho, Gundogan in the middle, at the back we have Walker, Dias, Laporte, Zinchenko :34_rolling_eyes: and Ederson in goal!

Sterling is on the bench? 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

The team sheet i got he was starting :35_thinking: maybe Peps had a re-think?   

Edit* you are correct Stan, Sterling is on the bench, i got 12 players on my list :4_joy:

Does this mean I am ITK :o

• The topic was unpinned

Archived