talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Slippy G vs Fat Frank

Who was the better midfielder  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better player

He did not complain all season. xD

Lampard displayed concern of the strictness in his role as the CAM in the 4-1-2-1-2. This didn’t provide him the positional freedom he was usually accustomed to as a box to box midfielder. This was completely abandoned by Ancelotti when he realised this formation didn’t work in England.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Lampard displayed concern of the strictness in his role as the CAM in the 4-1-2-1-2. This didn’t provide him the positional freedom he was usually accustomed to as a box to box midfielder. This was completely abandoned by Ancelotti when he realised this formation didn’t work in England.

When they won the double? Abandoned it and got sacked?

5 hours ago, Cicero said:

Wouldn't say the system never worked. He won the league and FA Cup in his first season. You became the first club to score 100 premiership games in a  season.

12 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Wouldn't say the system never worked. He won the league and FA Cup in his first season. You became the first club to score 100 premiership games in a  season.

We played the 4-1-2-1-2 from August to around October and was abandoned for the 433. It was that period Lampard criticised the formation and his strict role as the CAM. 

He wasn't Kaka. 

37 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We played the 4-1-2-1-2 from August to around October and was abandoned for the 433. It was that period Lampard criticised the formation and his strict role as the CAM. 

He wasn't Kaka. 

In that period you were smashing everyone, scoring goals galore. In my opinion the system was fine, it came to Lampard not being happy, nothing else. But each to their own.

39 minutes ago, MUFC said:

In that period you were smashing everyone, scoring goals galore. In my opinion the system was fine, it came to Lampard not being happy, nothing else. But each to their own.

I beg to differ. It's a system that's entirely dependent on the full backs providing the width. Something not really sustainable and Ancelotti figured that out which is why he reverted to the 433 early October with Anelka and Malouda on the wings. Lampard only really talked about his position change at the start of the season when Ancelotti first took over so not really understanding this 'being unhappy' and 'complaining the entire season' talk. Lampard had his best ever goal scoring season. xD

4 hours ago, Rick said:

@Cicero I dunno what drugs you’ve been smoking partner but Lampard is nothing but a whingy little baby man, and a little fat one at that. End of discussion. END OF.

You can’t give Lampard shit for being a whinger and a baby when Gerrard lamped a DJ because he wouldn’t play his favourite song :ph34r:

13 hours ago, Cicero said:

I beg to differ. It's a system that's entirely dependent on the full backs providing the width. Something not really sustainable and Ancelotti figured that out which is why he reverted to the 433 early October with Anelka and Malouda on the wings. Lampard only really talked about his position change at the start of the season when Ancelotti first took over so not really understanding this 'being unhappy' and 'complaining the entire season' talk. Lampard had his best ever goal scoring season. xD

We won't agree but it seems to me the system was changed because Lampard never liked it. There isn't really any evidence to say it couldn't be sustained as it wasn't used for the whole season.

Gerrard didn't like being put on the right wing but at least he saw the whole season out on the wing and had a really good season.

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

We won't agree but it seems to me the system was changed because Lampard never liked it. There isn't really any evidence to say it couldn't be sustained as it wasn't used for the whole season.

Maybe. Maybe not. I'm providing you my input on why I felt it was changed. That system can become incredibly redundant if the opposition simply clog the midfield and force them wide to only the full backs. There's also a reason why no club plays that formation anymore consistently. 

1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Gerrard didn't like being put on the right wing but at least he saw the whole season out on the wing and had a really good season.

Probably a reason why he's won significantly less than Lampard. Gerrard  was a yes man. 

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Maybe. Maybe not. I'm providing you my input on why I felt it was changed. That system can become incredibly redundant if the opposition simply clog the midfield and force them wide to only the full backs. There's also a reason why no club plays that formation anymore consistently. 

Probably a reason why he's won significantly less than Lampard. Gerrard  was a yes man. 

Each to their own, was Stevie really a yes man?

51 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Lampard won more because he played for a oil funded corrupt fucker who outspent everyone during that period. 

Everybody knows that.

2 hours ago, McAzeem said:

This discussion sounds like my dad is bigger than your dad.

If you didn't know how this thread would go, I suspect you hadn't seen this debated out a billion times in various different formats all over the internet while the two of them were still playing. I knew exactly what this thread would devolve into almost immediately. And I'm sure @Devil-Dick Willie knew exactly what he was doing when he had the idea to make the post xD

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If you didn't know how this thread would go, I suspect you hadn't seen this debated out a billion times in various different formats all over the internet while the two of them were still playing. I knew exactly what this thread would devolve into almost immediately. And I'm sure @Devil-Dick Willie knew exactly what he was doing when he had the idea to make the post xD

WE DIDN'T HAVE ONE! This discussion needed to happen. 

BTW Lampard wins 8-7:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Spike said:

The only thing we have discovered so far without a shadow of a doubt is that Liverpool fans are very sensitive

Lol but in this thread there’s disgruntled Chelsea fans that can’t handle other people having a different opinion to them 

5 hours ago, Spike said:

The only thing we have discovered so far without a shadow of a doubt is that Liverpool fans are very sensitive

Agreed. I feel they have some kind of paranoia that everyone hates them & is secretly out to iust get them. 

Archived