talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 2-2 Tottenham - Sunday 4th April, 2021

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Souness was out of touch when he managed Liverpool in 1994. Amazing he's blagged a job off his playing personality for so long. 

Good old Souness. 

The same guy that got duped by Ali Dia and the same guy who said that 'Sevilla are an average team in an average league', only to see Liverpool get slapped by them in the second half to win 3-1. xD

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

When will @SkyBruce Championship give Stevey B the praise he so richly deserves -_-

:4_joy:

It's half positive, though no where near the wank fest that commentary team was having. A fair few flaws and a fair bit of luck.

As a negative, we most likely need to beat one of the top sides to stay up as well as beat Burnley and Sheffield United. There's unlikely any room for failure. It's a toss up between Tottenham and Arsenal as to who is the worst of the top sides we'll play. Meaning today could be a missed opportunity. 

9 games left. Hopefully 9 games at most of this dinosaur at my club. To drop 4 points to this Newcastle team this season is a reason to sack him in itself. He’s killing us

Just thankful we have the best player in the league to keep us out of a relegation battle this year 

Well if we were going to throw 3 easy points away because our effort was nothing short of shocking then glad to see the likes of Leicester and Spurs not being able to take advantage... This only leaves us with Wet Spam on Monday that can get the jump on us... 

36 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Giving a Steve Bruce side that many chances is criminal

Especially when the instructions to his players are as detailed as "go run around and try to score". See Willock's post match :4_joy:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Storts said:

9 games left. Hopefully 9 games at most of this dinosaur at my club. To drop 4 points to this Newcastle team this season is a reason to sack him in itself. He’s killing us

Just thankful we have the best player in the league to keep us out of a relegation battle this year 

Do you worry what would happen if Kane did leave? I know you think he won't and that may be the case, but do you ever wonder where you'll be if he wasn't with you next season? 

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Do you worry what would happen if Kane did leave? I know you think he won't and that may be the case, but do you ever wonder where you'll be if he wasn't with you next season? 

Of course we do. He’s irreplaceable. He’s the best striker in the league; homegrown and world class. But the problems are largely the manager. There’s still loads of attacking talent. Need a defensive rebuild mind you.

But as you know I’d be absolutely shocked if he left. 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Of course we do. He’s irreplaceable. He’s the best striker in the league; homegrown and world class. But the problems are largely the manager. There’s still loads of attacking talent. Need a defensive rebuild mind you.

But as you know I’d be absolutely shocked if he left. 

How long has Kane been a Tottenham player now?? since 2009 is that right if you exclude his youth career?? 

2 hours ago, Storts said:

We are a shambles 

If the rumours are true that there’s no exit clause in his contract, could make getting rid of him pretty messy.

But the Mourinho in charge of a rebuild experiment seems to be a big failure. I can’t see how Spurs can justify spending big money for that brand of football.

I do think it’s weird though that Mourinho’s dinosaur tactics seem to have been completely sussed out and he’s got no answer.

The thread is essentially done, so I don't think this next post will piss anyone off. I am slightly hopeful that Newcastle go down, as that should give Vilca first team minutes. I think I might prefer that than going on loan, but I'm not sure yet xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived